Thread: E36 InPro Euro Glass Headlights Question

My Cars
    1998 BMW 328i Sedan

E36 InPro Euro Glass Headlights Question - What kind of Angel Eye bulbs?

I picked up a set of used InPro glass headlights for my E36 for cheap. They're projectors and they have a built in Angel Eye/halo setup that are illuminated by bulbs. I've been spending time restoring them and I've found that one of the headlights is missing the set of bulbs for the AEs.
    Anyone know anything about these headlights and what kind of bulb I need?
    I couldn't find much information about the set online so I'm hoping someone here will see this and can help. I can take some pictures of the wiring and Angel eye bulbs that I have in the other headlights in the morning if someone thinks that'd help them figure it out.
    I was also thinking about using an alternative bulb like an LED bulb or wire in some other kind of angel eyes into the housing.
    Any information any of you guys can share about these headlights would be appreciated. Thanks!

My Cars
    97 M3 & 13 Rav4
    Quote Originally Posted by JayCarrE View Post
    I picked up a set of used InPro glass headlights for my E36 for cheap. They're projectors and they have a built in Angel Eye/halo setup that are illuminated by bulbs. I've been spending time restoring them and I've found that one of the headlights is missing the set of bulbs for the AEs.
    Anyone know anything about these headlights and what kind of bulb I need?
    I couldn't find much information about the set online so I'm hoping someone here will see this and can help. I can take some pictures of the wiring and Angel eye bulbs that I have in the other headlights in the morning if someone thinks that'd help them figure it out.
    I was also thinking about using an alternative bulb like an LED bulb or wire in some other kind of angel eyes into the housing.
    Any information any of you guys can share about these headlights would be appreciated. Thanks!
    If only one set is missing the bulbs, just pull the bulbs out of the other set. They should have markings on them. I'd shy away from using LED bulb replacements. The lighting won't be as evenly distributed. If you're dead set on having LED Angel Eyes, using angel eye rings.

My Cars
    1998 BMW 328i Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by LockDots View Post
    If only one set is missing the bulbs, just pull the bulbs out of the other set. They should have markings on them. I'd shy away from using LED bulb replacements. The lighting won't be as evenly distributed. If you're dead set on having LED Angel Eyes, using angel eye rings.
    Here's a picture, the markings are worn. Think you can make out what they are?

20181109_122359.jpg

My Cars
    1998 BMW 328i Sedan
    Ah nevermind, I think I may have found them. T5 wedge bulbs

My Cars
    98 328IS 03 325xi
    Plenty of t5 LED bulbs but they do come in different sizes and configurations.

Gave away my BMWs, driving a VW and an Audi now.

My Cars
    1998 BMW 328i
    Take the bulb to Oreillys and they can cross reference it and set you up with either an led or a halogen bulb.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk