Thread: Speakers are not working

My Cars
    2005 BMW 325i

Speakers are not working

Hi Guys,
    I just bought 2005 325i. I am new to Bimmer. I am trying to fix and service it by myself. The previous owner has installed amp and sub woofer. He took it out and left the wiring. My speakers are not working and when I opened the trunk I found that stock amp is missing and some wires have been cut. My question is that is that can speaker work without amp? or I must have to install amp? Second question is that I opened the side trim or carpet wall of trunk, now how to open or remove wall of back of seats? I want to see the back speakers may be he has disconnect the speaker from stock wiring and put his own wires.

Thanks.

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    Was the car originally sold in the Canadian market? I ask as E46s built for the Canadian market dont gave an amp in the trunk unless the car has the Harmon Kardon (HK) audio system. If the car does not have the HK audio system the amp is in the head unit. It looks like the previous owner used the speaker level signals from the head unit as the inputs to the after amp. Here are the diagrams: https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...eo-navigation/. Happy hunting.

My Cars
    2005 BMW 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcoZandrini View Post
    Was the car originally sold in the Canadian market? I ask as E46s built for the Canadian market dont gave an amp in the trunk unless the car has the Harmon Kardon (HK) audio system. If the car does not have the HK audio system the amp is in the head unit. It looks like the previous owner used the speaker level signals from the head unit as the inputs to the after amp. Here are the diagrams: https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...eo-navigation/. Happy hunting.
    The head unit has been replaced by after market Alpine and some wires are coming from head-unit which were connected to its sub or amp. So If I put amp then still it will not work? Is there a way that I can connect that alpine head unit speakers wire to oem amp? or in case if I replace the radio with HK oem radio then would it work? I will take pictures of wiring tonight and will post here.

and that link is not working, can you please check it again. Thanks.

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    The link worked fine for me on my iPhone. Which alpine head unit is it? Does it have a built in amp?