Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: BMW N63 ENGINE FAILURE - 2009 to 2014 BMW 5 series, 6 series, 7 series, X5, and X6

My Cars

BMW N63 ENGINE FAILURE - 2009 to 2014 BMW 5 series, 6 series, 7 series, X5, and X6

To all that might take an interest in this; this is my first time posting on any BMW forum, and wanted to share my story with everyone. So hopefully people don't make the mistake of purchasing a 2009 - 2014 BMW with an N63 engine and affects five different vehicle classes. These cars are lemons with a long history of mechanical problems, and a class action lawsuit filed in 2015 for excessive oil consumption , drained batteries, and other problems affected by the oil cooled parts inside the car. Visit : www.BangClassSettlement.com to see full notice of the court documents, and full story. The final date for filing any paperwork to claim your vehicle under the class action was October 10th 2018. Too bad BMW has failed to properly notify owners about this, and still continue to sell these cars without advising anyone about the litigation behind them.

In August 2016 i purchased a used 2012 BMW 750LI M Sport with 38,482 miles. The car was sold to me by a private dealership in Los Angeles, and was a one owner lease return that originated from BMW of Santa Monica, CA. The car had a clear title, and free of "defects" , and i paid 42K out the door price with tax & extended warranty to protect me through 100K miles for any possible mechanical issues that could arise with the car. Since that time i've had nothing but problems since i bought it that started with minor things like ignition coils, spark plugs, and check engine lights. Excessive oil consumption was noticed immediately the first year i owned it, and constantly had to top off the oil. I've meticulously maintained the car since i've had it and always taken to a certified BMW mechanic. The BMW service centers i don't trust as far as i can throw them, and use a preferred & HONEST BMW mechanic.

In July 2018 i took my car into the shop to diagnose several issues going on with the car which now has 92K miles. I wanted to have my mechanic check everything including doing a break fluid flush, and oil change prior to making another drive into Southern California from Nevada where i currently live. After inspection my mechanic mentioned that the motor was falling apart; The car had leaking turbo hoses, upper oil pan gasket leak, bad steering pump, excessive oil consumption problems , and the engine valve stem seals we're shot and explained why smoke would come out of the tail pipe during cold starting, and lastly an electric short underneath the drivers seat that scorched the material underneath and could have caught fire at some point had it continued. In all i was facing $15,000 dollars to complete all repairs.

We contacted my extended warranty company who handled the situation great. Due to the extent of the engine problems they sent out an adjuster to verify everything and audited my service records to ensure the car had been properly maintained , and also had video scope photo's taken inside the engine of oil cooled timing chain to verify there was no engine deposits or oil gunk build up. It was clean as a whistle, and they indicated since the repairs exceeded the value of new engine they authorized a complete engine replacement in addition to fixing the electrical problems with my seat. The engine was ordered through a BMW dealership in Las Vegas NV in August, and now here we are in November 2018 and still no sign of the engine or status on when we can expect to receive it. Since July i've had a loaner, and paid out of pocket for extensive rental fees , paying for an auto loan on a car that i can't even drive with still $24K left on it, and have had to register the vehicle as non-operable with the state DMV.

After repeated attempts to get a status on the engine by myself personally and my mechanic to get a status on the replacement engine; we still have no information , and appears to be no end in sight. The only reasoning behind the delay of the engine is that " they can't find any one to make a drive cam shaft on this motor " the third party company that used to make this part went out of business and they have no alternative currently. WTF ????? A drive cam shaft ???? They build the f'ing space shuttle faster than this motor is being is being built. Sounded like complete bullshit to me, and i called them on it stating that it sounded like an excuse. At this point i'm extremely pissed off, and decided to email BMW Group Germany to ask them if they really cared about their customers. I found the CEO & other executive level members of BMW email addresses including their press secretary. I emailed them and demanded a response to this nonsense with the engine replacement.

