Thread: Bmw virgin need some advice

My Cars
    2007 Bmw 328i Coupe

Bmw virgin need some advice

I bought a 2007 BMW 328i Coupe Alpine white I've only had it for a week it has 70k miles on it and clean title.
    This is my very first Bmw for years I refused to get one and only reason why I got a 328i for reliability as oppose to the 335i which is the one I really wanted to get.
    I've owned a G37 Sports Coupe before this one and in the past I've had Lexus and other Infiniti's.

I've taken this car to the dealer for the 2 recalls for blower and pcv. The issues I have right now is mostly electronics. My oil level sensor is off. One day it was very low with the yellow symbol and the next day it will say 1+ quart and other days it will say "OK" so its obvious there is something wrong with the oil level sensor. Also I have a passenger restraint light that comes on sometimes whenever I have a passenger and other days it will disappear. So what's going on here? Is there an app I can connect my laptop to to get correct accurate oil levels for my car and possibly clear these lights?

Also how do I check coolant levels? Hate the fact that my cooler tank is black and can't see the levels its like they do that on purpose to make you go to the dealer.

Pelican Parts is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '02 E39 Touring
    Hello and welcome to the forum! You can get a scan tool, like a Schwaben to check and clear codes. The restraint system malfunction is common (had it in my 135i) - likely just a fuse, although it could be a faulty module as well. I'm including a helpful link to get you more familiar with the E9x platform. Please let us know if you have any other questions or if we can assist with any future part needs.

https://www.pelicanparts.com/BMW/tec...h_main_e90.htm

https://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog...STGEN1_pg2.htm
    Your Trusted Source For DIY and Parts
    FREE SHIPPING over $99 click here
    BMW Parts | DIY Tech Articles | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Promos
    888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST