Thread: Project e63 5.5L Stroker/Methanol

My Cars
    Bmw M6 e63

Project e63 5.5L Stroker/Methanol

Well I am so excited I can’t believe it. About three years ago I sold my 2006 M6 and have regretted it ever since. My old setup was Eventuri,Rpi pulley, Evolve stage2 tune, primary cats gutted and Active Autowerkes exhaust that I had straight piped and some resonators added. I was completely happy with the performance and loved the car so I wanted to do the same set up. Regardless of whatever E 63 I looked at even ones with low miles I would need to make sure the motor would be bulletproof so I wanted bearings, Vanos upgrade/line, oil pump/cooler,etc... The reason for these upgrades are because my main regret about my last car is I never drove it because I always feared something would go wrong so this time around I didn’t want that as a possibility. Factoring in the cost of getting an e63 and all the work that would need to be done the price was getting up there so I started researching factory S 85 rebuilds. Long story short I ended up contacting Troy Jeup and he took the time to talk to me for like two hours. He gave me some really good advice on what to look for and what not to look for and he said for the price that was going to pay I could get a 5.5 liter stroker with methanol, upgraded axels, etc.. he has tons of e63’s/e60’s. For the cost of what I was going to do before I pretty much am now going to end up getting a 2006 but instead of the factory motor being beefed up it’s going to have the 5.5L/meth and its going to cost me less than the other route I was going to go. I will update this thread with pictures during the process. I know a lot of people have said some negative things about Troy but when you really break it down it only came down to a timing issue. Never heard a single negative review on a bad build from him. I am in no rush for this car at all in fact perfection in anything takes time so it will definitely be worth the wait. Plus I was thinking the “wait“ would be like six or seven months but if I had to guess I would say maybe sometime in January possibly sooner everything will be done. I haven’t even worked out the fine details with Troy yet so I am not going to list any prices and also because my situation is different since Troy and I will be doing some bartering. But he has the car and plans to get started. I told him to start only when he has the time as I don’t want anything rushed. I live in Southern California so when the build is finished I will fly to Michigan and then drive the car to Chicago where his buddy is going to ship it back to California for me. Troy has been more than helpful on any questions I’ve asked and he’s taking the time to give me some very honest answers and i’ve learned a lot. I am a businessman and I am used to dealing with lots of different personalities. When someone is trying to sell me something I can pick up on it right away. Just the simple fact that Troy advised me to keep the factory exhaust as in upgraded exhaust could cause me to lose a little Torqie and just do some muffler modifications and I think a couple other little things instead of telling me to get a new exhaust shows me the integrity he has. I asked him if I should go with the Evolve Eventuri again and he said no the factory boxes actually perform really well and the car will run cooler. That makes a ton of sense because on my last set up I did not notice any power from the Eventuri in fact my ambient temperatures were hotter. He also advised me not to mess with the MAF’s and once again he was correct because after I did my Evolve stage 2 tune w/o MAF which was the last step of my old full bolt on e63 the car ran much hotter and performed worse. I used to have the sprint booster and loved the throttle response and from what I was told the evolve stage two replaces it and you get much more power and response but the car did not run right, horrible throttle response and the power band was totally off. One day it would run good one day it wouldn’t. I even had a few guys on here help me out making sure the timing sporadic and even though everything was correct the car was still never the same after that tune. So just those few little things maybe very coachable to work for Troy and I look forward to this experience. To break a few things down for you guys the car is going to be Sapphire black with black interior carbon roof carbon trim. I’ll do all the same carbon fiber pieces as my last set up which include front spoiler, side skirts, rear bumper skirts and rear diffuser. This time a carbon fiber steering wheel will be added. BC coilovers. I know a lot of you are going to appreciate this next comment. “This time around I will not be going with the Lamborghini doors LOL” but you guys know me and I always have to do something different so this time around my “extra“ option is going to be carbon fiber wheels. I don’t care about weight reduction so I’m not going with a full CF wheel just a gloss carbon fiber layering finish with a gloss black barrel. Talking to several different companies who already make this set up and who also can do the finish on any wheel I get. This will not be the Hydro dipping either. For sizing upfront it will be a 20x9 not sure yet on tire size but it doesn’t really matter. Rears will be 20x11 or 11.5 and I’ll go with ToyoR888R’s either 305/35’s or 315/30’s. I was happy with the performance of my old e63 so this will be a whole new ballgame especially since the torque band is from 3300-7600rpm. #’s should be around 665-677 crank Hp and 510-520 lb-ft. It will be very interesting going from the factory s85 that puts out 384lb-ft torque at 6100rpm to 130+ lb/ft torque at almost half that rpm 🙂 Regardless I don’t really care about numbers especially after seeing this video of a 2018 ZL1 that only weighs a tad over 100lbs more with 650lb/ft!!!!!!! torque vs a 5.5liter M6 which I’m not sure is on methanol or not.
    https://youtu.be/-7JF0z55ioI

And here is an example of what the finish look like on the wheel. I’m not sure on what wheels I’m going to get yet I found a great deal on a pair of Vorsteiner titanium finished VFF-103’s but the only problem is the fronts are 20x9.5 22 offset. My old setup flushed great with 20x9 18offset but I had spacers in don’t remember the size. The Vorsteiners may stick out too much but i’m going to have to see if there is something I can do to get them to flush. Anyway this is what the carbon finish I’m looking for should look like. I like the darker black carbon fiber with high gloss. http://strassewheels.com/carbon-fiber/

MauiM3Mania is offline Observer/Master Skeptic Moderator
    My Cars
    88M3 99M3 04M3 ITBx16
    I have a suggestion. Use a few line feeds, carriage returns, whatever you would like to call it, but your post needs a few to be readable.

Have a great day!
    04M3 TiAg 69k slick-top 3 pedal
    99M3 Cosmos 61k S50B32 euro 6Spd

88M3 AW 43k miles Project FS

WTB: 3.5" Eurosport/Conforti CAI

My Cars
    Bmw M6 e63
    Quote Originally Posted by MauiM3Mania View Post
    I have a suggestion. Use a few line feeds, carriage returns, whatever you would like to call it, but your post needs a few to be readable.

Have a great day!
    Sorry. I use voice text and when I’m excited I’m impulsive 😀
    Last edited by John250; 11-09-2018 at 06:09 PM.