BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: FS: WA 2000 740i Short Sport BLK / BLK 167K Well Serviced $6K

My Cars
    09 E70 N62 Sport

FS: WA 2000 740i Short Sport BLK / BLK 167K Well Serviced $6K

Would love to see this fine E38 Sport go to someone in the BMW community. This is an exceptional vehicle with years of reliable service ahead of it. Known issues are presented in full transparency. The difficult work has already been done on this car; what it needs now is all relatively easy to do.

I apologize for including only file photos of this car, but will have current pictures posted just as soon as I can. The right buyer should want to explore the service history and ask a bunch of questions anyways, which will take us some time to get through.

- 167K mi
    - No leaks, not a drop. Some normal weeping from place to place, but generally a very finely sealed motor
    - Extensive service including COMPLETE service history since new (and I'm reasonably certain every single receipt and service report)
    - Square set of FIVE M-par wheels (4 in daily driver condition, 1 almost new and was the original spare)
    - Set of FIVE Conti DWS tires with approx 30K life in them still. On full five tire rotation (all wheels/tires same size)

Major service items:
    - Overhaul in 2012/2013: Valley pan, timing chain guides, rear heater hoses, new aux water pump/heater control valve, timing case gaskets, valve cover gaskets - basically everything you can get to and replace while doing the timing chain job, it was done.
    - 2014 New Bosch alternator
    - Overhaul of power steering system in 2013 - all new hoses.
    - 2014 Flushed transmission with compatible ATF and replaced fluid, gasket, a few other seals here and there
    - Cooling system overhauled @ 120K, got another expansion tank and radiator at some point in the past few years.
    - ABS computer completely rebuilt, all new wheel speed sensors on all wheels - no ABS DSC errors.
    - Many many pieces replaced - if it was cracked, worn, or didn't look good, it got replaced. Example: firewall airbox, headlight gaskets, shadowline trim around Hofmeister kink, all gas shocks like trunk, brake release, etc.
    - Suspension completely overhauled - although original Sachs sport shocks remain up front. Still in good condition. Bilstein sport in rear. Suspension is TIGHT with no squeaks. Handles like a dream.

Upgrades:
    - Powerfold + Autochrome mirrors (passenger autochrome has failed, is dark all the time)
    - DWS tire sensor - factory Vavona interior panel, button, DWS module from E39 M5. Works.
    - Rear view camera (Sony aftermarket lens) with BMW Lear TV Tuner - correct module to allow factory integration. Wired with relay-on current for camera. Works flawlessly. Better picture than the backup cam on my E70 X5. Not even sure how that's possible.
    - MK IV NAV computer. Still using MKIII display up front, but I also have a 16:9 head unit with a brand new display, it just has some RGB channel issues - occasionally will drop all B color input.
    - hard-wired NAVcoder ibus DB9 feed in rear access panel area for NAV
    - ULF Bluetooth module, all OE components for hands free calling - works with current iPhone 8 Plus - $800 in parts!
    - DICE Mediabridge with Apple lightning jack wired to center armrest tray area. Works for USB and Bluetooth streaming audio.
    - Pre-wired for Valentine V-1 Radar detector (just add factory power cable with bullet terminals to existing soldered and heat-shrunk connector on UGDO leads.

Needs:
    - Headliner needs redone again (not sagging though), and B-pillar mount posts are broken. I did this myself and just didn't pull it off. The nice thing is I already cleaned the headliner panel for you in the process, which is a messy mess as old headliner foam deteriorates. Your upholsterer will thank me.
    - Windshield surround trim/gasket dried out/cracked, needs replacing ($75)
    - Transmission shows typical E38 harsh shifts from 3>4 when accelerating and from 2>1 when coming to a stop. Occasional Trans failsafe error which does not put gearbox into limp mode, have not read codes to understand what is cause. Does not affect performance or reliability, and is an intermittent thing on cool days. I never notice it because I shift manually.
    - SRS warning light comes on when the temp is below 35 deg F, unknown cause. My guess is a seat or belt buckle sensor.
    - Steering wheel shows slight vibration between 40-50 mph when vehicle is cold. Goes away after 5 min of driving. All steering components have been replaced, wheels have been balanced, brakes have been replaced, and this still presents itself. Unknown cause. Possible need for thrust arm replacement (again). I guess that's not surprising.
    - Window tint in fair condition. Still good visibility, just peeling here and there and beginning to bubble in rear window.
    - Paint looks good when detailed, but shows typical signs of an 18 year old car. Has some little dings here and there that you could solve through paintless dent removal. Only one spot at the back end of the rear quarter panel where there is any sign of clearcoat delamination. Very minor and can be manageably dealt with to avoid any re-spray.
    - Windshield is not stock (originally had IR coated glass, was replaced with aftermarket) and has some minor sand pitting. No cracks, just surface pitting from 100Kish miles of driving.

Extras:
    - Extra set of headlights, including new EU city light wiring harnesses.
    - Extra M-sport steering wheel and airbag in phenomenal condition, just never got around to swapping it in.
    - Box full of expensive panel clips and screws and whatnot, all OE correct E38 parts.
    - As mentioned, extra 16:9 head unit with working tape player, just has RGB color channel issues. Could likely be repaired, otherwise I would swap its brand new LCD into another 16:9.
    - Extra Behr radiator

- - - Updated - - -

Located in Seattle, WA
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by blndweasel; 10-19-2018 at 11:12 AM.

My Cars
    2004 BMW 760 Li 1991ZR1
    Hello,

There is a PNW BMW group on Facebook. Also posted there.

Manfred E.......
    2004 BMW 760LI

My Cars
    09 E70 N62 Sport
    Sold.