Thread: New Guy Here

My Cars
    1995 318i convt.

New Guy Here

Hey everyone im a new member and wasnt sure where to post so I figured id just make a thread.
    I just picked up my very first e36.
    its a 95 318ic in pretty decent shape.
    I bought it with intentions of building a drift car.
    I have lots of research and development to do as id like to build a high revving stroker motor for this application.
    Im looking for any pointers on a good solid build as id like to add forced induction as i move up in class.
    I would post a picture but im not sure which may complicate things when I do a build thread so if anyone could show me around the sites basics functions that would be great too lol

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    High revving stroker and forced induction may not go great together. Instead of pushing a 2L 4 cylinder to its limits, consider swapping in an $1500-2500 S52 3.2L 6. Or a $500-1000 M52 2.8L 6 and maybe a turbo.

My Cars
    1997 328i
    Post some pics fryboy, you have to use an outside file host till you have enough posts on the forum. You can start another thread when you get your build started!

Welcome to the forum!
    Attn. NEWBIES: Use the search feature, 98% has already been discussed.
    Click the search button, select "search single content type", select the "e36 sub forum" specifically, try the "search titles" then try the "search entire posts".

My Cars
    Avus Cosmos Calypso!
    why pick up a vert for a drift car? make it a nice DD. Pick up a fixed roof junky car for drifting.

My Cars
    1995 318i convt.
    ok guys im sorry for the super late update as i upgraded my computer to windows 10 a couple weeks back and lost all my browser auto logins but im finally back in business lol
    Well anyways man I have literally started to fall in love with this little thing. Im still pretty committed to drifting it but, if I end up liking the sport I agree id rather do a hardtop car for a number of reasons obviously. So ive had the car long enough to make up my mind that id like to commit to welding the diff and turbocharging the m42 thats in it and just run it until she blows then afterwards go with an m52 swap and just retaining the turbo set up from the m42. So my first steps in order are to install
    all my drift parts ANGLE KIT, HYDRO, DUAL REAR CALIPERS and a TOW HOOK and im going to go to the dyno get a base line run to see where I start then hit the track and mod from there. I will watch this thread closely and wait for all the replies before I make my build thread. I also have a YOUTUBE CHANNEL about me just a normal fat white guy who is in his mid 20s has a shitty minimum wage job with 3 kids, thousands in debt and still able to pay my bills on time and yet am able to chase my dream of learning how to drift and building this e36 as I see fit all on a budget. I also buy and sell cars and am starting to implement that in my videos and how to find deals and how to really make money in this game. if you guys wanna check out the build in real time as i post every week you can find me on YOUTUBE under Seeking Sidewayz and INSTAGRAM as well @seeking_sidewayz and thank you guys very much for the welcoming and recomendations.

- - - Updated - - -

PIC021 (3).JPG

My Cars
    1995 318i convt.