A couple days later I received a voicemail from a Craig Davis @ BMW North America customer care stating that he was calling because i was interested in a "RE-PURCHASE" of the vehicle. I had missed the call because i was on a business trip. I had no clue what a re-purchase entailed or what the qualifications were , but it was something that THEY suggested. I called back the very next morning which was on a Friday, and he didn't answer so left a message to call me back as soon as possible to discuss what he'd mentioned on my voicemail. He waited three days to call me back and returned my call on October 10th 2018. We discussed the re-purchase over the phone which entailed buy back 100% of the vehicle financing, maintenance, and oil used for the car that i had to top off constantly. I loved that option and expressed my interest to get me out of this situation. He said that unfortunately the deadline had passed to have my paperwork submitted under the class action settlement..... I said "What Settlement? " i had no clue what he meant. He then said "yeah your calling about the class action lawsuit right ? " I told him that nobody had ever notified me at any point by mail , phone, or email about a class action law suit. Confused he said that "well the deadline is October 10th is the deadline to have your request submitted for compensation under the class action". I told Craig that " You know today is October 10th right ? " ; He confirmed this and said that there was nothing he could do to consider me for the class action since it was past the deadline as of that day, and apologized for the inconvenience.

So i contact BMW - Germany, they contact Craig Davis @ BMW North America to ask me about a re-purchase, and then only to tell me that i'm passed the deadline and there's nothing he could do. WTF? How does this make any sense? Why am i now just finding out about this class action lawsuit?? I became more irate and phoned the BMW dealership that we ordered my new engine from, and demanded to talk to a service manager or parts department manager. I told them on they phone that during this whole time my car has been in the shop, and we'd been asking for a status on the engine, or alternatives to put me into another car. I asked them directly if they knew about this class action lawsuit pertaining to my engine ? When i cornered them they paused on the phone & said ... "Yes we knew about it". I said then why did you not say anything about it this whole time ?? Why was this kept a secret or not disclosed? The person at BMW stated that they we're instructed by higher ups not to say anything about it to owners because it was in "litigation, and the car owners would be notified at the appropriate time". They continued the same story about the drive cam shaft holding up the production of these replacement motors, and that there was roughly 185 of these engines on back order in the entire country. WOW.... talk about a cover up right ? I hung up the phone on him, and proceeded to email BMW Group Germany again explaining what i just found out, and that dealerships are hiding this information from people to minimize their exposure & loss due to the class action.

The very next day after i sent that 2nd email i got a call from Craig Davis @ BMW North America again stating that they'd be willing to review my case again as a re-purchase option. I proceeded to email Craig my entire file from the shop that we gave my extended warranty company , and all associated service records. Craig said he'd send it out to his "field team" to be reviewed and a determination would be emailed to me once they made their decision on the matter. After waiting a week i emailed Craig to get a status on the re-purchase decision. He contacted me saying that BMW North America had reviewed my case and have declined to approve my re-purchase request. He would not give any reason as to WHY they we're rejecting it, and would not tell me who this "field team" was. He said he was not able to name the individuals or dealerships that make the decision for their " Protection" . Protection from what ??

They also noted on the rejection letter that their last record of service / maintenance records was in February of 2017 which was not true. I had my car serviced at my own BMW certified mechanic, and provided records for that work done, but BMW refused to acknowledge that in their letter to me. So now here are the facts..

* BMW Continues to sell these vehicles and dealerships are intentionally not advising people that there is litigation behind them starting in 2015 when the class action was filed.
    * BMW Offered a "N63 Customer Care Package" at one point to put a band aid on the problem ;not calling it a re-call, but just making the cars last long enough to make it out of their factory warranties leaving them not liable past that point
    * BMW has not provided any information or status on when new engines that are paid for out of pocket or by warranty are due to be received. Stating a "drive cam shaft" issue is preventing delivery of these engines with no end in sight
    * As a consumer I AM SCREWED. No car for almost 6 months, and no money to buy a new one or sell this one to get out of my current loan so i can buy something else. Without delivery of this motor my car is worthless, and no options.
    * BMW Group Germany and BMW North America have zero control of this situation, and dealerships refusing to help take ownership of these problems.
    * This is consumer fraud at it's finest , and deliberate false statements , misinformation, are being fed to the public about these N63 motors.
    * The 2009-2014 N63 motors are an aging group entering into high mileage and engines are crapping out with less than 100K miles on them

This is snake oil folks, and BMW knows it. The class action settlement proves the excessive oil consumption problems, and now these same engines are failing with the valve stem seals resulting in repair costs that exceed a new engine cost. They have not done their best to advise the public of this and i'm sure there's hundreds of people that might be able to relate to my story.

