Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Barn Find? Almost

My Cars
    98 M3 Coupe Estoril/Blk
    Silas, what's most attractive about this car is that it's had the same owner for the last 17 years. He cared enough about it to store it in his garage with a cover, not in a field with a tarp. That says a lot. Take a look at CL and see what E36 M3's are on there for $4K and you'll cringe. That rear subframe does NOT need to be replaced, unless you're seeing something I'm not. Looks like surface rust.

The unknown is the 6 yr old fuel. I would drain the fuel, put in fresh 93 with your fav fuel system cleaner, and fire her up. I bet she'll surprise you. Then change all fluids. New plugs and air filter. New tires. Inspect cooling system and if suspect, this should be your first DIY. This shouldn't cost you much to get her road worthy if you can DIY. Clutch can be a bit costly if that time is near, but not a bad DIY. If this was near me, I wouldn't hesitate at $4K. Would be a fun Winter project.
    Last edited by RND1; 11-21-2018 at 07:55 AM.

My Cars
    M3 conversion
    Quote Originally Posted by RND1 View Post
    Silas, don't let these guys scare you away. This looks like a great project and if you can confirm a sound motor and body, you can hardly go wrong for $4K. Baseline it, get some new tires, and enjoy the heck out of it. I've had a few old BMW's and the E36 M3 has been the most reliable.
    I'd agree. If you go into it expecting to do some work, you're not afraid to do it, and it's not your daily driver (so you're not stuck if it has to be down for a bit)... I'd go for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12