Thread: Alarm Issues - Please Help Gents

My Cars
    1998 BMW 740i

Alarm Issues - Please Help Gents

2001 740iL

When I lock the car the alarm invariably activates after 7 seconds.

I tried simply unplugging the front hood switch and that has not changed anything - do I need to do more than unplug the hood button?

I also double pressed the lock button on the remote attempting to deactivate the tilt / motion sensors.

I do not need the alarm on this vehicle - is there away to shut it down so we can freely lock and unlock the vehicle with the key remote and or manually?

Any and all guidance would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

My Cars
    2001 740il
    This has many threads on this issue. Last one was the alarm siren in the passenger rear wheel well, usually the battery fails and leaks acid on the circuit board. But there’s been faulty drivers door module too. Usually it’s the motion sensor in the head liner or hood pin is the culprit.

My Cars
    2001 525it
    When you alarm the car wait a second and hit the lock button and they will disable the interior sensor, if it stops going off that it's the interior sensor, if you had access to say an autologic you're could read the trigger counternto see what has the most recorded numbers, in theory that would tell you what's setting it off

My Cars
    1998 BMW 740i
    So my Autel MaxDiag will indicate where the alarm is coming from??

My Cars
    1998 E38 750iL
    Quote Originally Posted by jclausen View Post
    When you alarm the car wait a second and hit the lock button and they will disable the interior sensor, if it stops going off that it's the interior sensor, if you had access to say an autologic you're could read the trigger counternto see what has the most recorded numbers, in theory that would tell you what's setting it off
    Just FYI, when you do the double-press it deactivates ALL the supplemental monitors - interior motion sensor, hood sensor, and rear tilt sensor.

My Cars
    15 650ix GC & 14 X5 50i
    If youv'e disconnected the hood alarm's electrical harness...when you lock the vehicle with the remote or manually using the driver's door exterior lock cylinder...look at your DWA's red alarm status LED to see how it is flashing. (See image below for DWA (anti-theft alarm siren system) status LED location if you don't know where it is)

If the alarm's status LED is flashing fast for the 1st 10 seconds...then it means that one or more monitors is remaining open. If the hood alarm has been disconnected from its electrical harness...then it can be ruled out as the culprit since it has been removed from being detected by the DWA (anti-theft alarm siren) system. If you've disconnected the electrical harness to any of the other ancillary monitors (interior motion & tilt)...and the LED is still flashing fast for 10 seconds, then the only other culprits would be the door and trunk actuators.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 11-10-2018 at 11:50 AM.
    Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

2015 650ix GC (Moonstone/Cohiba Brown) <<~>> 2014 X5 50i (Space Gray/Mocha)

My Cars
    1998 e39 touring wagon
    Hi I am a new member and i Have 1998 e39 touring wagon. ALARM PROBLEM

1st When i bought the BMW wagon the key fob is not initialize with the care so every time i unlock the door manually the siren goes ON, so i did the switch on ignition, switch off remove the key and hold unlock and press lock 3 times. and it worked. Now i can lock and unlock the door remotely BUT still the alarm sirens Turns ON, Every time i click the unlock button What should i do?

I already disconnect the hood switch.
    I chnged the jey fob battery.
    My wagon battery is new.
    Someone told me to unplug the alarm fuse but i dont know where it is and if i do that i woudnt know is someone is trying to do
    anything to my car.

Please my good sir help me.

My Cars
    15 650ix GC & 14 X5 50i
    Quote Originally Posted by igot5s View Post
    Hi I am a new member and i Have 1998 e39 touring wagon. ALARM PROBLEM

1st When i bought the BMW wagon the key fob is not initialize with the care so every time i unlock the door manually the siren goes ON, so i did the switch on ignition, switch off remove the key and hold unlock and press lock 3 times. and it worked. Now i can lock and unlock the door remotely BUT still the alarm sirens Turns ON, Every time i click the unlock button What should i do?

I already disconnect the hood switch.
    I chnged the jey fob battery.
    My wagon battery is new.
    Someone told me to unplug the alarm fuse but i dont know where it is and if i do that i woudnt know is someone is trying to do
    anything to my car.

Please my good sir help me.
    See post #6...and take a look at the status LED chart. When you lock the vehicle...what is occuring for the 1st 10 seconds? Is it flashing fast or does it go right into the slow continual flash?

If it is flashing fast, then slows down....then one of the remaining DWA (anti-theft alarm siren system) monitors is remaining open (doors, int motion sensor, tilt sensor, or trunk).

If the LED (the clown nose on an e39 below the rear view mirror) goes right into the continual slow flash...then theirs a good probability that the battery INSIDE THE ALARM SIREN is on the fritz...if this is the case...try shopping the internet for a new or used one.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 11-13-2018 at 04:52 PM.
    Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

2015 650ix GC (Moonstone/Cohiba Brown) <<~>> 2014 X5 50i (Space Gray/Mocha)

My Cars
    1998 BMW 740i
    Can I simply disconnect the the alarm siren?

My Cars
    2001 740il
    Quote Originally Posted by jcle38 View Post
    Can I simply disconnect the the alarm siren?
    Yes, but it’s a lot of work to get too. So I would just buy a replacement and be done. I’ve replaced 4 now in the last 2 years and 2 motion sensors. So it must be EOL for the sirens. Just sayin

My Cars
    1998 BMW 740i
    Where are the motion and trunk sensors located?

My Cars
    2001 740il

Alarm Issues - Please Help Gents

Sorry I call the occupancy sensor in the headliner a motion sensor, that’s what it is. Siren is behind left rear inner fender near the strut tower

My Cars
    1998 E38 750iL
    The trunk (tilt/motion) sensor is somewhere underneath the amp on the left side of the trunk I believe.