My Cars
    1998 z3

Is my new waterpump bad?

Fighting overheating. Replaced Waterpump, thermostat, reservoir, radiator, fan clutch and getting boiling in the reservoir. Have done basic block test and not thinking it’s a head gasket.

After following bleeding instructions (more than once, believe me) I still get air bubbles, loss of coolant, what sounds like boiling coolant in the tank. This is after 10-15 mins of driving. Doesn’t overheat but don’t go to far either.

I ran it with the overflow cap off and some of the bubbling subsided but the coolant seemed to be sort of pulsing rather than a smooth circulation I think I should be seeing.

Aftermarket Waterpump, bad out of the box maybe? (Not leaking)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2001 525it
    You won't think so. Is the heater set to hot to bleed the air out of there. Because of the different levels within the coolant system, on the e34's for instance some folks would raise the front end a bit to bleed them. Also after bleeding you can let the car sit for a few hours, with the hood up, to cool down quicker and if there are air bubbles the system might burp it self

My Cars
    1998 z3
    Thanks, yes. Always bleed it nose up and I have a nice tilt on my drive. Heats always on full. Even runthe aux Waterpump to purge any air.

Bought a Gates brand Waterpump, installation simple. Just seems like I’m getting cavatation.

Also, test drives indicate mid 90’s coolant temps.

Grasping at straws....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk