Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: BMW CCA IP Build

My Cars
    skateboard
    Awesome progress Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    1999 m3 and 740iL
    Nice cage! Mind explaining your seat and trans tunnel setup? I'm looking at caging my 97 and with my height getting the seat lower is a toppriority, but also have to be able to mount it pretty far back. Curious if you or your cage builder had any insight to share with that.

My Cars
    '99 M3, '10 X5 35d
    Quote Originally Posted by 5speed300 View Post
    Nice cage! Mind explaining your seat and trans tunnel setup? I'm looking at caging my 97 and with my height getting the seat lower is a toppriority, but also have to be able to mount it pretty far back. Curious if you or your cage builder had any insight to share with that.
    Thank you!

Similar situation to you. Im 63 with most of my height above the waist; needed to get the seat as low as possible. Additionally, the seat mounts I bought shifted the seat significantly towards the door, no beauno.

Cage builder cut out the factory supports and welded in angle iron for the mounting base. Also seen it done with square stock that has helicoil inserts. To shift the seat to be more centerline, he just notched the tunnel. If you go this route, make sure you set up time to test fit the seat. Im gonna need to go back and have him extend the notched section a few inches. I sit comfortably but Id like to get it an inch farther back. Just ran out of time and couldnt test it before hand.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 Coupe
    I've really been enjoying this thread.

My Cars
    '99 M3, '10 X5 35d
    Quote Originally Posted by E85STI View Post
    I've really been enjoying this thread.
    Thank you!

Small set of updates. Just been plugging away on the harness; have the ABS, lights, and fuel completely separated at this point. I just need to order breakers, switches and few other items and put it all back together. Does anyone have recommendations on a panel to replace radio/hvac/etc area? Will likley pick up a carbon panel from A.J Hartman but would like to see if there are other options. Only other thing I found was Hard Motorsports but I was really unimpressed with their brake duct kit and would prefer to not use them again.

Picked up a diff and a set of scales/ramps last weekend. Diff is a DiffsOnline 3.64 4-clutch with 30/60 ramp angles. Neither of these items were in my budget for this year but I got such a great deal on them that I had to go for it; likely will cost me a race weekend but I consider it money well spent.

That's it for now. Front and rear glass should go back in within the next week. The more I look at it, the mechanical work is not too daunting so I will try to bang it out over a few ironman weekends.

My Cars
    skateboard
    I have a panel for you. Shoot me a text

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    ― George Orwell

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234