If you have purchased one of these vehicles recently from a dealer , or have extensive repairs resulting in the requirement of a new engine that BMW is not delivering on please email me immediately so we can talk. Right now i know three other people in the Las Vegas area that are affected by this. We need others in the country to step forward & share your story and put a stop to this. BMW & Car Dealerships have screwed the public long enough, and now they need to take ownership of a crappy mass produced product they've put out into the market. Even if you buy an extended warranty your still not safe; BMW does not have an answer for this, and if you need an engine replacement ... forget it. You'll be out of your car for months on end, and put in line with everyone else waiting.

- Michael

My Cars
    2001 525it
    There was the recent class action settlement on replacing the engines there are at least three bulletins about this engine

My Cars
    2004 BMW 325ci
    So..... I just bought a 2013 750Li Saturday night on impulse. 72k miles. fair price, but not a steal. this is the first post I read, and now what? can this get any better?

My Cars
    You got sold a bill of goods man. Do yourself a favor; go to the www.BangClassSettlement.com website and click on the "notice" tab on the menu bar. Print out that class action notice. Take that car back to where ever you got it, and tell them you want your money back showing that notice. If you keep that car you'll be sorry trust me. I know two other people in Las Vegas that have a 2011, and a 2013. Both of which are having the same problems , and waiting on replacement engines; almost at 6 months now with no car, and still paying this car payment.

My Cars
    2011 750 il2008 Escalade
    I bought my 2011 750 few months ago. I figured out that it was burning too much oil. I purchased it from a relaible Proche dealer in Detroit. They lied to me. Anyway long story short, car burns oil. Took it to my BMW dealer. They dont like to talk about class action law suite. My understanding was, the cars will be fixed by BMW based on milage. Owner is responsible for partial payment, depending on mileage at the time of complaint. My dealer was fairly nice.
    The only problem, they told me no engine available till early next year. Normally i have good experience with BMW. They
    back what they say. I had purchased an online car warranty, but it has exclusion about recalls or service bulletins.

I am sorry this happened to you. Hope it all works out for everyone. I hope I don't get to the point where I have to ground my car. I love it, have few issues, like Tire Pressure module an expensive item gone bad all of sudden and needs to be changed. No spare, since it had run flat tire, which I hated, so changed them to normal tire, now no Spare, and always nervous at night or on long drives.

My Cars
    https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-...-chain-defect/

Doesn't this have a familiar tune ? Brand new class action involving different BMW vehicle classes with know engine defects, and AGAIN bmw fails to notify consumers, and continue to sell these vehicles without a fix to the problem. FRAUD!

My Cars
    E36 Compact,Coupe,E30
    There is a 2013 For Sale on My local FB Bmw page with a brand new engine. This is insane new motors are destroying themselves so early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    S52 E36 Compact
    E36 325is Coronaproject
    08 Saab 9-3 in Oxford Green

My Cars

My Cars
    https://www.consumeraffairs.com/auto...nt&filter=none

Read some of the consumer complaints , you'll see most people have a 1 star review of the automaker. BMW has been putting out garbage for years, and still continue to get paid big. No more 4 year / 50K mile service packages anymore. Now it's 3 years / 36K miles. Wonder why they reduced it ? =)

My Cars
    https://legalnewsline.com/stories/51...ly-consume-oil

Here's another new class action regarding these N63 engines & high oil consumption. Anyone that owns one of these engines currently definitely should read this and contact the attorney noted in the article representing the plaintiffs if you want to get out of owning one of these garbage cars.

My Cars
    2012 750Li, 2006 650i
    Hello all.

Similar to Bmwsucks2018 this is my very first post on any BMW forum, for that matter any Internet forum. Accordingly I wish to apologize in advance for any breach of forum etiquette I may commit.
    In a nutshell - I feel sick to my stomach. Here is a quick summary of my story. During the spring of 2017 I purchased a 2006 BMW 650i convertible (my first ever BMW) and for the past two summers enjoyed and still enjoy driving this vehicle. To date the only issue I have dealt with on this car was the replacement of the amplifier which was damaged from water leaking into the rear side compartment. However it is worth noting the 650 is leisurely driven.

Based on my 650 experience I then felt comfortable and subsequently purchased a used 2012 BMWLi with 100 kilometers (60k miles) in the fall of that same year. It appears, unfortunately, I did not conduct my due diligence with regards to researching the inherent N63 issues.

Immediately I noticed suspicious and abnormal oil consumption. As with you one by one the ignition coils began to fail and on one occasion BMW soaked me for $500 for spark plug replacement. The vehicle now has 145k (90k miles) and since it's last oil change I have had to top up on three occasions. In addition the engine runs rough at idle, there is a noticeable decrease in power and fuel economy has worsened.
    Now somewhat concerned I began to conduct my Internet research and was apprised of this BMW atrocity. Although I have more reading to do I am appalled at what I have discovered thus far. This includes the "Customer Care Package" marketed as a BMW sign of "good faith" where they install an over-sized oil pan and instruct their technicians to overfill between oil changes. All of which, in my opinion, is a stall tactic pending warranty expiration and/or the outcome of the class action lawsuit. What a joke. I don't know how these people look at themselves in the mirror.

My father is a retired GM worker and over the years I have owned several GM vehicles in support of his employer. It is only during my last year of dealing with BMW do I now full appreciate the service I received from GM. Please do not mistake this a GM push or advertisement as I make this statement only to empathize the horrible, unappreciative and dishonest service I have received from BMW. On each occasion when an ignition coil failed I was required to wait a minimum of two weeks before they would rectify the problem. Despite the "Drive Moderately Warning" accompanied with a badly misfiring half powered motor they expressed no concern for my safety on the highway (unable to effectively accelerate and/or pass) nor did they care with regards to the long term effect of extended operation of this crippled engine. The deficiency was so pronounced I had to park the vehicle and arrange for alternate transportation. On each and every occasion dealing with BMW service has proved arduous which included refusal to replace brakes under warranty while even arranging for snow tire installation became an elaborate undertaking.

Bmwsucks2018 I applaud your efforts and ongoing persistence in holding these people accountable. I would love to join the cause and offer my help in any way I can. I have yet to have my 750 diagnosed by BMW technicians but I am certain my issues are one in the same. Based on my experiences thus far I do not expect to be greeted with open arms.

In my case, however, I am hoping there may be a single ray of hope. That being my 750 was purchased with the factory BMW extended 7yr, 200k (120k mile) warranty which will expire in January of 2020. Should this make any difference I am respectfully seeking any advice or guidance (from yourself or anyone) that would assist me in having BMW address this issue properly without succumbing to any of their avoidance stall tactics. If I am incorrect then please advised what Plan B should be and as mentioned above I am eager to join the fight.

Thank you
    Jim

My Cars
    2011 750 il2008 Escalade
    JimZ750,

Seems like problem with dealer. You are lucky you have BMW warranty. Not sure what all is covered but you should be safe through warranty with engine? They use a Milage scale matrics, based on milage of car. Oil consumption review and evaluation is performed in detail, after approval from NA BMW a repair is offered. The higher the milage, more car owner has to pay, their share. You should schedule an oil consumption evaluation at BMW dealer and let them determine the issue.

Good luck.

My Cars
    2011 bmw 550i
    Purchased 550i in May with 72K. loved car. Engine started smoking 6 weeks later. Car was previously maintained with superb care. All records squeaky clean. Mechanic says it could be Valve stems. I purchased Toyota Corrolla to drive back and forth to work after excessive oil burning, gas, and coolant fluid became evident. I also heard about possible recall. I did not want to drive over 79, 999 miles so I could qualify for higher percentage of new engine being paid by BMW. Stupid me, I missed response date to qualify for new engine. I have to add about 2 quarts of oil every 600 miles. Still loved car and was saddened that I missed the class action qualifying to receive new engine date. I said I would just buy oil, coolant, which i have to fill up every 2 weeks and save for new valve stems. Then, while taking car into get recall power coolant pump, my car started smoking. Repair cost quote by BMW Delear repair= the rear differential leak is $2099.76. The oil pan gasket is $5135.72 and the Turbo coolant lines are $3024.07. BMW mechanics said n63 engine has countless defects and new engine is still not fully ready yet. If engine is not ready, why can't I still qualify for new engine? How can more drivers in this same situation band together and produce a more satisfying solution? I spent $20K on my car and repairs when you include New valve stems adds up to $22K.

My Cars
    2011 bmw 550i
    BMWsucks2018 I am with your efforts and cause. Let me know what I can do to assist?

My Cars
    2012 X5 50i

I am waiting for a N63 engine replacement in a 2012 X5 50i in Seattle, WA.. They tell me February, 2019.

Has anyone received their replacement yet? Could you keep us all posted as to:

1. When received?
    2. Year and Model
    3. Geographic location of the dealership?

My Cars
    BMW 2011 750i xDrive
    Totally understand the issues Some recent background. Here in Canada BMW at ALL levels is silent and basically brain dead on this issue. Nobody at the Toronto main dealer will even whisper there is a problem. My 2011 750ixdrive began to use more oil than normal and also smoke after 10 minute idle. Car has 150,000 km on it and other than these issues runs perfect and always has My third party warranty company i Protect did the right thing and authorized extensive repairs. Full engine out rebuild with new valve seals, which are a prime weak point plus ALL gaskets and hoses in the hot vee.I personally paid for the walnut blasting for the intake and exhaust manifolds
    Cleaned and recoded all injectors just to be on the safe side
    Final result was about 8,000 C$ in repairs at BIMMEX in Toronto who only work on BMW and have done upwards of 20 of these repairs In their view the manifold blasting should almost be required service at 100,000 km. Every car they have seen is choked full of carbon. Typical injector cleaner does. Or work on these engines as I am sure everyone knows due to DI
    Car now has used NO oil after 2563 km. Oil will be changed at 3,000 post the repair Acceleration is like new and fuel consumption is greatly reduced
    Take always. At every service have all hoses clamps in the vee checked. These run hot and it’s just a fact that anything rubber will get eaten up. Change oil every 5,000 km especially if driven hard in the heat. Turbos are hard on oil.
    One other important discovery. These engines hate any fuel with ethanol. I switched to Shell 91 V Power which is ethanol free and made a world of difference I have switched back and forth and I know the non ethanol fuel runs better. No rough idle better acceleration
    Hope this is useful

My Cars
    BMW

Do you have an update on your situation?

Finally someone speaking the same language as me. What is your contact info or email? I’m in the the same boat as you. Cars been idle in the dealer shop for 6 months strong now. I thought I would have it within a “reasonable amount of time”

Bottom line is... you are absolutely correct when you say that this is consumer fraud and that it is absolutely terrible we are making payments on these defective vehicles being stuck in the shop with no evident sign of an ending to the waiting period. We are stuck paying for a car we can’t drive. It’s like deciding to buy a Bentley one day and the dealer telling you to make payments for the next 6+ months and that they will send you home in a Volkswagen for the time being. Just make payments and we will let you know when you can have your Bentley which you will immediately be making payments on.

I have suffered enormous amounts of time and stress and failed attempts with service staff and/or corporate to ultimately either give me the car that I thought I would experience when I made the purchase and blindily kept replacing oil in (because “your car just burns a lot of oil.) I dont remember the last time I wasn’t paranoid about the smoke coming out of my muffler from the defective, blown seals. I feel like buying a slightly used bmw is something I will compare to walking on egg shells moving forward. You will either get extremely lucky and not be paranoid during the life of your autoloan, or you will be screwed and receive false or no information. You will be stuck with about $15k of additonal debt or expenses related to produc defect problems arising that should not happen.

What is your contact info? Let’s chat.

My Cars
    2011 750 il2008 Escalade
    I am in same situation. High Oil consumption. I took mine to BMW deler before the dealine of October. They kept the car for 3 days and finally said my car qulifies for new engine. As of this date no engine. I called the dealer and my service advisor just BS'd around for not calling me. He said the class action law suite has changed and some cars are just getting repaired, mine needs to go to engineering again for review. I will schedule an appointment next week. Last night my Drive train malfunction warning came on and stays on. I have some experience in repairing cars. I reviewed the fault codes in instrument panel, through the hidden feature no one talks about. There are no codes showing but its running rough. Check engine light is on. My 2011 x-Drive has only 74000 miles. All the services are upto date. Now I am loosing sleep over the car. I love this car but not i dont know what to do. BMW says no engines yet. Anyone seen this drive train problem before. Is this real bad news? I should have listened to my wife and never bought this car.

