Thread: Can you look up a BMW's service history via the VIN ?

My Cars
    2008 X3 3.0si

Can you look up a BMW's service history via the VIN ?

I am interested in find out the service history for the car I'm considering. The VIN is WVABV333536PS05981. Is there a way to do it online? Would a BMW service department give me this info?

Thanks.
    Paul

My Cars
    2003 525iT, 2008 328xiT
    Quote Originally Posted by M6BrokeMe View Post
    I am interested in find out the service history for the car I'm considering. The VIN is WVABV333536PS05981. Is there a way to do it online? Would a BMW service department give me this info?

Thanks.
    Paul
    I don't know of anywhere that you can look it up online.

Many dealers will not give out the information as if they print it out it has previous owners information printed on it. If you find a nice Service Advisory they may do you a favor and print it out and cut off the part that has the previous owners info on it.
    2003 525iT Automatic, Topas Blue Exterior, Gray Leather Interior, Sports Suspension, Sports Seats, M 3 spoke Steering Wheel.
    2008 328xi E91 (wagon) Automatic, Barberatot Metallic Exterior, Terracotta Leather Interior.

My Cars
    335i E93 N54

Thanks.
    Paul

I've always called two different dealers, just letting them know I wish to buy a car and would like to know if Recalls or Repairs have been done.
    They have always provided me with the information when I have provided the VIN. I haven't asked for a print-out, just verbal over phone, then I write it down.

Note: providing the VIN will still only show work done at the dealer

I assume you are not buying from BMW dealership given the age of the car. If you are really into this car you might as well pay for a PPI. If the buyer is unable to provide MX documentation you could offer to split the cost?
    Using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2001 525it
    Yes second the pre purchase inspection have the owner get the print out because it will all so show what options came with the car. Only warranty repair and free maintance work will appear on it. If he had Customer pay stuff he would have to have copy's of that work. And be slightly cautious of what the owner says or has said has been done to the car, paper work is key and don't buy a salvage title car

My Cars
    Too many/Not enough
    You can get an enormous amount of info from this site with only the current vehicle tag# No VIN required.
    Current Garage:
    91 e34 M5 - spoiled & demanding 27 y/o -glanzshwarz
    91 850i/6 -another spoiled & demanding 27 y/o- schwarz-gone but never forgotten
    06 325i - undeserving, spoiled & demanding 27 y/o daughter's DD-hellrot
    03 MINI Cooper S JCW -spoiled & demanding, yet deserving wife's DD - Chili/Panther
    05 X3 3.0i -family workhorse - diamond schwarz
    12 X5 3.5d - torque monster - space gray metallic
    86 GMC Cabellero - Old Faithful 32 y/o DD BMW Support Vehicle
    08 Cub Cadet 19HP 46" hydrostatic- yard vehicle
    88 Schwinn Sierra - 1WD Off Road Vehicle
    e31 & OHC BMW CCA #385540

My Cars
    BMW M3

Thanks.
    Paul
    Hi Paul,

We have a used car park in Orlando, FL and we use bmwvinreport dot com. You get a more detailed report than Carfax.