Thread: M Performance Exhaust Question

My Cars
    2008 BMW 335i

M Performance Exhaust Question

Was wondering if anyone knew what the warranty implications are if I were to buy the factory M Performance Exhaust and install it on my 2015 335? Since its a factory part would BMW have any issue with this? Want the car a little louder under throttle, but don't want anything too crazy loud and definitely don't want a drone as this is my daily driver.

Does anyone have it installed and if so is it worth it?

Pelican Parts is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '02 E39 Touring
    The BMW Performance parts are all under warranty if installed by the dealer. I'm not sure what it's like if you DIY but can't imagine that they wouldn't offer a warranty on a factory part. Other members will likely chime in with their experience.
    Your Trusted Source For DIY and Parts
    FREE SHIPPING over $99 click here
    BMW Parts | DIY Tech Articles | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Promos
    888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST

My Cars
    2008 BMW 335i
    Anyone....?

My Cars
    2019 BMW 440i Xdrive
    I had similar question to BMW NA with regard to the M performance and sound kit. Here what they wrote back to me:

BMW of North America, LLC warrants original new and remanufactured parts and accessories it sells against defects in materials or workmanship for a period of 24 months commencing on the date of sale or installation by an authorized BMW center. For your reference, all BMW part, accessory, and lifestyle item orders, including any orders placed through www.shopbmwusa.com, are processed and fulfilled through the parts teams at authorized BMW centers; whether a part is purchased in person at the parts department of your preferred BMW center or through our website at www.shopbmwusa.com, all original BMW part, accessory, and lifestyle transactions are completed at the BMW center level.

Upon discovery of a defect in material or workmanship, the part or accessory sold, or the vehicle in which the covered part or accessory is installed, should be brought to any authorized BMW center to obtain service under the warranty. The center will repair or replace the defective part or accessory without charge to the customer upon presentation of the original invoice/repair order verifying the date of sale or installation.

The decision to repair or replace the part or accessory is made solely by BMW of North America, LLC and the part or accessory replaced under the terms of the warranty shall become the property of BMW NA. Please note, this warranty does not apply to damage resulting from negligence, improper installation or lack of maintenance, flood, accident or fire, or damage resulting from modifications which alter the original engineering and/or operating specifications of the vehicle, part, or accessory, or failure due to external influences.

My Cars
    2008 BMW 335i
    So it sounds like I have to pay BMW some crazy labor rates to install a new muffler...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2019 BMW 440i Xdrive
    Correct. You can always negotiate the cost. For my 2019 440i it was 2.5 hours for both SW programming and Exhaust installation.

My Cars
    2008 BMW 335i
    Just got off the phone with my Local Dealership (the service manager) and have come to find out that BMW no longer has a relationship with Dianin, so they will not do any Dianin work on my BMW. He did say that Dianin makes a great product and he would not void my warranty just because I did some MOD's. He said they are fair and dont discourage modding, but at the same time he would not love it if my car was running like hell and i was running 20lbs of boost. So now its time to let the modding begin. Intake and Exhaust are on the horizon... then probably some tuning this summer.

I put the dinan exhaust and put a performance resonator in place of the stock one I had it done by very good muffler shop 3 in all the way the 3 in/out by 12 in performance resonator made hardly any difference just a waste of time I was afraid to remove it completely because I didn't want it to sound raspy but I guess I won't know now but overall I'm very happy with the sound it's fairly quiet under regular driving conditions but when you open it up it sounds good but it was loud enough to get the cops called to my house when I was revving it in front of my house at like 9-10 pm when I first got it lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

My Cars
    If you buy a genuine BMW part, it is still warranteed no matter who installs it. However, this only covers a defect in materials or workmanship. NOT installation error!

For example if a weld breaks, it's covered. But if you break off a stud or something installing it incorrectly, that's on you.

And BMW still has a relationship with Dinan. We sell and install Dinan parts on a regular basis. They do not void your factory warranty.
    ASE and BMW Master Certified Technician

My Cars
    2008 BMW 335i
    Thanks for the updates everyone... Maybe it's just my dealership...

My Cars
    BMWs
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork326 View Post
    Just got off the phone with my Local Dealership (the service manager) and have come to find out that BMW no longer has a relationship with Dianin, so they will not do any Dianin work on my BMW. He did say that Dianin makes a great product and he would not void my warranty just because I did some MOD's. He said they are fair and dont discourage modding, but at the same time he would not love it if my car was running like hell and i was running 20lbs of boost. So now its time to let the modding begin. Intake and Exhaust are on the horizon... then probably some tuning this summer.
    Get that in an email with his name on it