My Cars
    2010 BMW X6
    I never thought BMW would repair my car. I approached the settlement with optimistic caution. My car started using oil at 35k miles and thought I complained and complained, BMW did nothing! They just lied and deferred, hoping we would junk our expensive cars. Mine made it to 95k miles when I parked it. by then my wife was being told her car was on fire from all the smoke.

On January 10th of this year, the dealer called me and asked me to bring my car in for 'N63 class action settlement repairs". Not the term "repair" vs evaluation. So I did and after they did all the recalls, the dealer called and said I needed a new engine. Now last summer they told me I needed valve stem seals for $21k. Now I need a new engine! And by the way, they haven't done any 'free' repairs, they just want me to pay $8,200 for 60% of a new engine. Like I would put 8,200 or even $82.00 into this POS. I paid 70k for this car and it basically limped to 93k miles. Not to digress, but I bought this car to replace a Jeep Grand Cherokee that i ended-up keeping because the X6 wasn't reliable. So I paid 70k for this junk, added about 16k in fuel injector repairs (another fraud case if you ask me), and then I had to spend a couple of thousand to keep the Jeep running! I mean, the companies I've worked for (IBM, Cisco, Novell, Symbol, Oracle), ha, even Oracle wouldn't treat a customer this way.

My complaint is pretty simple. They are supposed to attempt repairs, up to three times, before replacing the engine. Read section B, paragraph 3, I believe it was, of the settlement. I also think that since they did an oil consumption test at 53k miles, why are they using the later date for the prorated engine. Granted this is my view but we will need a referee. There are other complaints, mostly involving BMW just flat out lying to me. The problem is that we have little or no recourse. I've asked McCune-Wright to weigh-in and said I would cover their fees.. I'm must admit I'm getting tired of this as it's been going on for years and years.

One other problem in my case is that the dealership changed hands and the service techs no longer have access to my prior repair orders. They printed out what they have and BMW NA used this for the basis of their denial for more assistance. But assistance shouldn't be in debate if the settlement was worded correctly. Also, the customer comments they printed don't match those I remember clearly from the hard copies. I have the hard copies someplace in my house that was flooded last year. Sooner or later I'll find them and then we can talk about fraud. Prior to meeting with an attorney 2yrs ago, I had copied off my comments from this and prior repair orders to demonstrated that I had been trying to get assistance. But for some reason their comments online don't match those I copied into my letter to the attorney in 2016.

I spent about 155k on BMWs plus repairs, cost of funds, etc. I can tell you this, BMW doesn't care one bit.

Jerry
    n63@hanler.com
    Last edited by CNCJERRY; 02-04-2019 at 12:18 AM.

My Cars
    2010 BMW X6
    Quote Originally Posted by naqvi View Post
    I am in same situation. High Oil consumption. I took mine to BMW deler before the dealine of October. They kept the car for 3 days and finally said my car qulifies for new engine. As of this date no engine. I called the dealer and my service advisor just BS'd around for not calling me. He said the class action law suite has changed and some cars are just getting repaired, mine needs to go to engineering again for review. I will schedule an appointment next week. Last night my Drive train malfunction warning came on and stays on. I have some experience in repairing cars. I reviewed the fault codes in instrument panel, through the hidden feature no one talks about. There are no codes showing but its running rough. Check engine light is on. My 2011 x-Drive has only 74000 miles. All the services are upto date. Now I am loosing sleep over the car. I love this car but not i dont know what to do. BMW says no engines yet. Anyone seen this drive train problem before. Is this real bad news? I should have listened to my wife and never bought this car.
    The drive train malfunction came on in my car once when the battery was low. Just because the car is running it doesn't mean it is generating enough voltage with the battery as well. I had a Ferrari F355F1 that wouldn't shift if the battery was low, for instance. In my case when I got that error, my battery was low and had to be replaced.

