BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: for sale: 1987 BMW L6

My Cars
    1987 BMW L6

For Sale: 1987 BMW L6

I've owned this car for 25 years. It's a perfect project car for a collector who understands the value of this rare model. Mileage is 147,674 (photo shows 147,650). If you are a BMW enthusiast,
    please look at my ad with larger photos at https://1987bmwl6.wordpress.com. Car is in Los Angeles, CA. and NEEDS a GOOD home! - - Asking $3895, or best reasonable offer.
    *ALSO, is Panjo a good site to place my ad? I need some advice on best way to sell my car. Thanks!!
    ******** NOTE: On. Feb. 5, 2019, I posted a 7 day ad on eBay https://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-BMW-6-Series/292949363962

Aug-15-2015_P1210891.jpg P1210890-touchup.jpg P1210918.jpgP1220247.jpg P1210906.jpg
    Last edited by deniseL6; 02-06-2019 at 12:31 AM. Reason: reduced price, added eBay ad

My Cars
    1987 BMW L6
    Hi - My car is still for sale and it hasn't been driven in 3 years. My neighbor said to not start the car until the fuel lines are drained and fresh gas is put into the tank. I have followed his advice but it is hard to sell a car that you can't start .... so I have a couple of questions. (1) Can I put an additive in the gas tank that will help? and if so, would it be: an injector cleaner or regular gas additive? (or what?). (2) If you owned this car, what would you do to sell it? Put it on eBay or Panjo or elsewhere and sell "as is"? or would you spend $2-3k to get the car into daily driver condition, and then put it up for sale for $7-8k? Any advice you can give me to help me sell my car would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by deniseL6; 11-17-2018 at 10:43 PM. Reason: fixed text

My Cars
    BMW E24 635CSI
    Quote Originally Posted by deniseL6 View Post
    Hi - My car is still for sale and it hasn't been driven in 3 years. My neighbor said to not start the car until the fuel lines are drained and fresh gas is put into the tank. I have followed his advice but it is hard to sell a car that you can't start .... so I have a couple of questions. (2) Can I put an additive in the gas tank that will help? and if so, would it be an injector cleaner or regular gas additive (or what?). (2) If you owned this car, what would you do to sell it? Put it on eBay or Panjo or elsewhere and sell "as is"? or would you spend $2-3k to get the car into daily driver condition, and then put it up for sale for $7-8k? Any advice you can give me to help me sell my car would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Hi, deniseL6. My personal opinion is that 3 years is not too long, I would try to start the car without additional procedures. Just check engine oil level, coolant level and add a few gallons of fresh gasoline if it is empty. If fuel pumps still work, engine will ignite and run.

Since I am from Europe I do not know much about your car market, but if I am you, I would not invest too much into the car I want to sell. Investments into mechanical issues usually does not pay off, as far as I know. So my advice is, make it running and try to get as much as you can for the car as is. If you wash it and clean the interior, your work is done. I wish you make a good deal!

My Cars
    1987 BMW L6
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerrye31 View Post
    Hi, deniseL6. My personal opinion is that 3 years is not too long, I would try to start the car without additional procedures. Just check engine oil level, coolant level and add a few gallons of fresh gasoline if it is empty. If fuel pumps still work, engine will ignite and run.

Since I am from Europe I do not know much about your car market, but if I am you, I would not invest too much into the car I want to sell. Investments into mechanical issues usually does not pay off, as far as I know. So my advice is, make it running and try to get as much as you can for the car as is. If you wash it and clean the interior, your work is done. I wish you make a good deal!
    Hi Jerry ~ I REALLY APPRECIATE your reply! It was good to read your thoughts on this. Thank you soooo much!!!!!

My Cars
    BMW E24 635CSI
    Hi Jerry ~ I REALLY APPRECIATE your reply! It was good to read your thoughts on this. Thank you soooo much!!!!!
    You are welcome, I am glad if I can help. Feel free to ask if you have some more questions :-)

My Cars
    01 530i 02 325Xi BEV EVC
    Try posting in the e24 forum: https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/f...976-1989-(E24)
    There usually isn't any objection to posting for sale info in that forum. GLWS.

Joe M in WV

My Cars
    1987 BMW L6
    Quote Originally Posted by jmenacker View Post
    try posting in the e24 forum: https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/f...976-1989-(e24)
    there usually isn't any objection to posting for sale info in that forum. Glws.

Joe m in wv
    thanks very much joe! I will do that. - d.

My Cars
    1985 M635csi
    Bringatrailer.com or Ebay...You never know,I would wait for spring summer, or after income tax returns Good Luck

My Cars
    2001 BMW 750il
    Hi - My car is still for sale and it hasn't been driven in 3 years. My neighbor said to not start the car until the fuel lines are drained and fresh gas is put into the tank. I have followed his advice but it is hard to sell a car that you can't start .... so I have a couple of questions. (1) Can I put an additive in the gas tank that will help? and if so, would it be: an injector cleaner or regular gas additive? (or what?). (2) If you owned this car, what would you do to sell it? Put it on eBay or Panjo or elsewhere and sell "as is"? or would you spend $2-3k to get the car into daily driver condition, and then put it up for sale for $7-8k? Any advice you can give me to help me sell my car would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    New oil, flush out all fluids, Mainly motor and coolant. New spark plugs. And go from there.