Thread: FS: Z4M/E46 M3 RacingBrake 4-pot Front 2-pot Rear

My Cars
    2006 Z4MR, 2008 328xi

FS: Z4M/E46 M3 RacingBrake 4-pot Front 2-pot Rear

Hi all! This is a very old account that I mostly used for lurking, so my reputation for sales is definitely unestablished. I posted a listing on zpost to sell my RacingBrake 4-pot Front 2-pot Rear BBK, and a member there that has helped me a lot suggested I cross-post over to a couple other M3 forums as the kit is a direct fit. So, here's the cross post, with all the original text from the first post

Not sure how to add details for the sale, if I can figure that out I'll add them but I'm in Northeastern PA, will ship at buyer's expense, and can drive a bit to meet/deliver parts.

Update:

Price dropped to $1,800

PHOTOS ADDED:

Here you go! https://photos.app.*******/B2zFjeRjRcnSVc6N8

BRAND SPANKING NEW UPDATE: Price updated to $2,000 for every part I have, but you are also welcome to pick through the parts and take F/R, individual parts... I just want these brakes out of my car, my home, my life. Cue that best salesman award. Finished a 2-day DE at NJMP and the brakes felt great, I inspected them afterwards, there was minimal deposits and the pads were worn evenly and well away from the minimum. All in all, I felt great. I told myself before the event, even one small problem after all the shenanigans and I was done with them. Went to replace the track pads (oh, I have more extra track pads too, I'll update the inventory) after replacing the left rear just fine and feeling a wave of relief, one of the front left (inside top) piston was sticky. When I tried to spread the pistons, I smelled and noticed brake fluid leaking out. So I'm out. I hope these parts find their way to a) someone that just wants cool red big brakes that do seem to work better than original for street use, b) someone that has had more luck with RB and is more mechanically inclined than I that wants some spare parts, or c) that South Carolina Powerball winner that wants to dig me out of this mess. I don't believe I posted any photos, but I will try to get photos of the brakes on all four corners today, and when they're removed I'll post more photos.

UPDATE: Price reduced to 3,300.

Disclaimer: I really don't have a good history with these brakes. I'm not selling them to try something different, I'm not selling them because I need more stopping power, I'm selling them because they don't work well for me. Be that through driver error or quality of parts, I cannot tell, but after my last two HPDE events (two day and three day) I have had a fair amount of issues (listed at bottom, all mostly resolved by RB and my shop).

I know, salesman of the year award. But really, I just want to be very clear in why I'm selling these. From everything I read on the forums, these brakes should be fantastic. I'm listing this kit for anyone that wants to try RacingBrake at a reduced cost (with extra parts) or for someone looking for a set of spares to bring to the track.

To RacingBrakes credit, they have been wildly supportive in getting me parts at reduced cost or free for replacement, but at this point I've lost confidence in the brakes for track events. I wouldn't even suggest that they be used on track, but far wiser people than myself have claimed they're amazing on track. So I really don't know.

To the kits credit, when they worked they were fantastic. No fade, lots of bite.

And now for the listing!

For sale is a 4-pot front, 2-pot rear RacingBrake BBK sold with hardware for the Z4M (also fits E46 M3).

Specs for the kit are:
    - 348x32 front rings, slotted, 4 piston calipers (red)
    - 330x22 rear rings, slotted, 2 piston calipers (red)

Updated: Parts available
    - all four hats
    - all four calipers
    - 1 (front left) has one sticky, leaky piston, was rebuilt before last track event, some cosmetic scratches
    - 2 rebuilt before last track event, haven't tried to change pads, don't know the condition of the pistons
    - 1 brand new (right rear) before my last track event
    - four used rotors
    - fronts should be reasonably good, some heat marks/deposits
    - one of the rears has spiderweb (presumably surface) crazing
    - four close to brand new replacement rotors
    - installed, maybe 500 street miles and 8 HPDE 20-min sessions, installed on car before most recent track event
    - SS lines that came with the kit
    - whatever hardware is used to attach them (basically whatever came in the kit)
    - Current street pads (most of the meat there, XT910)
    - Mostly new front XR-70 track pads
    - Brand new rear XR-70 track pads
    - Brand new front XT-970 track pads
    - Brand new rear XT-910 track pads

I'll even throw in the original right rear that was replaced because the threads to hold the banjo bolt stripped.

My last track day I was advised I should ditch them and go with Stoptech ST40s, however I'm going back to OE + track pads.

The parts are coming off the car as I type this, I'm at the mechanic right now. I should have pictures and measurements of pads, rotors, etc.

Issues: I ruined a rotor and damaged another (my fault) by running pads down to the backing in April. I ordered new rings all around, rebuild kits, and all was well. Also, my rear pistons were getting sticky, but not to an unusable point. This one was mostly my fault. In October, I ran Watkins Glen for a 3 day weekend. My rear pistons were sticky and the rotors seemed to look really bad all around, I was running their most aggressive track pad. I was given replacement rotors all around, as well as a new rear right caliper.

Most recent: Came back from a 2-day HPDE at NJMP and one of the front pistons was sticky and appears to be leaking. I'm out. So yeah, I really have no idea if anyone would be interested in taking these off my hands, but to summarize, I'm selling a whole mess of parts for a lot less than MSRP, so if you're interested, snatch 'em up.

Last edited by mimarcos; 11-26-2018 at 10:44 AM.

My Cars
    2006 Z4MR, 2008 328xi
    Bump, price drop to 1,800.