Desecrator of all things Sacred

My Cars
    '91 e31
    Beautiful seats. What are they from?
    Look like e36 Vaders - yes?

My Cars
    1994 BMW 840CI S62 DINAN
    yes, Sir ! vader off a e36 m3
    They are from 95-99 bmw e36 m3 coupes with the sport option interior. they fit perfectly in the e31 ! Next will be my half cage/roll cage to give it the ultimate race car look inside !

im not talking about changing a headlight or how to install a door handle that your telling me about the e31 community freely talks about information. I understand to help others in this forum but you guys are trying to bash on me about an entire swap that literally no one does and hardly any few people do in the e31 community. ( So what is the point of sharing that info to people who are not even going to do the swap. ) Believe me if you need help with minor things on youur vehicle i can help with that and i also part these vehicles out for a living here at my junkyard in rancho cordova ca.

im not talking about changing a headlight or how to install a door handle that your telling me about the e31 community freely talks about information. I understand to help others in this forum but you guys are trying to bash on me about an entire swap that literally no one does and hardly any few people do in the e31 community. ( So what is the point of sharing that info to people who are not even going to do the swap. )
    Last edited by shogun; 11-12-2018 at 09:28 PM. Reason: advertisement removed

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    as you are a pro recycling shop, see item 9 forum rules http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum-rules/ Non-Supporting Vendors
    ADVERTISING http://www.bimmerforums.com/vendors/
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!

My Cars
    E85 Z4M, E39 540i/6 & M5
    Quote Originally Posted by shogun View Post
    as you are a pro recycling shop, see item 9 forum rules http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum-rules/ Non-Supporting Vendors
    ADVERTISING http://www.bimmerforums.com/vendors/
    Yeah I’ve kinda had enough from him. Comes on here and starts trying to sell knowledge which again is 100% against the spirit of the forum world. Go sell your “impossible” “so hard to do” swap on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1994 BMW 840CI S62 DINAN
    Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedManual View Post
    Yeah I’ve kinda had enough from him. Comes on here and starts trying to sell knowledge which again is 100% against the spirit of the forum world. Go sell your “impossible” “so hard to do” swap on eBay.

?? Ok no one spoke of hard to do man.

- - - Updated - - -

You can go read the comment of a member asking cost.. you dont like it no need to keep clicking on this forum.

- - - Updated - - -

Thx for the imput man! I didnt know i can do that Finally someone who has a helpign comment. Instead of just bashing on a new member. I was asked about cost and responded to another member. Now since i know about vendor i can sign up for that. The others talk about member are this and that well why not help me out like shogun so i know what to do. I didnt know answering a question was a problem.

My Cars
    1994 BMW 840CI S62 DINAN
    Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedManual View Post

There is a way to give info to a new member and teach him instead of acting the way you are. Help like you guys are telling me this forum is abouf. Give me a tip and let me know what not to do. As a question was asked i answered and looks like some poeple didnt like it. Give me pointers im sure you see im a new member to the forum.

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    All is clarified now, let's go back to discussions about our cars, modifications, engine swaps and whatever is of interest here in the forum.
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!

My Cars
    1994 BMW 840CI S62 DINAN
    Quote Originally Posted by shogun View Post
    All is clarified now, let's go back to discussions about our cars, modifications, engine swaps and whatever is of interest here in the forum.
    Yes!

My Cars
    BMW 850
    This is a pretty interesting swap.
    Has been done in Poland also and added to that a supercharger from EES and a full supersprint headers and exhaust.

My Cars
    E30S62, E21S54, E31S85
    Did you need to make any subframe or suspension or sway bar modifications to get the drivetrain to fit?

Do you have an LSD diff?

Like the color combo and wheels!

E31’s are hard man. They’re rare so parts are super expensive. It’s got a huge engine bay so engine swaps are relatively easy, but still must be done tastefully to keep the value of the car up.

I’d love for you to post some updates pics of the on-process engine swap if you have them!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Frank Macaluso - BMW Drivetrain Transplanter
    Frank Macaluso
    http://www.garageaholic.build
    BMW Engine Swaps
    Current Swap 2016 LT1/6 into E24 6er
    607-953-9587
    Contact@garageaholic.build

My Cars
    '97 840CI
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRecyclers View Post
    ...Give me a tip...
    Rough start, but sure...
    * By comparison to other forums, the e31 crowd is older, technically sophisticated, have engineering degrees or equivalent long-term experience.
    * Whenever a newbie enters a forum, the BS filters are on their full setting. The burden is for the newbie to prove they are bringing something that is not already here in abundance. Your information arbitration scheme, prevents this step.
    * V12 people live here. To present the V8-whatever as the ultimate sought-after is basically trolling the V12 crowd which is over half your audience.
    * Most of us don't get caught on camera doing peel outs and donuts. We don't see the e31 as BMW's answer to the Camaro.

