Okay guys so I have just acquired a 2002 BMW 745Li from my neighbor that only has 93k miles. It has been sitting for about 8 months not being driven because they recalled that the iDrive didn't work and it needed a module of some sort. So I got the car started and threw in a brand new battery (it would barely even run with the old one) and re learned it with INPA.

So far the problems I have found with it are; The iDrive knob is completely unresponsive whatsoever, it doesn't move or anything, seems like it just has no power at all. Next, the tuner has no reception at all, just plain static, I was able to play some CD's with no problem. I have INPA/NCS/etc so I have a good form of diagnostics tools but I need to know what I should start checking to get this sorted.

IMO I think that the knob itself could be dead and maybe simple a new iDrive knob assembly would fix the issue with the knob. I have no clue on what I should check to diagnose the static issue, and let me clarify I am not getting fuzzy stations, I am getting straight static period.

In addition to that, it also has all of the brake and ABS lights and DTC lights on which I think could be related to a faulty Bosch ABS Module, but some insight on that would be nice too. To top it off, it has a check engine light for misfires due to oil being in some of the spark plug wells

My main goal is to get this car in a functional order to be able to resell it, I want to take everything one step at a time though. Mechanically and Cosmetically the car isn't too bad, of course it has been sitting for a while but the car itself has lots of potential. The CARFAX does not show any accidents reported but it was reported as a manufacturer buyback back in 05 but i'm really not worried about that as long as I can sort the car out correctly.

Please let me know what you think I should do, any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks