My Cars
    e36 98 bmw 323is, 11 X5

Electrical problem dash lights on and car goes crazy, kicks into neutral on stops

Ok so this is the first X5 I have bought its a few days old i shelled out $11k cash and already a bunch of problem and headaches (didn't buy the used car warranty they offered).
    Its a 2011 X5 35IX 3.0
    Yesterday the check engine light went off and i read the code with a generic reader and it showed code P15FE no idea what it is. I cleared it took it for a spin about 10 miles all was good.
    This morning I hop in start the car and the check engine and airbag were on and went away maybe 15 sec after car was started. I put it in reverse halfway down the driveway it kicks it back in neutral by itself, i head out though it was nothing 1 mile down the road every single light on the dash comes on tells me to pull over slowly. I pull over shut it off start it up again now everything is going crazy no speedometer, no gas needle, all dash light are on transmission light on, reduced power on you name it the dash had it on. So I made it home did a scan again same code P15FE. So i cleared the code again this time it came back on in about 1 mile and now all light are on again and the transmission is randomly kicking back in to neutral at any stops or red light i get to.
    I ordered the bmw inpa scan tool but it gets here friday. Any ideas where i should start looking at. I did a sparkplug replace 2 days ago if that has anything to do with it. I used the factory set gap ones from bosch.

Update: more codes came up now P15FE, P1407, P1408, P110F, P0420 so im guessing whatever the cause is its tripping all these faults. Remote door lock unlock doesn't have the lights or beep sound.

Can a TPMS cause all this? A warning for low tire pressure was coming on everyday for the rear left tire(nail in it)?
    Last edited by 323iz; 11-05-2018 at 11:22 PM.

My Cars
    2008 BMW 335i

Hard Codes or Flood Damage

Hey There...

Your scanner can't clear Hard Codes...this could be something a lot deeper... I'm asking my buddies at MyAirbags, maybe they know what's going on...maybe not... Frustrating eh?

Also, do you know if your X5 was flood damaged in Hurricane Sandy? Unscrupulous dealers shipped thousands of vehicles across America (knowing full well that these vehicles were junk lemons...rotten lemons)
    Last edited by mboclassic; 11-16-2018 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Flood Damage Vehicles Notorious for the NE for those year models