Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1 of 1 BMW 840CI M5 Engine Swap

My Cars
    E30S62, E21S54, E31S85
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRecyclers View Post
    Full EWS delete brain.. meaning everything gets whipped out of the brain and literallty just left with engine functionality.. its crazy what the ecu controls and all its functions.. it will have error codes one example ( rear doors are open, and tht is because swapping into an e31 which is a coupe the brain automatically believes since its not closed shut there is a problem) so we get the entire ecu flashed and zero out every funtion that is not needed into the swap car to prevent any error code that can cause a limp mode or engine to not start. Its crazy now how these guys learned the flash game so well on swap builds for BMW. It has trully evolved since a couple years ago, and guys just get better and better with it. They made the impossible very easy now with what they have learned !! This will be the same as you s85 swap
    Yup that’s what I was thinking! I thought I could give it a shot to try to reprogram it myself. What software do you use for these types of ecu downloads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Frank Macaluso - BMW Drivetrain Transplanter
    Frank Macaluso
    http://www.garageaholic.build
    BMW Engine Swaps
    Current Swap 2016 LT1/6 into E24 6er
    607-953-9587
    Contact@garageaholic.build

My Cars
    1994 BMW 840CI S62 DINAN
    Quote Originally Posted by Eight Baller View Post
    +1 On this build. When will the project be complete?
    Will keep you guys posted on when it will start and how we will be looking to finish ! will keep updates

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by M3fan4eva View Post
    Yup that’s what I was thinking! I thought I could give it a shot to try to reprogram it myself. What software do you use for these types of ecu downloads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    id have to get that information from a buddy who does the flashing for me ! Will let you know asap

My Cars
    1994 BMW 840CI S62 DINAN
    E31 INTERIOR.jpgE31 CSI M8.jpgE31 PEBBLE.jpg

Another shot from the driver side !
    Car parked at pebble beach

My Cars
    97 850CI
    yes sir ! Will let you guys know how that one will be in the making. Hope to start soon on the build as of now getting a couple things together for my next e31 which will be shown soon in another forum. Next build will have another s62 put in her but this time will be bone stock to factory and will look just about original ! Will be CA legal to smog and donor s62 comes from a vehicle i found in a yard with 10k miles !

While I personally have no interest in an engine swap for my 8(but I hope you can change my mind), I think your work is brilliant. I know the "Purists" will look down their noses on these threads, but to take a vehicle of any sort, and finish it to your particular taste, and driving experience, is far more interesting to see than a stock vehicle, in my humble opinion. I am in the process of a back seat delete, and am looking forward to seeing your roll bar design. I wish I had not seen the E36 seats in your 8, since I prefer them to the stock seats, so now I am looking.

Keep up the great work, as threads like this will keep this forum alive.
    Desecrator of all things Sacred

My Cars
    Cool Volvo, Ugly BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by 72tpik5 View Post
    While I personally have no interest in an engine swap for my 8(but I hope you can change my mind), I think your work is brilliant. I know the "Purists" will look down their noses on these threads, but to take a vehicle of any sort, and finish it to your particular taste, and driving experience, is far more interesting to see than a stock vehicle, in my humble opinion. I am in the process of a back seat delete, and am looking forward to seeing your roll bar design. I wish I had not seen the E36 seats in your 8, since I prefer them to the stock seats, so now I am looking.

Keep up the great work, as threads like this will keep this forum alive.
    I would like to see this back seat delete when you finish. I like the idea.
    What "thumbs up" really means

My Cars
    1994 BMW 840CI S62 DINAN
    Quote Originally Posted by toomanyparts View Post
    It is deleted at the moment! Jsut no roll cage yet. I will share a phot tomro of the set up and how it looks! I personally love the way it looks, and beside who ever sits int he back seat?!? Lol

My Cars
    BMW 850
    I have had fx child seats in the back and sometimes you take friends with you.
    I would keep the rear seats.

My Cars
    91 850i-95 850csi- 94 85
    You must have some small friends not alot of room back there LOL.

My Cars
    BMW 850
    Í have had my bro back there and he is 194 cm
    We are though rather fit here in Europe 😱😙

It’s good to have the seats just in case

My Cars
    97 850CI
    Quote Originally Posted by toomanyparts View Post
    I will post the progress. I am not planning to do anything that is not reversable. I have gotten side tracked into clearing out the "junk in Eva's trunk". The amp and telephone junk, the trap door, ski boot, first aid kit doors etc. I am going to put a speaker grill over the opening and center mount a sub in the trunk. Also going to dye the trunk carpets and panels black.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fatandre View Post
    I have had fx child seats in the back and sometimes you take friends with you.
    I would keep the rear seats.
    That is exactly why you take out the back seats, so you can't take your friends with you. Child seats?!?!?! You might as well take a goat in your car, far less mess and fewer foot prints on everything.
    Last edited by 72tpik5; 11-27-2018 at 04:45 PM.

My Cars
    97 850CI
    It is deleted at the moment! Jsut no roll cage yet. I will share a phot tomro of the set up and how it looks! I personally love the way it looks, and beside who ever sits int he back seat?!? Lol
    I am needing an update please. The roll bar/back seat delete is of interest to me.

My Cars
    1994 BMW 840CI S62 DINAN
    Waiting on ym roll bar to be finsihed up. they are charing me $2000 for the custom bar will send photos over soon !

My Cars
    850i, Alpina B7, E61
    The swap is very clean, any car enthusiast can appreciate this.
    It's good to see that there are more of these swaps being done.
    When I did my swap there was very little to almost no information about performing this kind of surgery on an E31.

Great job Doctor

My Cars
    1997 318is Coupe
    There is an S62 conversion running around here in Australia. I know a guy in Sydney who does these sort of conversions. They're time consuming but straight forward. Quality build results come from patience.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123