Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Exhaust Systems

My Cars
    850csi
    Quote Originally Posted by tepescovir View Post
    Does anyone know where I can buy stock rear boxes for my 840ci? they are now out of production when I tried my bmw dealership
    3 years ago I bought stock rear boxes for my csi, got them from a bm dealership in Germany at a cost of 4200euro, I wanted to keep the car stock but if I’d to do it again prob just go after market!!

My Cars
    CSi#18, Tesla S85
    When I put the Alpina exhaust back on, there was a cross pipe welded inbetween the two tubes incorporated into the center resonator - it simply crossed left to right in front of where both tubes went into the center resonator.
    CSi #18 - Car & Driver Magazine 1994 actual test car
    -- Hellrot/Black-Gray (1 of 1 NA CSi color combination)
    BMWCCA E31 Chapter International Clubs Liaison
    North America Representative, 8er.or Board of Directors

My Cars
    1993 e32
    So did a dyno run today as my 97 840ci which is definitely down on power after fitting esisinmann silencer inserts into my eseinmann sports exhaust to get rid of the horrible drone up to 2000rpms (which it did I'm glad to say).

https://imgur.com/GrFRyx6

However, not bad at all for her age, but makes me wish I got a dyno run before fitting the silencer inserts as it was very noticeably more powerful, but annoying

I'll post the results when the longlife boxes are fitted soon.
    Last edited by tepescovir; 01-24-2019 at 04:43 PM.

My Cars
    1991 BMW 850i
    I was browsing through old forums about the wokke v2 chipset and stumbled upon this. http://www.wokke.de/ONLINESHOP/Shops...71_x-pipe.html These xpipes are made by the order i believe.

- - - Updated - - -

I was browsing through old forums about the wokke v2 chipset and stumbled upon this. http://www.wokke.de/ONLINESHOP/Shops...71_x-pipe.html These xpipes are made by the order i believe.

My Cars
    2011 BMW 135i coupe
    Welcome to the insanity HA HA!

My Cars
    850i-6sp, MR2-T, SC400
    Has anyone installed that Wokke x-pipe on their 850? I have x-pipes on a couple of my other cars and really like the way it makes the car feel like it is more open, better breathing. I am told it is the improved scavenging that makes the engine feel smoother as the revs increase. It also improves the sound as well. But I have no experience with the x-pipe on a V12. My car has the Supersprint exhaust, and I am a little disappointed with the sound. Kind of quiet for a performance exhaust. This might just be the ticket to improve the sound and feel of the engine. Kind of pricey though, so curious about other owner experiences.

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    Quote Originally Posted by mfgguy View Post
    Has anyone installed that Wokke x-pipe on their 850? I have x-pipes on a couple of my other cars and really like the way it makes the car feel like it is more open, better breathing. I am told it is the improved scavenging that makes the engine feel smoother as the revs increase. It also improves the sound as well. But I have no experience with the x-pipe on a V12. My car has the Supersprint exhaust, and I am a little disappointed with the sound. Kind of quiet for a performance exhaust. This might just be the ticket to improve the sound and feel of the engine. Kind of pricey though, so curious about other owner experiences.
    You don't need Wokke X pipe, go on amazon and buy a $50 x pipe, then have your muffler shop weld it in place of the stock center resonator. There is no drone.

My Cars
    850,76 2002 &530,84 633
    The fella that built my exhaust made the x-pipe from scratch using a couple of s/s mandrel-bent tubes. part0.jpg

My Cars
    1993 e32
    So I fitted a pair of longlife rear boxes that were supposed to be a closer match to the original classic boxes in terms of being quiet instead of sporty, Unfortunately they made things worse.
    Car is even louder than the eisenmann sports and the drone is completely unbearable. They do have a glorious throaty rumble and sound incredible at higher rpms, But it's all drowned out by the drone on normal driving speeds. So car is off the road until i can refit my eisenmanns that have the silencer inserts installed as the inserts completely remove all drone, but also tones down the v8 a bit too much, but is driveable with them.

Not sure if it's just the M62 that is so hard to get the exhaust right on it as my previous 2 m60 powered v8's sounded glorious with just an eisenmann fitted, but they were single and not dual exhausts.
    I'd gladly go back to stock if i could find rear boxes until Tangcla has his exhausts ready for distribution.

On the plus side, the new pioneer AVH z7100dab head unit is perfect, now have full android auto with google maps etc working perfectly through it's touchscreen, just need to fit a 4.1 amp and all new speakers/wiring which is next on the list.
    Last edited by tepescovir; 02-13-2019 at 05:36 AM.

My Cars
    1994 840Ci - M60, 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by tepescovir View Post
    ... until Tangcla has his exhausts ready for distribution.
    I've made no progress on that front! Been busy with work and house renovations, and my mechanic has had some other cars to work on.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1993 e32
    Quote Originally Posted by tangcla View Post
    I've made no progress on that front! Been busy with work and house renovations, and my mechanic has had some other cars to work on.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    No worries, not in any rush, I'll concentrate on getting the speaker upgrade sorted for now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123