Thread: 335xi Dashboard black out, car still drives?

My Cars
    1999 BMW 323ci

335xi Dashboard black out, car still drives?

Hey what's up BimmerForums!

Recently decided to finally fix my e90 as I've been neglecting it since I sold my e36. Anyways, I've run into a dilemma I'm left with no where else Togo but the trusty forums. 2009 335xi with navigation and back up sensors. So about 6 months ago on a random evening I started the BMW up and the radio had no sound but was working visually. Found some answers that lead me to believe it was the Amplifier in the trunk. Logics 7 amplifier.

I have driven The car this way for a while since music won't make or break the ride but aparently over time something must have happened because now my complete dash board went black! Speedo is stuck at 40 mph as well as the gas gauge and no electrical at all. Navigation screen is also all black and my heater and other cluster instruments. Only the hazards are working and the push to start.

I figured it was in conjunction with the L7 box so I bought a new one for 500$ beans and now I have sound from my radio but no visuals! Any suggestions where to start?

im assuming it must be a fuse since it took so many things out at once but I can't find any bad fuses behind the glove box

My Cars
    2008 BMW 335i

Unhappy More Computers = More Problems

Hey DTD

I spoke with a tech from MyAirbags and he said:

Unfortunately, more computers = more problems.

The logic 7 amp is a very popular item that goes bad and can be repaired or replaced.

The DVD/Navigation unit in these cars also go bad which indicates that you just might be as lucky as some who also have multiple items in their cars failing (all at once).

You've already replaced the logic 7 board, great, but now you will need to address the DVD/Navigation. Some are attached to the climate control unit like in the 6-series

So what's next?