Thread: Any Z owners in LI NY?

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster

Any Z owners in NY LI?

Thus far (for about 2 years since I started looking for a toy car and eventually got one of myown) I have seen couple of z3s, one m roadster and one m coupe all on the road. Just wondering if there are any Z get together in NY metro, Long Island area?
    Last edited by DimrBimmer; 11-03-2018 at 09:27 PM.

My Cars
    2001 Z3 2.5, 2021 330xi
    LI Z owner here. There are a few of us.

I highly recommend joining the Z Series Car Club of America / ZSCCA (www.zscca.org). It's a great group and they sponsor a bunch of get togethers including a nationwide gathering called ZFEST. They also have a regional chapter that covers LI, called Big Apple Z's, that does local drives. Both have very active Facebook groups.

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by ptony101 View Post
    LI Z owner here. There are a few of us.

I highly recommend joining the Z Series Car Club of America / ZSCCA (www.zscca.org). It's a great group and they sponsor a bunch of get togethers including a nationwide gathering called ZFEST. They also have a regional chapter that covers LI, called Big Apple Z's, that does local drives. Both have very active Facebook groups.
    Cool. Thanks!

My Cars
    Too many BSAs
    North Fork here. Zs are pretty much wasted on this big old sandbar. I hop the ferry to New England for driving fun. Agreed; ZSCCA.
    Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines. Enzo Ferrari

My Cars
    2001 Z3 2.5, 2021 330xi
    Quote Originally Posted by schooner View Post
    North Fork here. Zs are pretty much wasted on this big old sandbar. I hop the ferry to New England for driving fun. Agreed; ZSCCA.
    I'm not too far from you: Exit 70. Spend lots of time on the NF (let's just say we like wine and beer...but not pumpkins, if you know what I mean). If not there, SF beaches! The Z's our preferred transport method, weather permitting.

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    I'm not too far from you: Exit 70. Spend lots of time on the NF (let's just say we like wine and beer...but not pumpkins, if you know what I mean). If not there, SF beaches! The Z's our preferred transport method, weather permitting.
    I am in the dead smack middle of the sand bar and often drive out to NF with the wifey as well. Although my last trip was not as fun, concidering my issue with original clutch line. Getting it swapped for SS line soon.

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 2.3
    I live in NE Queens and regularly run my Z3 to points on the Island, usually on a day trip to Fire Island or Stony Brook/Port Jeff but sometimes as far out as the Flanders Duck.

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    Maybe we can get enough people interested to do LI Z car meet up. Talk cars and boring life on the sand bar before it turns into snow covered sand bar...

My Cars
    2001 Z3 2.5, 2021 330xi
    Count me in. Maybe meet at a vineyard or brewery?

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    I guess I should have started this thread a bit earlier in the year. . I am going to be dropping off my car by the shop this upcoming weeks. Maybe I can delay that and just cope with my clutch line issues and just try not to get stuck in traffic. My plan is actually much more then just the clutch line. Need to do 60K service 2, install IE bushings, replace all brake pads, lines and rotors and replace rod bearings. Thus if we do a meet before holiday season, I should push that maintenance out. Meeting with mechanic this week and will know better. But def up for a meet one weekend day at any place, just not McDonald’s parking lot
    Last edited by DimrBimmer; 11-12-2018 at 12:16 AM.

My Cars
    2002 BMW Z3 M Coupe
    02' S54 Coupe owner from Bellmore Long Island here
    Sapphire Black / Black S54 M Coupe

https://www.instagram.com/nickmdominguez/

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by z3coupe nick View Post
    02' S54 Coupe owner from Bellmore Long Island here
    Let’s keep them coming and compile a list of owners in NY LI area, so we can eventually put together a meet. Granted, it will not be a wet t-shirt car wash meet, not with these temperature outside. Unless you want to scratch up your car with them nips. But vineyards, brewery, distillery or even a milk farm will work.

My Cars
    1999 Z3 coupe 2000 323 1
    z 3 Coupe in Massapequa Park. BMW CCA ZSCCA

My Cars
    2001 Z3 2.5, 2021 330xi
    I'm already planning a visit to a winery (Sparkling Pointe) this Saturday. Weather should be dry, but cool. If it holds, I would take the Z out. Otherwise, it'll be the F30. Any interest? Or, is it too soon?

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    I'm already planning a visit to a winery (Sparkling Pointe) this Saturday. Weather should be dry, but cool. If it holds, I would take the Z out. Otherwise, it'll be the F30. Any interest? Or, is it too soon?
    I am game. Let’s do it. I know the place. There is a nice food place right next door, unless you are buying black Caviar for all from the sparkling winery place . What time?

My Cars
    2001 Z3 2.5, 2021 330xi
    How about 2:30? I'd like to go earlier but I have to rake leaves in the morning .

If I get a count of people that want to attend, I can reserve a table. Also, they are having an event "donuts for grownups": sparkling wine and donut tasting. But you have to sign up in advance.

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    How about 2:30? I'd like to go earlier but I have to rake leaves in the morning .

If I get a count of people that want to attend, I can reserve a table. Also, they are having an event "donuts for grownups": sparkling wine and donut tasting. But you have to sign up in advance.
    I will drive out northeast earlier and just hand out in NF area with the wife. Maybe up to Greenport area and then can circle back to Sparkling Pointe by 2:30.

is anyone else interested in showing up?

My Cars
    2001 Z3 2.5, 2021 330xi
    That sounds great. Love Greenport. Lots of good places to eat. Maybe pre-game at the Greenport Harbor Brewery.

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    My main reason for leaving early and returning late is because I do not want to get stuck in traffic. With my original clutch line on its way out, I loose ability to shift after sitting in traffic for half hour. And I am sure you know how bad it gets out east in the middle of the day. So, I can not guarantee my time at green port. However, I will make sure to be at the Sparkling Pointe at 2:30. Unless you want to move it to greenport Harbor Brewey at 2:30. However, finding parking in same area to poke at the cars would be more difficult in greenport.

My Cars
    2001 Z3 2.5, 2021 330xi
    Oh yeah, the bad clutch line. Makes sense... hopefully the traffic won't be too bad this weekend. Pumpkin pickers are gone and the Christmas shoppers won't be at the Outlet mall for another week or two. But, you never know. Parking will be a bit harder in the village so let's keep it at the Pointe. I'll PM you with some contact info.

PM sent. Let me know if you get it.
    Last edited by ptony101; 11-14-2018 at 09:59 PM.