Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My E34 530i Manual Thread

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 Coupe
    Finally got a look at in the light today and my radiator cracked up on the top left. Ordered new upper and lower hoses and radiator from FCPeuro. Also noticed my maf intake boot is starting to crack somewhat severely (never noticed any issues running yet weirdly) so I'll need to order that too but the only one on fcp was 90 bucks.

I just looked at tunershop for vogtland and Im not seeing E34 under the options for suspensions, do you have a link? I need new springs and shocks and Ive heard good things about vogtland

Quote Originally Posted by Fresco34 View Post
    Im scared for the first time i get stranded. Hopefully it doesnt happen for a while, or ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1995 530i E34 M62 Swap
    Quote Originally Posted by ihm96 View Post
    Finally got a look at in the light today and my radiator cracked up on the top left. Ordered new upper and lower hoses and radiator from FCPeuro. Also noticed my maf intake boot is starting to crack somewhat severely (never noticed any issues running yet weirdly) so I'll need to order that too but the only one on fcp was 90 bucks.

I just looked at tunershop for vogtland and Im not seeing E34 under the options for suspensions, do you have a link? I need new springs and shocks and Ive heard good things about vogtland
    Yeah here ya go

https://www.tunershop.com/shop/vogtl...oaAjMfEALw_wcB

My Cars
    1995 530i E34 M62 Swap

Vogtlands and bilstiens in. Better pictures to come!

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 Coupe
    How are they feeling so far?

My Cars
    1995 530i E34 M62 Swap
    They are feeling a lot better than stock, the car feels a lot more sporty and can take corners like a champ. My back also isn’t murdered after a long trip.

My Cars
    1995 530i E34 M62 Swap
    Replaced a fuel filter today
    It was a tight fit but didnt even have to jack up the car

I cant get rid of the smell of gas in my house though

My Cars
    1995 530i E34 M62 Swap
    Well I had moisture in my drivers carpet so I got to rip it out to dry today
    Not the first time my car has looked like this

Found out the moisture was coming in through the door. So i cleaned that all out and now my car looks like this
    Hopefully my bathroom will dry it out quick

My Cars
    1995 530i E34 M62 Swap

Clay bar’d, waxed, and sealed

My Cars
    1995 530i E34 M62 Swap

My E34 530i Manual Thread

Big update time.

First I had a beautiful sunset so I had a passenger take this pic.
    Then a few days later it decided to snow in Washington!
    After the snow melted I decided to change my gas lines because I had a leak, no pictures but those old lines were shriveled up like an 80 year old testicle. After starting up the car I noticed what sounded like a metal box of ball bearings getting shaken in my engine so I inspected and I saw coolant all over my engine bay. I had no milkshake so after some research and seeing pictures of bad pumps that look exactly like mine I decided it was time to change the water pump and do a cooling system overhaul in general. So I bought everything except a new radiator and after waiting for shipping I got to work. it also decided to start snowing about 5 minutes into my work so that was great. this picture is about 30 minutes before this one its getting cold in the e34’s natural habitat.

I got the new waterpump in, along with a thermostat.

I took the old clutch fan and threw it against my driveway because that shit sucked and I got myself a pretty volvo fan
    I started the car and everything was good with no leaks so I drove around the neighborhood and then I saw my temps rising and my thermostat housing had a big crack in it! So I called autozone and they had a housing there for my car so I drove the mom mobile all the way to Tacoma from Olympia in the snow and when I got there they couldn’t find it. So now I’m waiting for a new housing in a state (not counting eastern Washington) where snow causes the entire community to go into panic. All though I did get some nice peaceful pictures of my lovely vehicle. This spot is cursed, here is my friends e36 from a few years ago that sat here broken for a month

While waiting for my new thermostat housing I got the rest of the work I needed done like wiring up the volvo fan. I had to use spacers, zipties, a fan mounting kit from CRAP, and the stock bmw shroud but it came out pretty nice

The new housing is in, it’s so shiny
    Got the thermostat housing in along with hoses and all new coolant.

A few days later I did some exhaust work. Exhaust out.
    I live in a place with almost no road salt so these bolts were actually pretty easy to get out with the car on stands.

Cutting off the old muffler
    The other half i cut off all of the surround I just want the pipes that straightened out so I wouldnt have to do much bending.

Looks pretty good

Exhaust clip coming soon…

Last edited by Fresco34; 02-20-2019 at 10:13 AM.

My Cars
    1995 530i E34 M62 Swap
    So ive done a little bit since my last update.

First i changed out the uca’s and tie rods and that took a while but i got them in and now i have no steering shake. I need new sway bar endlinks though. this pic was about two weeks after having them in. Still workin great.

Next I found a guy parting out a 740iL and got the b40 intake manifold and 80mm throttle body. I had to dig it out of a bunch of rat shit so it definitely needed a cleaning. this was after a simple green soak and jesus those bolts holding the throttle body and breather valve were an absolute b!tch to get off. these are the intake runners everybody talks about. a mix of denatured alcohol and boiled linseed oil really brought the life back to it. I got all new gaskets for the throttle body, breather valve, and the bottom were it connects to the valves. gave the throttle body and good wire wheel polish and some high grit sanding. this clip is my least favorite piece of metal to exist. It feel down into the valves when i took the old manifold and decided to take four hours to get out. Any magnet was too big so i had to get a piece of copper wire and bend the end like a fish hook. Then carefully lift it up until i could grab it with a pair of pliers. I got everything back in a decided it was time for bed. i gave the engine bay a good cleaning the mixture i talked about earlier and i think it looks wonderful. I also spent many hours trying to figure out why my idle was bouncing and took everything off again and reseated all my gaskets, then cleaned out the idle control valve, then reset my throttle cables and still it was a problem. I then looked back at the fuel rail and noticed that the vacuum line that connects to the fuel rail from the breather valve had become disconnected and both times i put the intake on i forgot to put it back on its always the simplest things ugh.

Now its time for some interior work. I hate the beige color mostly because after 24 years it becomes slightly pink like raw pig or something. So i decided to dye my carpets and redo my headliner. the headliner came out easy enough but taking all the foam off took an astronomical amount of time. Anybody doing a headliner, the best way to get the foam off is just rubbing it off with your hand. Knives will get clogged and scratch it or get dull fast and a sander will just destroy it so doing it by hand is your best bet. the carpets got dyed and became a purplish dark grey which i have fallen in love with. the headliner looks great and even better in person. Idk if you can tell but it’s all micro suede.

My Cars
    1995 530i E34 M62 Swap
    Part two of update: I gave my car the monthly cleaning and it always amazes me how different she looks all waxed and sealed. the mirror glaze on after wax is true to its name https://imgur.com/a/TICRjU1

A few days later i had to go to spokane which is about 350 miles away from Olympia so round trip was 700 miles. Luckily the e34 performed wonderfully and had (almost) zero problems

About 5 miles from being home i was driving down a hill in neutral and noticed my car was idling at 6k and that’s no bueno so i pulled over and saw my cruise control cable grommet had broken into two pieces. So I disconnected it and finished my drive home. This is a pic of it the next day so the next day i just decided to use some super glue and it has worked ever since.
    The other thing that happened, happened literally in my drive way. So I never pull into my driveway because I like backing in and I always do so. But this time i was exhausted after driving almost 11 hours and decided to just say screw it and pull in, well that caused me to crack my front bumper absolutely terribly. the next day i took it off before work and drove it without a bumper. it doesnt look absolutely terrible but i would rather have a bumper so i got the zipties out and patched her back up
    Next on fresco34’s adventure on breaking everything on his car is his wheel. I absolutely yiffed a turn and cracked my wheel there’s my finger pointing out the crack in case you didn’t see it in the first pic /s. As much as i loved having a different size wheel which looked better than the ones on it it was time for some new shoes. Found a guy selling some style 71’s which are my second favorite bmw wheel after contours for $250 with wheel spacers, extended lugs, and tires. they fit perfectly in my back seat. I got the e46 staggered ones and the backs are pretty wide Putting them on was easy and with the spacers they fit perfectly. its crazy how wheels can change the look so dramatically now just time for another wash

moroza is offline MORΩN ΛABIA BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E34T
    Looking good!

My Cars
    1995 530i E34 M62 Swap
    So I went on vacation to egypt so i have been away from my car for a while. Saw the tourist stuff and it was great and saw some e34’s there too! All of them were 518i because they have over 40% tax on imports and more on engines over 2 liters. then when i got home yesterday i went to go get gas and my leaving the gas station my car blew a radiator
    I finally got to join the club!

i took it out

that damn plastic

I drove to Puyallup and the same guy who i got my intake manifold from was still parting out his car, so i was able to get a radiator that will work until my new one comes in as i need a car

Fits perfectly (who knew the oem radiator would)

Working again

My Cars
    1994 BMW 540i Touring
    Hey did you find a replacement for the seatbelt height adjusters? I noticed they were broken in a couple of your pictures.
    I need some also and cant find them anywhere!

My Cars
    1995 530i E34 M62 Swap
    Quote Originally Posted by DADWAG View Post
    Hey did you find a replacement for the seatbelt height adjusters? I noticed they were broken in a couple of your pictures.
    I need some also and cant find them anywhere!
    Are you talking about these? https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/99?...3D173739846613

My Cars
    1994 BMW 540i Touring

No, the automatic tensioner seen here in the top right of your picture. Mine are broken in the same way.

My Cars
    e34 525i
    Wow... I usually get stressed when a little bit of rain is falling and my e34 is outside...

My Cars
    1995 530i E34 M62 Swap
    Quote Originally Posted by DADWAG View Post

No, the automatic tensioner seen here in the top right of your picture. Mine are broken in the same way.
    O, i never fixed it haha, so i have no idea where you can get them

My Cars
    1995 530i E34 M62 Swap
    Quote Originally Posted by 4dri4n View Post
    Wow... I usually get stressed when a little bit of rain is falling and my e34 is outside...
    I cant do that living in one of the rainiest places in the US

My Cars
    E34
    Great job on the car.
    I'm from the Seattle area.

My Cars
    1995 530i E34 M62 Swap
    Quote Originally Posted by 762Armo View Post
    Great job on the car.
    I'm from the Seattle area.
    We’ll have to meet up at sc&c sometime, ive been meaning to go for a while

My Cars
    E23 E24 euros E34 E38
    What is sc&c? Thanks

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1995 530i E34 M62 Swap
    Quote Originally Posted by bigperm206 View Post
    What is sc&c? Thanks

Seattle cars & coffee

My Cars
    E23 E24 euros E34 E38
    Thanks for the info. That's kinda what I figured. Where is it located and what time does it start? Thanks

My Cars
    1995 530i E34 M62 Swap
    Quote Originally Posted by bigperm206 View Post
    Thanks for the info. That's kinda what I figured. Where is it located and what time does it start? Thanks

Usually it’s sunday and time depends, and the location has been changing recently. I would just look at their facebook page, otherwise what i tell ya could be useless in <a month

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast