Thread: Help coding E60 Pre LCI M54 disable EGS NIC

My Cars
    525i M sport

Help coding E60 Pre LCI M54 disable EGS NIC

Hello everyone,

I'm more a passive reader of this forum, I've went through everything I can get on the internet about how to disable the NIC function in my automatic transmission E60 2004 M54 Pre-LCI ZF6HP19, I can use NCS Expert and already have done lots of coding in my car, the problem is than when I try to coding the EGS it never save the changes, and when I read the ECU again the option it's enabled again, tried a hundred times without success. I've already checked that I'm using a manipulation profile, tried code other ECU's with success no problems and when I tried the EGS it simply doesn't work at all, can someone please help me it's there anything putting the setting to enable again, I'm 100% sure that I'm just processing 1 ECU the EGS only! not doing a complete coding just processing 1 ECU, thanks guys hope I can solve this problem, this is what I've tried so far:

1) open NCS Expert and select a manipulation profile
    2) read the VIN from CAS
    3) select EGS ECU
    4) read the ECU and modify the TRC file with the option NIC to nitch_aktiv and saved as a MAN file using NCS Dummy
    5) CODIEREN_SG execute job
    6) disconnect everything after successful coding, and restart the car after 5 minutes
    7) read again the ECU using a manipulation profile and the option NIC it's aktiv again!!!

Didn't want to mess with updating the module using WinKPF as I don't have the required hardware to do it, power supply and proper ICOM cable.

My Cars
    1995 E34 525i
    Hi there. I know this is an old thread however for anyone else trying to disable NIC I was able to do it through NCS expert as above, however the only thing I did different was to reset the adaptions prior to coding in INPA. This worked and I no longer have the annoying kick when cold and taking off from a stop. Hope this helps anyone else.

My Cars
    E71, E60, E90
    I was unable to disable the NIC function on original software. After many times of coding the function was still active. I made my decision to update the EGS ECU in ISTA/P thru ICOM. To maintain the voltage above required 13V I used modified server PSU unit. I also had to update several other modules to ensure compatibility. After that NIC disable was no longer needed because kick on startup was gone completely. I saw the service bulletin where I found description of this procedure. Of course the best option is program entire car to the latest I-level, but I have a modified software in ECU (I have M57N2), so I decided to update only EGS and other required modules.