Thread: Misfire All Cylinders

My Cars
    E65

Misfire All Cylinders

Hello, tried to find some info, but failed to do so so I came here for help. Hope anyone can even put me and my friend on a right path.

So the story goes like this: Me and my friend decided to be cheap and change the valve cover gaskets ourselves than to take it to a service. So we got to work, but got confused by the unclear instructions of Valvetronic removal and installation. the most annoying part was it explains how to remove the valvetronic unit, and even then not too clearly and quite confusing, but the installation is always "reverse of removal". As clear as day what to do and how to do it. So we improvised I guess and did it how we understood. Not sure if it's the problem we're having but it's just to put in to context of what we were doing.

Also after we install the valvetronic units we connect a diagnostic tool to make them re-learn their position. So my guess is that it may not be the valvetronics at fault here since they go back to where they should be.

Fast forward to current situation. We start the car and it works fine ... rpm is slightly pulsating, but that was before we did repairs on it as my friend says. When my friend pressed the gas pedal and rpms go to idle again it starts randomly misfiring on all cylinders.

When we connect diagnostic tool the only faults are that of misfire. Just misfire.. not explaining what causes it and no other faults.
    Could've we messed up the timing while installing the VVT(Valvetronic), and if so is there anything that could be done? Or could there be something else afoot here that me and my friend are not seeing.
    We checked all the sensors and everything else around the engine, nothing abnormal.

Please help, we are at a complete loss here, and help would be greatly appreciated.

Also the engine is fitted with a direct LPG system which is now dismantleded. We will try to put it back together and see if it works, will update if I have something.
    Last edited by tiberium; 11-16-2018 at 04:42 PM.