Along the way I've collected a few philosophy's and one of them is "Don't squander enthusiasm".
    So please continue.

My Cars
    E30S62, E21S54, E31S85
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyper View Post

* By comparison to other forums, the e31 crowd is older, technically sophisticated, have engineering degrees or equivalent long-term experience.

* Most of us don't get caught on camera doing peel outs and donuts. We don't see the e31 as BMW's answer to the Camaro.
    These 2 are my favorite - because burnouts don’t inspire people. Education, knowledge transfer and genuine DIY inspire. Yes I’m relatively new to the forum and I have a lot to share with this very tight knit, educated, and e31 community, but I’ll get there.

Nobody is going to make any money on anything e31. Volume is soo small, market is too niche, and enthusiasts know better. You do it for you. You do it for the technical challenge. I haven’t introduced myself formally but I will in another post shortly.

See you all soon!

Frank Macaluso
    BMW Engine Swaps
    607-953-9587

My Cars
    1994 BMW 840CI S62 DINAN
    Quote Originally Posted by M3fan4eva View Post
    These 2 are my favorite - because burnouts don’t inspire people. Education, knowledge transfer and genuine DIY inspire. Yes I’m relatively new to the forum and I have a lot to share with this very tight knit, educated, and e31 community, but I’ll get there.

Nobody is going to make any money on anything e31. Volume is soo small, market is too niche, and enthusiasts know better. You do it for you. You do it for the technical challenge. I haven’t introduced myself formally but I will in another post shortly.

See you all soon!

the LSD i have is listed on the original comment. Everything else is factory on the vehicle i went from a 4.0l v8 engine to the s62 which was an easy fitment for me. I used the old engine brackets off of the original motor. But the s85 i believe you will need custom brackets made.

My Cars
    840Ci/6 528iT Europa TCS
    A most very impressive car. I would love to have your information, but the expense is beyond my means for just the information. This will be an expensive undertaking. I have done a 3.15 LSD swap with info posted by Olin who was also available to answer my questions along the way. I have done the Koni adjustable inserts (The Hyper Method) and I even purchased a pair of strut tubes from you so I could perform the conversion out of the car and make it an easy swap. Based on all the testing an information posted by M6Bigdog, I swapped out previously installed Eibach springs for a set of Euro sport springs another member procured for me in Europe and forwarded. Both Hyper and M6BigDog were available and passed on additional information through this forum which again, helped me complete those projects. Lastly, I have done the 6 speed conversion with the information posted by Terminator who was also very helpful with additional information that I needed to fully understand the process. It would be very beneficial to many of us if you would be kind enough to share your knowledge. You never know, you might sell a bunch of M5 engines and ancillary parts to a lot of us enthusiasts who wish to emulate your mechanical prowess and make the conversion.
    Food for thought.

My Cars
    1994 BMW 840CI S62 DINAN
    Richard wassup! Thats right you did purchase parts from me! Info will be given to those who need it and will be doing the swap. Thx for the advice

For the v12 e31 owners -- we are building a e31 with a n73 v12 out of the e65/e66 760li with a 6 speed manual transmission. 6.0 liter v12 with the itb's.. kind if like the e31 m8 prototype!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rjbaren View Post
    A most very impressive car. I would love to have your information, but the expense is beyond my means for just the information. This will be an expensive undertaking. I have done a 3.15 LSD swap with info posted by Olin who was also available to answer my questions along the way. I have done the Koni adjustable inserts (The Hyper Method) and I even purchased a pair of strut tubes from you so I could perform the conversion out of the car and make it an easy swap. Based on all the testing an information posted by M6Bigdog, I swapped out previously installed Eibach springs for a set of Euro sport springs another member procured for me in Europe and forwarded. Both Hyper and M6BigDog were available and passed on additional information through this forum which again, helped me complete those projects. Lastly, I have done the 6 speed conversion with the information posted by Terminator who was also very helpful with additional information that I needed to fully understand the process. It would be very beneficial to many of us if you would be kind enough to share your knowledge. You never know, you might sell a bunch of M5 engines and ancillary parts to a lot of us enthusiasts who wish to emulate your mechanical prowess and make the conversion.
    Food for thought.
    Give me a call instore and we can talk richard! Again i was asked by a member cost.. i shouldnt have answered his question. We can chat over phone! Hope to hear from you soon

My Cars
    1994 BMW 840CI S62 DINAN
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
    Rough start, but sure...
    * Whenever a newbie enters a forum, the BS filters are on their full setting. The burden is for the newbie to prove they are bringing something that is not already here in abundance. Your information arbitration scheme, prevents this step.
    * V12 people live here. To present the V8-whatever as the ultimate sought-after is basically trolling the V12 crowd which is over half your audience.

