Thread: Bmw x5 e70 engine swap

My Cars
    Bmw x5 e70

Bmw x5 e70 engine swap

Bmw x5 e70
    Hi all new to the fourm so take it easy on me Anyway I have a 2007 bmw x5 e70 m57 I have a very strange issue car won't start getting error code bmw ac01 terminal 50 have done several searches hours a pon hours and still no luck here is what I have tried replace battery took of IBM cable but still no luck the car all lights up locks unlocks dash lights up as should getting fule up put a tester on starter while pushing start/stop button all checks out fine checked all fuses checked wire harness to ecu all OK... The car just clicks does a very small turn of crank then disables if I put a 12v straight on to starter she cranks no bother any help or ideas would be much appreciated this happend as I managed to get a bolt in my engine block wich blew a valve and piston but as I wasn't to sure about how to replace the con_rod piston ect I thought I would just replace engine so done step by step and took engine out replaced with new one it was a bare block engine so transferred everything got everything wired back up pluged in ect and went over it all again to make sure I never missed anything wich I haven't I need help before taking it to the stealers hope somone on here can help me sorry for the big write up I don't have intercooler or radiator ect on as I didn't want to have to take all back of again incase somthing like this no cranck ect also still on a 4 post ramp with wheels still of dnt think that would have anything to do with it really do appreciate if someone could help me or even know someone that could help me even if you guys need to share this post thanks again

My Cars
    Bmw x5 e70
    All sorted it turned out to be the cas unit right enough thanks for the help guys

My Cars
    1999 323i, 2007 X5
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian coyle View Post
    All sorted it turned out to be the cas unit right enough thanks for the help guys
    I guess since you transferred all your original bits to the new block you were using the same DME as before. What was the actual issue on the CAS side and what had to be done to correct it? I'm having CAS issues with anti-tamper errors.