Thread: Bootlocked

My Cars
    e39 528i

Bootlocked

Mornings
    BMW 528I E39 1999 RIGHT HAND DRIVE MANUAL 5 SPEED
    I know this was discuused many times but i have been reading for the last 4 days and cannot get the correct answser
    ill explain my situation:
    i went shopping friday, opened the boot as always with the master key..put some fresh food in and closed the lid.
    went to buy some smokes and treid to open the boot again but key only turned 45 degrees.
    not the master or valet key wants to open the lid
    i reprogrammed the keys still nothing
    button inside to your right knee doesnt open it
    when i click the lid button by the right knee i hear the clicking sound
    when i click the master remote to open lid, i can hear the clicking and what sounds like the (shhhhh click) noise and i hear a slightly harder Click
    i removed every single fuse in the glove box cleaned and cheacked and replaced a few suspect ones, that i
    know is all working fine.
    today is day 4 and my groceries are still in the boot and is most probly gone bad by now.
    i opened the remotes and found the master remote did now have a battery init so i put new ones in both remotes inside of the 30 second timeline
    they key turns 45 degres but no matter how i pull kick push stomp jump it does not go past to the 90 degree to open it.
    the rear seats are solid with a metal plate so no entry from there.
    all the doors and windows and sunroof opperate normally and have no issues there. the lock button inside by the handbrakes works and opens up everything but not the boot lid
    everything works 100% just that manual key turn to 90 degress is not, both remotes locks and unlocks everything fine.
    What do you guys think as i im miles and miles away from a bmw dealership

regards

Fritz

My Cars
    1997 BMW 540i 6 speed
    Sounds like the actuator has died.

The master key must be rotated 90 deg to pop the boot. Otherwise, you may need to drill a hole in the lid. PM me for the location of the hole, if needed.

Good reason to quit smoking.
    Last edited by edjack; 11-12-2018 at 02:46 AM.

Ed in San Jose '97 540i 6 speed aspensilber over aubergine leather. Build date 3/97. Golden Gate Chapter BMW CCA Nr 62319.

My Cars
    e39 528i
    hahahaha Master key does nothing at all, they are trying with a ascanner now at a local garage here in SA

My Cars
    e39 528i
    please send me that drill location thanks fritzie2828@gmail.com