Along the way I've collected a few philosophy's and one of them is "Don't squander enthusiasm".
    So please continue.
    i have no idea what ive done to anyone on this forum to be treated the way i am. All i did was answer a question and just trying to show my build to the e31 community. I have no idea why it matters to you why i am doing s donut in MY car.. again you comment is not a tip nor help as i asked from former members of the forum. Everyone has their own taste in cars and i like mine the way it is. No need to be mad at someone else taste.
    Last edited by TheRecyclers; 11-14-2018 at 03:43 AM. Reason: Message

My Cars
    91 Dinan860 & 91 850 6sp
    ...For the v12 e31 owners -- we are building a e31 with a n73 v12 out of the e65/e66 760li with a 6 speed manual transmission. 6.0 liter v12 with the itb's.. kind if like the e31 m8 prototype!
    That's going to be interesting. better choice is the N74 though... but that's a tight squeeze vertically
    '91 Dinan 860 Stage III (new 6L engine)
    '91 Dinan 850 TT stage III (brand new engine) 21st Century Tech meets 18th Century Dinan...
    '91 850i 6sp (mint) (sold)
    '90 Dinan 750iL TT stage III (Guido - The Beast)
    '94 850 CSi The Detroit Auto Show car (restored to factory perfect) (sold)
    '96 850Ci, The George Carlin car
    ''73 3.0 csi, '08 535i, '03 X5 4.6is
    ...and a few other non BMW cars

My Cars
    93 850Ci, 09 Caddy SRX
    For the v12 e31 owners -- we are building a e31 with a n73 v12 out of the e65/e66 760li with a 6 speed manual transmission. 6.0 liter v12 with the itb's.. kind if like the e31 m8 prototype!
    That sounds nice! Feed us updates.
    1993 850Ci.....18 years & 165,000 miles and counting!

My Cars
    '97 840CI
    .. you comment is not a tip nor help...
    Changed my mind. Where is that guy with the machete?

My Cars
    1994 BMW 840CI S62 DINAN
    Quote Originally Posted by cartoonz View Post
    That's going to be interesting. better choice is the N74 though... but that's a tight squeeze vertically
    We thought about that as well, but looking at wiring diagrams putting the n73 in it shouldnt to be hard. Just need to check on a couple of fitment things and we should be rolling soon !

My Cars
    1994 BMW 840CI S62 DINAN
    Quote Originally Posted by TedBobo View Post
    That sounds nice! Feed us updates.
    yes sir ! Will let you guys know how that one will be in the making. Hope to start soon on the build as of now getting a couple things together for my next e31 which will be shown soon in another forum. Next build will have another s62 put in her but this time will be bone stock to factory and will look jsut about original ! Will be CA legal to smog and donor s62 comes from a vehicle i found in a yard with 10k miles !

My Cars
    E30S62, E21S54, E31S85
    Quote Originally Posted by cartoonz View Post
    How do you plan to enable CAN communications including EWS Anti theft delete?
    I understand the discrete signals and power/ground are easy but what about the other signals the steering Nguni expects to receive from the rest of the car to prevent it from going into limp mode (or not start at all)?

Frank Macaluso
    BMW Engine Swaps
    607-953-9587

My Cars
    1994 BMW 840CI S62 DINAN
    Quote Originally Posted by M3fan4eva View Post
    How do you plan to enable CAN communications including EWS Anti theft delete?
    I understand the discrete signals and power/ground are easy but what about the other signals the steering Nguni expects to receive from the rest of the car to prevent it from going into limp mode (or not start at all)?

Full EWS delete brain.. meaning everything gets whipped out of the brain and literallty just left with engine functionality.. its crazy what the ecu controls and all its functions.. it will have error codes one example ( rear doors are open, and tht is because swapping into an e31 which is a coupe the brain automatically believes since its not closed shut there is a problem) so we get the entire ecu flashed and zero out every funtion that is not needed into the swap car to prevent any error code that can cause a limp mode or engine to not start. Its crazy now how these guys learned the flash game so well on swap builds for BMW. It has trully evolved since a couple years ago, and guys just get better and better with it. They made the impossible very easy now with what they have learned !! This will be the same as you s85 swap

My Cars
    BMW 850i
    +1 On this build. When will the project be complete?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast