Thread: WTB: e34 / e32 Manual wood console and shift boot

My Cars
    e34 540ia/e32 740il

WTB: e34 / e32 Manual wood console and shift boot

I'm trying to source a couple parts:

The wood console shift surround for manual cars without ASC, part number 51168136286 (Nussbaum wood, no ASC cut out, e34/e32 with leather wrapped center console).

and

Pergament leather shift boot part number 25111222154 (Nappa leather, standard on e32s and e34 M5s) or Pergament leather shift boot 25111222159 (Bison leather, standard on e34 530s and 540s)

Both parts are NLA from BMW. I'm looking for examples in excellent condition. An alternative part to the wood trim is 51168136075, which is the same as the Nussbaum (walnut) part above, except it is for cars with the vinyl center console. Since my center console is leather I would have to sand the perimeter down a little bit to get it to fit.

If anyone has a way to source these parts, please let me know. I regularly hunt ebay, craigslist, and forum classifieds.

Thanks!

My Cars
    1994 740il, 1995 318i
    FunnyI am looking for the same as well as some other parts. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1995 530i E34 M62 Swap
    I have the shift boot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    e34 540ia/e32 740il
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresco34 View Post
    I have the shift boot

What's the condition? Are the tabs intact on the plastic ring? Could you PM me some pictures?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bayerischeNT View Post
    FunnyI am looking for the same as well as some other parts. Good luck!

Haha thanks! These are parts I need for my e32 740il manual swap project

My Cars
    1995 530i E34 M62 Swap
    Yes just give me one second

My Cars
    1994 740il, 1995 318i
    [/QUOTE]Haha thanks! These are parts I need for my e32 740il manual swap project[/QUOTE]

Where did you find a driveshaft that fit your swap? I chopped n welded mine for the drive home from the shop... need a more permanent fix.

My Cars
    e34 540ia/e32 740il
    Haha thanks! These are parts I need for my e32 740il manual swap project[/QUOTE]

Where did you find a driveshaft that fit your swap? I chopped n welded mine for the drive home from the shop... need a more permanent fix.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I haven't got the custom driveshaft yet. It's one of the last things I need. The two places that have a good reputation are Portland Driveline and Carolina Driveline. I got a quote from Portland and it was $750 lol. They won't lengthen the front section without re-manufacturing the entire driveshaft, rebuilding the u-joints, replacing the rear CV joint at the differential, and putting in a new center bearing. My driveshaft and its components are in excellent condition and the center bearing is relatively new. I get that they don't want their work compromised by a donor shaft that may have worn components which could cause the customer to complain, but they wouldn't budge on it. I haven't contacted Carolina driveline yet. Hopefully they are willing to lengthen the front section and re-balance without making a whole new driveshaft.

My Cars
    1994 740il, 1995 318i
    That is the same response I have been getting on getting mine lengthened. I think it is a bit wild to habe to get the entire thing custom made, but at the same time I understand than they want to minimize liability and provide something brand new. I talked to my friend who has connections overseas and hopefully they can manufacture and balance just a new lengthened front section. If i end up finalizing things with them I can see if they would be able to do the same for you. I will keep you updated with what I end up doing. Also, regarding your swap, did you end up getting trans program errors or did you throw in a performance tune chip? I talked to a few people that have done the same swap and I think a DUDMD chip might be the move I will be making.

My Cars
    e34 540ia/e32 740il
    Quote Originally Posted by bayerischeNT View Post
    That is the same response I have been getting on getting mine lengthened. I think it is a bit wild to habe to get the entire thing custom made, but at the same time I understand than they want to minimize liability and provide something brand new. I talked to my friend who has connections overseas and hopefully they can manufacture and balance just a new lengthened front section. If i end up finalizing things with them I can see if they would be able to do the same for you. I will keep you updated with what I end up doing. Also, regarding your swap, did you end up getting trans program errors or did you throw in a performance tune chip? I talked to a few people that have done the same swap and I think a DUDMD chip might be the move I will be making.

Thanks for the info, let me know what price it ends up being for the work.

I haven't gotten a chip yet as I'm not done with my swap. I plan on asking DUDMD about a tune because he seems to be very knowledgeable on m60 DMEs. My car has an auto 404 DME and I haven't found conclusive info about whether or not the a chip for a manual 540 is sufficient to make the engine run 100% correct on an auto DME. I read some conflicting info on various swaps where people have had issues using a DME from an auto car with their manual swap (as in there could be more differences between the two DMEs then just the chip tune). Unfortunately a 404 DME from a manual 540i is not exactly common, but I am confident that would work perfectly if you could find one. I have a suspicion (but no concrete evidence) that those who have had trouble with an auto DME in an manual swap (even with a manual tune) could stem from the fact that automatic e34 540s had AGS for the 5HP30, whereas the auto e32 740 had the less advanced EGS transmission control module.

As for TRANS PROGRAM that should be an easy fix. I posted the electrical stuff in a thread recently either on the e32 or e34 forum. You just have to ground one of the pins from the check control module. Nothing to do with the DME chip.
    Last edited by m60power; 11-17-2018 at 11:46 AM.

My Cars
    1994 740il, 1995 318i
    Are you able to link me to that grounding the ccm?

My Cars
    e34 540ia/e32 740il
    Bumping this thread. I'm still trying to source a mint condition walnut wood (nussbaum) console, part number 51168136286 (slightly smaller perimeter for leather center console) or part number 51168136075 (regular part for vinyl center console)

I've been searching frequently and have struggled finding a good one