Thread: Anybody make Custom Silicone intake boots

My Cars
    '98 Z3 M Roadster

Anybody make Custom Silicone intake boots

Looks like I’m going to need something custom for my setup, just wondering if anybody has ever had to deal with this? US maker preferred.
    Built S52 w/Dinan ISR-3 kit, NickG Stage 2+ Tune, Dinan Vortech V2 Supercharger, Dinan Air to Air Intercooler, Dinan CAI, Porsche 803 HFM, Buldogge 6" crank pulley, Griptec 2.90" blower pulley, Eurosport UD pulleys, Dinan 3.38 Diff, Dinan front/rear Swaybars, Dinan springs, Koni Yellow Sport Struts, Ground Control end links, South Bend Clutch Stage 3 Organic, AASCO Light Weight Flywheel 18.5#, Zionsville Radiator & Oil Cooler, Riot Racing BBTB, Schrick Intake Manifold, 42# Injectors, Schrick cams 264/256, Forged Wiseco pistons 9.0 comp., Forged Eagle rods, Supertech dual valve springs & valves, VAC crank & bearings, Supersprint mufflers, Euro Z3 midpipe, Raceland euro headers, Walbro 255, Bevauto ignition coils, Vortech Mondo bypass, Bailey Diverter DV30, Ireland Rear Subframe Bushings, Mason Engineering Strut Brace, Mason Engineering Clutch Petal, Apex 18" EC-7 Wheels, Full Custom Sound System, two trunk lids (with & without OE spoiler), Hardtop, Trunk full of AK's...

My Cars
    97' m52 turbo
    What exactly are you trying accomplish?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1998 M3 643whp
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbafett View Post
    Looks like I’m going to need something custom for my setup, just wondering if anybody has ever had to deal with this? US maker preferred.

I'd try 3D printing first IIWY. Those MarkForged printers are awesome and print in CF filled Nylon. Parts are relatively cheap from them vs the effort to make a custom Si piece. Their more expensive printers can even make continuous CF parts which are incredibly strong. My work just got their cheapest unit for $3500 and it's already paid for itself in 2wks.

My Cars
    '98 Z3 M Roadster
    I need a 90 degree, that fits the S52 TB at the top, and my intercooler piping below, with a 2” port out the left side (in the middle of the 90) to fit a vortech mondo bypass valve.

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    Probably a close ratio 90 that is 2.75 on one end and 3.00 on the other. The 2” port will be the problem — that might be custom only. A bulkhead style fitting might hold.

My Cars
    2004 Z4R 06&12 Cooper S
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbafett View Post
    I need a 90 degree, that fits the S52 TB at the top, and my intercooler piping below, with a 2” port out the left side (in the middle of the 90) to fit a vortech mondo bypass valve.

How about an aluminum elbow sized to the larger of the 2 connections that you can weld a nipple or bushing to for the BPV
    Reducing boot on one end
    04R 3l 6 sp VF SC, custom ducting, alphaN, 2.62 pulley, multiport WMI,Severn Tuning(Pokeybritches), Tial BPV,Ceramic header, magnaflow section 1, SS race muffler/y-pipe, megan mounts,42 design catch can, CDV delete ,custom strut bar,3.91 LSD, H&R bars, Hotchkis links.Eibach Pro Kit,Koni Yellows.Megan camber arms. Carbon interior,SSK,UUC lines.CF aero. Poly bushings.

My Cars
    '98 Z3 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by dbarton62 View Post
    How about an aluminum elbow sized to the larger of the 2 connections that you can weld a nipple or bushing to for the BPV
    Reducing boot on one end
    Def a good idea to consider. Thanks!
    Built S52 w/Dinan ISR-3 kit, NickG Stage 2+ Tune, Dinan Vortech V2 Supercharger, Dinan Air to Air Intercooler, Dinan CAI, Porsche 803 HFM, Buldogge 6" crank pulley, Griptec 2.90" blower pulley, Eurosport UD pulleys, Dinan 3.38 Diff, Dinan front/rear Swaybars, Dinan springs, Koni Yellow Sport Struts, Ground Control end links, South Bend Clutch Stage 3 Organic, AASCO Light Weight Flywheel 18.5#, Zionsville Radiator & Oil Cooler, Riot Racing BBTB, Schrick Intake Manifold, 42# Injectors, Schrick cams 264/256, Forged Wiseco pistons 9.0 comp., Forged Eagle rods, Supertech dual valve springs & valves, VAC crank & bearings, Supersprint mufflers, Euro Z3 midpipe, Raceland euro headers, Walbro 255, Bevauto ignition coils, Vortech Mondo bypass, Bailey Diverter DV30, Ireland Rear Subframe Bushings, Mason Engineering Strut Brace, Mason Engineering Clutch Petal, Apex 18" EC-7 Wheels, Full Custom Sound System, two trunk lids (with & without OE spoiler), Hardtop, Trunk full of AK's...

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    I don’t think there is room for a steel or aluminum 90 plus couplers. But measure. Many of us with turbos use close ratio 90 steel or aluminum with couplers but we have more room since we have only one pipe in the area. The centrifugal with air to air intercooler is a very tight fit. So is the RMS water to air unit but in some respects it fits better.

My Cars
    skateboard

Anybody make Custom Silicone intake boots

Quote Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
    I don’t think there is room for a steel or aluminum 90 plus couplers. But measure. Many of us with turbos use close ratio 90 steel or aluminum with couplers but we have more room since we have only one pipe in the area. The centrifugal with air to air intercooler is a very tight fit. So is the RMS water to air unit but in some respects it fits better.
    Where there is a will there is a way

IMG_0474.jpg
    Last edited by GG///M3; 10-30-2018 at 11:25 PM.
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    I don’t like long rubber hoses with clamps around them so they won’t balloon and blow up. But the idea of a stem off the pipe to the valve to locate to an area with more space would work. A stem rather than directly on the pipe is not theoretically ideal but works. The way bypass valves work is just to send post compressor but pre throttle body air to to precompressor air but post HFM air, so it might be possible to put the valve and piping underneath somewhere. I’d have to study the underside of the car. He has 2 valves now, which is fine. 2 standard 3/4 to 1.0” valves or one bigger 1.25 to 1.5 valve should work.

My Cars
    '98 Z3 M Roadster
    I don’t like long rubber hoses with clamps around them so they won’t balloon and blow up. But the idea of a stem off the pipe to the valve to locate to an area with more space would work. A stem rather than directly on the pipe is not theoretically ideal but works. The way bypass valves work is just to send post compressor but pre throttle body air to to precompressor air but post HFM air, so it might be possible to put the valve and piping underneath somewhere. I’d have to study the underside of the car. He has 2 valves now, which is fine. 2 standard 3/4 to 1.0” valves or one bigger 1.25 to 1.5 valve should work.
    So you think my current set up will work? Also my current Vortech race valve is 1.5" to 1.5" and the Bailey DV30 blow off valve is 1" to 1" (one before the intercooler one afrter by the throttle body). I was just going to take the current design and try to drop a bigger bypass valve in there, and yes it's all a tight fit in there. lol

limage62.jpg
    limage63.jpg
    Last edited by bubbafett; 10-31-2018 at 10:23 AM.

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    Looks like the vortech valve is necking down to 1.0” but between the 2 valves you should be fine. I’d leave well enough alone unless you are looking for a project or the hoses are damaged.

My Cars
    '98 Z3 M Roadster
    Looks like the vortech valve is necking down to 1.0” but between the 2 valves you should be fine. I’d leave well enough alone unless you are looking for a project or the hoses are damaged.
    I thik your right it was necked down to 1.25" on one side. I'll keep it in the back of my mind, I'll see if it has any stumble when I get it all together with the new 7.5" crank pulley. I'll change it if I need to.