Best of luck. I'll leave you with this thought. Right after I bought my X6 iDrive5, which I loved, the service manager (not the techs) told me the large engine BMWs are junk. He said it isn't "if you will get a 20k repair bill" but when. He went on to say you should never purchase these cars (I did) but lease them. Never own them out of warranty. This was literally within weeks of spending 70k on the car. I told the GM about the comments and he said nothing. He didn't even fire the service manager.

Jerry

My Cars
    2011 750 il2008 Escalade
    I am so sorry you are going through this. Seems like you have all figured out. I dont think i have resources or patiance to fight BMW. Today, I turned it in for diagnostics. I have good knowledge of cars, but this one is not designed to be worked at home. I went through codes from in dash diagnostics. Like unlocking the codes by adding your VIN number and interrogating the memory. No codes showing, battery voltage showed normal, 14.5v and no other code showing. BMW had flagged during inspection a month ago bad battery. Mo voltage gage in car, just that blue band?? I was baffeled by not be able to find fault. Service advisor said I am due spark plug change in 6000 miles. If plugs were bad, why no code? Beside oil issue, I had no problem with car. Still looks like brand new.

My Cars
    2011 BMW 750Li
    I'm in a similar situation with Bmwsuck2018 I've been waiting almost 8 months now for a replacement engine for my 2011 BMW 750Li. I have tried contacting my service center in regards to a timeline on when I can expect a replacement, but they kept telling me to contact corporate for more information. When I tried contacting corporate and even a executive customer relations person he told me to call my service center for updates which they couldn't provide as they had no updates on when a replacement engine would come. This persisted for the first 4 months my car was at the service center. I have been strung around from the service center and corporate for about 8 months now and when corporate finally gave me a update (mid December) on when to expect a replacement engine (early January) it turned out to be another lie. Since then I have called again a received another update by customer relations who say I will have a replacement engine by the end of February but time will only tell. Through out this whole ordeal I have learned that BMW customer relations and especially executive customer relations are a joke and have no real knowledge about updates on parts and availability and are really there to string you along. Thank you BMW for showing me what type of car manufacturer you really are and how I will never be buying a BMW in the future.

Update: Called the service center today and have been informed that the replacement engine has come in and the car should be ready in a couple of days. Still will not be buying a BMW in the future though.
    Last edited by shawn938; 02-05-2019 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Update

My Cars
    2010 BMW X6
    shawn938, what was your contribution to the cost of the engine? Please don't tell me zero. What is your mileage?

Here's what I don't understand, why are certain people getting engines for free with about the same mileage, age, etc as mine yet I have to pay 60%? I think I was nice to them right up until it became hopeless. I've also had so called executives from the customer care center call me but all they did was yell at me about talking to the Bang Class administrator.

I did get a call from California Bureau of Automotive Repair (BAR). He said it will take a week or two to get to me. The dealer called me today and finally ponied-up and sent me the log of the times they topped off the oil. According to them I was getting 1200 miles per quart at 54k miles but they are missing the times I put oil in the car after the major repairs at 52k.

Anyway, I'm sure others are getting bored. I have my demand letter written for the attorney. I don't know how much more I can do. Ultimately, BMW NA has the money and I'm finding it hard to pry out of their hands. I have lots of evidence of the problem starting during warranty so maybe California BAR will take-up the case. I have evidence of the fuel injector issues as well. But can I file suit against BMW for not treating me the same as others? What kind of fence could they be putting around Shawn938 (if his is zero with the same mileage) vs me? Can they act capriciously and help whom they please?

Jerry

My Cars
    2011 BMW 750Li
    CNCJERRY, My third party warranty covered majority of the engine replacement cost because at the time I had no idea of the class action only after two months of waiting for the replacement engine did I get a letter in the mail regarding it, and by then my third party warranty had already paid out to the service center. In all I have to pay $1167 out of pocket. I tried getting BMW corporate to reduce the cost to me but was given nothing despite having to wait this long.

My Cars
    2010 BMW X6
    Shawn938, thanks.

For others on the forum, if you have a 2010, 2011, 2012 car with greater than 85k miles that was covered with a free engine or free repairs on the Bang Settlement, please send me a note at N63@hanler.com. It would be greatly appreciated.

Jerry

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast