To start, I have a 04 530i that threw a trans faulty code about 2 years ago. The car has around 170,000 miles and the trans had been slipping for some time prior to it throwing the code. So after looking at transmission prices and realizing it’s almost as much as I paid for the car, I got a bright idea. I’m into drag racing, own a 2016 5.0, and have always thought the e60 would be a cool car to have a lot of fun in. I’m looking into LS swapping the car along with a transmission swap, possibly 2jz. Does anyone have experience? I’m aware it’s a canbus system, and it’d never work on stock computers. But if I were to use the doner engines ECU & wiring harness, or possibly something like Holly EFI or Motec, are their any other major issues with swapping? I plan to gut the whole car, don’t care about AC, radio, gauges, any of that really. Kind of just want a raw fun haver with 1 seat and a lot of power. And any ideas on drivetrain parts that would hold the power? Thanks for any help or info you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk