Thread: You dont see this everyday

My Cars
    e39dinan5touring85'e23

Unhappy You dont see this everyday

Aloha,

Been a while since my last post, I hope everyone is well! Long story short, I was driving with my kids in the back seat heading home from Lucky Strike when I took a turn and heard a significant thump. I knew it was something with my brakes because my pedal lost stiffness immediately. I am thankful that I was only traveling around 10MPH and really close to my workplace. So I rolled it about 400yards and took a look around. Brake fluid gone wasʻnt the biggest issue, after a close look I discovered one of my front left caliper bolts appeared to have backed out. This apparently added significant pressure on the other bolt and snapped the bracket. Its been about 3 years since I had the brakes serviced. Other than the bolt its a fairly simple fix, but I have been searching for new calipers and have been reaching dead ends. I am hoping one of you good gents could point me in the right direction. Id like to replace everything up front if I can source the parts. Check out the attached photo!!

Mahalo in Advance!

IMG_1857.jpg

My Cars
    e23 e36 e46
    I'm pretty sure I have a few sets of spare calipers. They came of driving cars but not sure if they are locked up now. I also have some rebuild kits laying around. If I dig deep enough, I pretty sure I have a fully rebuilt and painted set as well.

My Cars
    79' 320i 84' 733i
    Thats wild! I have a couple of parts cars, if you need I can send you the front calipers, and maybe the hardline too from the looks of your photo. The brakes were functioning well before I parted out the car, but if you want the "all new" feeling I would order some complete rebuild kits from Bigg Red on eBay. I went through this same ordeal earlier this year trying to find reman front calipers with no luck anywhere. I bought the Bigg Red kits and was very happy with the quality.

My Cars
    '84 733i, 01 X5 00 750iL
    I have a pair of front calipers that were working when pulled a few months ago, but the rubber dust seals should be replaced. I could ship these as early as tomorrow. I would sell them singly or as a pair if you wanted both.
    Steve H.

My Cars
    1984 e23 733i
    Trying to see your car's year. Front calipers are different from 1982 and up. I have a pair for 1976 to 1981 years!!!! They do not fit in my 1984 733i.