Thread: Rear window cover

My Cars
    2001 BMW Z3 Roadster

Rear window cover

Hi! Just bought a cover for the rear window, does anyone know where does it hooks?

My Cars
    chariot of the gods
    The black metal top frame, right in the upper corner of the window under the headliner cloth

My Cars
    2001 BMW Z3 Roadster
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtsquirt View Post
    The black metal top frame, right in the upper corner of the window under the headliner cloth

My Cars
    1999 M Roady
    I've been thinking of one of these, mostly I drive with the top down, leaving the top down in the garage, and put it up when I park at a destination, only to put it down again when I leave. Therefore, it seems like most of the time I could leave one of these clipped on. Roadster Solutions? Seems like it might help with preventing UV damage to the window too.
    How do you like it so far?
    1999 Alpine White M Roadster

My Cars
    2002 Z3 3.0
    The BMW rear window cover is mainly to keep the rear window from getting scratched on the outside, not to protect the window from the sun. It also does not protect the inside whatsoever.

The cover only hooks at the top end, not the bottom, so a breeze will blow it up over your top and expose the window. I use a California Pop Top instead for protecting the window while parked. Even those are not so hot in the wind. The front of the "pop top” is only held down by the wipers and those are not too grippy. The pop top is highly water resistant, being made of Tyvek (house wrap). It’s OK for keeping water off the top in light rain. However, I’ve come out to a parking lot to find my pop top blown over onto the trunk and full of water, so there you go...

You could sew some elastic straps with hooks to the bootom of the BMW rear window cover and hook them into the trunk, or you could sew on some bags of shot (could be messy).
    Steve
    '02 Z3 3.0i

My Cars
    2001 BMW Z3 Roadster
    So far so good, bought it from the dealer aprox 70$ plus tax, had to wait about a month for it to arrive from Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by lasersam View Post
    I've been thinking of one of these, mostly I drive with the top down, leaving the top down in the garage, and put it up when I park at a destination, only to put it down again when I leave. Therefore, it seems like most of the time I could leave one of these clipped on. Roadster Solutions? Seems like it might help with preventing UV damage to the window too.
    How do you like it so far?

My Cars
    1997 BMW Z3 1.9L 5MT
    Quote Originally Posted by lasersam View Post
    I've been thinking of one of these...
    The Roadster Solutions cover I have used for six years. It protects the plastic window against scratches when folding to down. It is easier to use a bath towel. So I use a bath towel in spring and fall, but I use the RS cover in the summer when the top goes down and stays down for the whole season.
    BMW MOA 696, BMW CCA 1405