Thread: Aftermarket cd player question??

My Cars
    08 Bmw 328i

Aftermarket cd player question??

Please help me out. What is the best dash trim kit out there for aftermarket cd player double din? Many reviews says those trim kits do not sit flush and stick out some. Is there a kit out there that fits perfectly?

My Cars
    08 Bmw 328i
    Anyone?

My Cars
    Nothing will ever fit as well as OEM.
    ASE and BMW Master Certified Technician

My Cars
    2003 525iT, 2008 328xiT
    Really it depends on what radio you are going to install. You mention a Double DIN radio but say what it is. Many will not fit in the space available.

I have not had mine out of my E92 but if it is anything like any of the other BMW's I own (have owned) many of them require a Single DIN case at the back but will handle a Double DIN face.

But as White949RX said none of them will fit anywhere near as well.
    2003 525iT Automatic, Topas Blue Exterior, Gray Leather Interior, Sports Suspension, Sports Seats, M 3 spoke Steering Wheel.
    2008 328xi E91 (wagon) Automatic, Barberatot Metallic Exterior, Terracotta Leather Interior.

My Cars
    08 Bmw 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by schatzy62 View Post
    Really it depends on what radio you are going to install. You mention a Double DIN radio but say what it is. Many will not fit in the space available.

I have not had mine out of my E92 but if it is anything like any of the other BMW's I own (have owned) many of them require a Single DIN case at the back but will handle a Double DIN face.

But as White949RX said none of them will fit anywhere near as well.
    All double din have Same deminsions unless it's a China cd player player which is sometimes oversized. Been doing car audio 10 years the double din brand is irrelevant and why I didn't mention it lol. But made up my mind, just keeping stock and running lc2i for amps but thanks

My Cars
    2009 BMW 328i
    ***** 9165, fits perfect on my 2009 328i. Bluetooth, I took me around 3 hours to install, purchased thru. Amazon. Million dollar expert, great fit, look it up in youtube on how to install it.

My Cars
    2003 525iT, 2008 328xiT
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyronekndrck View Post
    All double din have Same deminsions unless it's a China cd player player which is sometimes oversized.
    Not exactly true.

Yes Double DIN standard is 7" x 4" but there are Many units that have a Double DIN face to them but only have a single DIN case in the back at the upper level. And that is what is required fro many BMW's

Quote Originally Posted by Tyronekndrck View Post
    Been doing car audio 10 years the double din brand is irrelevant and why I didn't mention it lol. But made up my mind, just keeping stock and running lc2i for amps but thanks
    And I have been installing care audio for over 40 years, started when I was 15 in 1977 with a 1967 VW Camper Van, and have done over 6000 installs since them. Standards come and go and then you have car manufacturers that come up with "strange" sizes or designs for the radio which make it "very difficult" to upgrade to non OEM units.

For instance a BMW E39 requires something like this unless you start cutting up air tube and other items behind the dash as it is not deep enough behind the display to fit a standard Double DIN radio. Teh only area that is deep enough is the CD/Tape Player slot above the OEM Radio Display
    1-aftermarket-car-bluetooth-radio-gps-S6942_27.jpg

And on my 2008 328xi E91 with a Double DIN being 4" tall there is no way it is going to fit above the heating controls as the space above the heating controls is only about 3 inches and at 4 inches you are into the controls themselves.
    bmwe91radio.jpg
    2003 525iT Automatic, Topas Blue Exterior, Gray Leather Interior, Sports Suspension, Sports Seats, M 3 spoke Steering Wheel.
    2008 328xi E91 (wagon) Automatic, Barberatot Metallic Exterior, Terracotta Leather Interior.

My Cars
    08 Bmw 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by schatzy62 View Post
    Not exactly true.

Yes Double DIN standard is 7" x 4" but there are Many units that have a Double DIN face to them but only have a single DIN case in the back at the upper level. And that is what is required fro many BMW's

And I have been installing care audio for over 40 years, started when I was 15 in 1977 with a 1967 VW Camper Van, and have done over 6000 installs since them. Standards come and go and then you have car manufacturers that come up with "strange" sizes or designs for the radio which make it "very difficult" to upgrade to non OEM units.

For instance a BMW E39 requires something like this unless you start cutting up air tube and other items behind the dash as it is not deep enough behind the display to fit a standard Double DIN radio. Teh only area that is deep enough is the CD/Tape Player slot above the OEM Radio Display
    1-aftermarket-car-bluetooth-radio-gps-S6942_27.jpg

And on my 2008 328xi E91 with a Double DIN being 4" tall there is no way it is going to fit above the heating controls as the space above the heating controls is only about 3 inches and at 4 inches you are into the controls themselves.
    bmwe91radio.jpg
    OH shit sorry man. I see what your talking about. Never install one of those types of double din. I should have did more research

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by reneticas View Post
    ***** 9165, fits perfect on my 2009 328i. Bluetooth, I took me around 3 hours to install, purchased thru. Amazon. Million dollar expert, great fit, look it up in youtube on how to install it.
    Thanks

My Cars
    2003 525iT, 2008 328xiT
    Quote Originally Posted by reneticas View Post

There is a BIG reason that the above post shows asterisks instead of the name of the company that manufactures the 9165. That is because they have "screwed " so many people that the owners/operators of this website ban the use of the name on the website.

As for the ***** (E O N O N, you have to spell it our like this to get is to show) radio they are junk and all you have to do is search the internet about the failure rate and you will see that there are more that fail after just a few months use than survive.

My Cars
    2009 BMW 328i
    Yes!!!! ***** 9165, Million Expert, Fits perfect, I installed mine about a month ago, perfect fit, Mic, I also installed a front and rear camera. I am happy with this purchase and it comes with all the hardware.