Thread: I/M readiness woes

My Cars
    2013 335IS JB4/DCI

I/M readiness woes

Hey guys have a 2013 335IS with JB4. JB4 is set to map 0 and Ive driven the car for weeks and cannot get some of the monitors to clear. I had a older scanner that didn't show whats been cleared and whats INC so i just got a new one and i have the following not set; Catalyst Mon, EVAP Sys Mon,Oxygen Sensor Mon. In looking at what gets tested during the different times looks like its the 40-60mph for 15min then the de-accel portion. Ive ran through the drive cycle FTP ive seen posted here and elsewhere but still wont get ready. Does anyone see any issues with jacking the car up taking off tires and putting lugs back and running through the driving tests on jackstands? Its so crowded here even after dark its hard to drive at 20-40 and 55mph. Plus car is 2 months out of registration so trying not to drive it too much dont want a ticket for no regi.

Is there any possibility the JB4 on map 0 is doing anything? I had the unit on my 535i for years with no issue passing emissions in map 0.

My Cars
    2013 335IS JB4/DCI
    Ive gone through the drive cycle as posted here https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...-a-READY-state

and still have those 3 at a INC state. A new weird thing has popped up. When i plug in the Actron scanner sometimes it will display the VIN and automatically choose OBD11 however sometimes i have to choose and not show VIN or give me a error that VIN is not supported. Secondly if i cold start with scanner plugged in it shows the IM monitors that are OK or INC or N/A. Then during a drive it will lose connection and when i stop, remove the scanner and reconnect it shows all tests are complete however they are in N/A and not OK state. I think something is going on with the CANBUS my thinking is that possibly even with JB4 in map 0 somehow its interfering. Thoughts or something i can look at in the JB4 menu on laptop? I think next step is to remove the JB4 which is a pain.

My Cars
    36 Cylinders
    Does your JB4 automatically erase errors as they come up?
    Maybr there's an actual dtc and problem that it's covering up?
    -Abel

- E36 328is ~210-220whp: Lots of Mods.
    - 2000 Z3: Many Mods.
    - 2003 VW Jetta TDI Manual 47-50mpg
    - 1999 S52 Estoril M Coupe
    - 2014 328d Wagon, self-tuned, 270hp/430ft-lbs
    - 2019 M2 Competition, self-tuned, 504whp
    - 2016 Mini Cooper S

My Cars
    2013 335IS JB4/DCI
    I pulled it out, now it finds the car and OBD11 fine, and when I drive I can see the IM monitors before I would get disconnects from the scanner. Finally one issue I also saw was that after it timed out and I reconnected the scanner it would say all IM test complete however they would show up N/A not OK. JB4 was defiantly putting something on the CANBUS even with MAP 0.

Hopefully I can now get rediness and get car inspected and registered. Ugh!

My Cars
    2013 335IS JB4/DCI
    I was able to get the evap set it appears that for the cold start you must idle for 2.5 minutes in DRIVE not park.

In any case i am still struggling with the O2 sensor and CAT monitor. The JB4 is out of the picture so its just the stock DME. I have tried both the generic OBD11 and the BMW FTP one.
    https://www.europeantransmissions.co...0Procedure.pdf
    https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=517969

For what i am reading if the 02 sensor never gets ready the cat monitor never will run. Has anyone seen this and is that correct? Car is a 2013 and only has 40k miles so don't think its the O2 sensors, next hing i am going to do is monitor bank 1 and 2 on the pre and post cat 02 sensors and see if they are fluctuating and if possibly one is having issues.

Anything else i can check on the 02 side? or am i looking in wrong place and just need to keep doing the drive cycle? The issue with drive cycles is they want you do do the 55mph phase which is nearly impossible for 15min around here.