Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I know..Ive said it before......but these coupes:

My Cars
    S54 e36/8; Tesla MY LR5
    After getting exposed to a number of porsches at autocross up in boston, some sort of 911 or Cayman GT4. I was never a porsche guy, but they are a lot better than our cars.

Maybe the new Taycan in 10 years?

My Cars
    2001 M Coupe
    Before I had a driver's license I considered the 911 my dream car. I now consider my Coupe a "Poor man's Porsche" but all my Porsche friends say my Coupe is more unique than a Porsche. It certainly has character!

-Ed Hands
    MaxPSI Stg2 Turbo
    R.Forbes magic F&R
    100K Original owner miles.
    Proud member of the BF.c FI - Big Torque Club (>500wtq Dyno Results)

Quote Originally Posted by fmcfad01 View Post
    After getting exposed to a number of porsches at autocross up in boston, some sort of 911 or Cayman GT4. I was never a porsche guy, but they are a lot better than our cars.

anythinng u dont like?.............what about driving one?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by E.Hands View Post
    Before I had a driver's license I considered the 911 my dream car. I now consider my Coupe a "Poor man's Porsche" but all my Porsche friends say my Coupe is more unique than a Porsche. It certainly has character!
    your shoe is not any poor man's anything...lol

My Cars
    ModelS;CayenneD;M5;MCx2

We use to hand GT3's their (sizeable) ass in BSP back in the day... at the National level... with an s52 :-)))

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 Coupe
    I love all the older Porsche's I've driven, but the new ones just feel off. The PDK shifter buttons are just plain stupid in comparison to traditional paddles, and the manual feels so disconnected. I'm not sure how to really explain it, but in my E34 and Z3 I can really feel the mechanical linkage and shifting of the gears, but in the 2017 911 with the 7 Speed manual I drove it felt like I was moving the stick and the computer was picking the gear. It would blip downshifts, if you stall it saves you, and the clutch feels a little off too. Granted my Z3 does as well with the M52tu and the CDV, but the Porsche manual overall just felt like a computerized lifeless version of manual.

New sports cars are a lot of fun, but I think I'll always be attached to the old school manual RWD cars more.

The Taycan will certainly be better than the Tesla though, I'm pretty sure of that. Once Benz, BMW, and Porsche all jump into electrics Tesla will fall apart I think.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12