RM European Auto Parts

Thread: Help! Anyone have a DRL malfunction?

My Cars
    2011 528i

Help! Anyone have a DRL malfunction?

Hello all! I am new here, and hoping someone out there can help me with this situation. I have a 2011 F10 528i. I am getting an alert of "daytime running light malfunction". My right side of headlight after a car wash gets condensation in the lens of the headlight. It was after a car wash that this first alert came on. My question is....

Since the halo eye on the right side no longer lights, I am wondering if this could be the problem and causing the alert? Also, how does one fix the halo eye issue? Could it be a bulb that can be replaced or am I just wishing on that hope?

I would appreciate if anyone is familiar with this problem or had maybe had to fix?

Thanks for any help or insight....greatly appreciated!!

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    Modern cars, including BMWs, aren’t as well sealed as older cars. The issues are thick rubber seals and sealants cost money and they add weight. All car makers do their darndest to reduce the weight of their cars.

Ok, your problem is obviously a water intrusion issue. What has happened is water has gotten into the light module. The first step is to remove the electric connector at the back of the light module. Then, you need to check the connectors on the wiring harness and the light module for water intrusion, corrosion and damage caused by arcing. You also need to find the path of water intrusion and see if you can prevent water from getting into the light module.

Try www.newtis.info.

My Cars
    E39M5, E500 4WD
    I replace halo light bulbs every day. Some BMWs have bulbs which are easy to reach, some are difficult. I do not recall where in particular the access for the bulb is on your car. The best way to identify the location is to open an access port on the side that's working, and see where the light is coming from. There may be a small opening in the top of the light unit, or you may have to go through the door at the front of the inner wheelwell panel (in front of the tire).

Yes, you'll need a new bulb, once you find out which type it takes.

Chris Powell
    Racer and Instructor since, well. decades, ok?
    Master Auto Tech, owner of German Motors of Aberdeen
    BMWCCA 274412
    German Motors is hiring ! https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...1#post30831471