RM European Auto Parts

Thread: Universal Heater Core Hookup

My Cars
    Bmw E34 525i

Universal Heater Core Hookup

I need help with hooking up a universal heater core and the original has been removed. The heater core looks like it has been bypassed before and I need coolant flow for the universal setup. Any help regarding how to set it up would be great.

Here are some pictures

Last edited by masgoku; 11-14-2018 at 03:14 PM.

My Cars
    E39M5, E500 4WD
    Buy the correct part ! Jeez, man, this stuff is difficult enough without trying to install garbage universal CRAP. Where do you think you're going to stick that thing anyway?

Look, pick out the parts you need from here: https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/select

(Your car is under "Classic")

Then order whatever's broken or missing from either here:

https://www.fcpeuro.com/

or here:

https://www.getbmwparts.com/?gclid=C...RoCy44QAvD_BwE

Chris Powell
    Racer and Instructor since, well. decades, ok?
    Master Auto Tech, owner of German Motors of Aberdeen
    BMWCCA 274412
    German Motors is hiring ! https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...1#post30831471

My Cars
    E39M5, E500 4WD
    Have a look at this, and maybe you'll understand how absurd it is to think you're going to stick that thing in your car:

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...em-64118351171
    Attached Images Attached Images

Chris Powell
    Racer and Instructor since, well. decades, ok?
    Master Auto Tech, owner of German Motors of Aberdeen
    BMWCCA 274412
    German Motors is hiring ! https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...1#post30831471

My Cars
    Bmw E34 525i
    The issue with that is the fact that the car is missing everything on the inside pretty much. No interior the dash is in with supports no vents or climate controls it was in the process of being turned into a drift car with it being cold I need a solution for winter. I will need a parts car and that is out of the price range for this time it's missing everything to make the factory unit work. It's my daily and where I live it has been down to 10 all week so I need heat. It's a safety issue at this time with windows fogging a freezing over and I don't have the money to get everything. I wouldn't even know where to begin without a car for reference and I don't have a local junk yard that has a car to look at. Keep in mind all I need is the flow of water for it to heat up like any heater core in any car just looking for information regarding that. This car is far beyond putting a factory piece in when I got the car it had no interior at all just seats no dash or anything.

As you can see there isn't much no radio no climate controls there is not place for a factory heater core to go. I did get a new cluster but pretty much the same there are no vents or anything like that and I can easily build a spot for a universal heater core to go that's no issue. If you were to look in the car there is nothing behind the dash is what I am trying to say no mounting point for that. If it had a spot there are no climate controls to make a factory heater core setup work. Without the funds to do so it's impractical and since i'm driving the car right now and it's cold this is going to be my solution for winter.
    Last edited by masgoku; 11-14-2018 at 09:13 PM.

My Cars
    Bmw E34 525i
    I will gladly take suggestions if you know where to find everything that would be associated with the heater core setup. At this time I don't know a place that sells all the car is missing.

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    Quote Originally Posted by masgoku View Post
    I will gladly take suggestions if you know where to find everything that would be associated with the heater core setup. At this time I don't know a place that sells all the car is missing.
    It's called a junkyard.

Just start with a complete car, it'll be cheaper than trying to undo what's been done to that poor car.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

My Cars
    Bmw E34 525i
    I'm dailying the car for winter while I work on the motor and trans for my firebird. I'm not going to buy another car no disrespect intended it's a running car that I can drive. I am using it to get around not just going to come up with money out of no where and buy another car that's not realistic.

My Cars
    Bmw E34 525i
    @ross1
    Like stated above I do not have any local junk yards with a car for parts or reference and that is within a 200 mile radius. I would have to travel many hours

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    I understand your predicament $ wise and logistically but need to remind you that operating this thing without the ability to de-fog the windshield is dangerous. This car shouldn't be on the road. If you can't fix it then you shouldn't drive it but I know you will so here's my best advice.
    Look up member south42(Andy), he frequents the E34 sub-forum and is always dismantling one of these cars. No doubt he has everything you need.
    I just sent a car to the crusher with all these parts too. they seldom sell so are usually not worth the considerable effort to remove and inventory them. I'm sure Andy will help you but remember it is a lot of work, as you'll soon find out.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

My Cars
    e34 535i and 98 528i
    I can help. I believe.

Andy

My Cars
    Bmw E34 525i
    Quote Originally Posted by south42 View Post
    I can help. I believe.

Andy
    I would like some info think I figured it out but any input would great.