Thread: Basser sub box and door speaker adapters for E39 Touring

My Cars
    1999 528I Touring

Basser sub box and door speaker adapters for E39 Touring

I just wanted to say what a top notch product and company.

I ordered my stuff off their website and paid on October 7th and received my stuff this morning Oct 11th. I have ordered stuff online from the next state over and its taken longer then that to receive lol!

Also I am very please with the quality of both products and especially at the price. After shipping, the box and speaker pods came to a whopping $155 to my door, half of that total was the shipping. I'm not sure how they can make them so inexpensive but hey I'll take it!

Anyway looking forward to doing my full install in the coming months.

Xtrons BP7839BP headunit
    Arc Audio ARC6.2 6.5" components in the front doors
    ARC X25.2 5.25' components in the rears
    ARc audio X2 amplifiers
    and Im still deciding on the subwoofer, got to work through a couple variables first there.

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car
    Hi,

E39 Touring owner here so welcome to the Touring club !! There's a dedicated E39 Touring sub section here so take a look through there for specific threads

I have a full install in my car and also use Arc Audio amplifiers as well! I'm very very happy with them !

Looking at your proposed setup, the head unit is low quality and the rest of your setup won't perform anywhere near to what they're capable of as the Sound Quality (and all other aspects) of the xtrons is low.

For the subwoofer, you could go 8 or 10 inch in the rear side cubby/storage areas for a stealth install. Here's my writeup in the Touring section - https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...-Audio-Upgrade

Cheers, Dennis!

geargrinder is offline Having No Trouble Here BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisCooper View Post
    For the subwoofer, you could go 8 or 10 inch in the rear side cubby/storage areas for a stealth install.
    Dennis note he's got the Basser box so therefore he's by definition going in the battery compartment, and its a 10" hole...

OP here's my thread on the basser box... it seems like maybe mine was defective in the end - I only say that because a number of forum guys have ordered same one and not had the tight fit problem that I did... (or maybe I have a bigger battery?) But its still fine, working great... just had to shave that corner down...

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...w-install-tips

Actually that still doesn't include a pic of my final final install because I finally got a spare cover in gray from an awesome member here cut out for a grill, and was able to super cleanly epoxy a nice black grill in there... looks really fabulous now... I've thought about trying to paint it gray for even a lower-key stealth look but have't gotten around to bothering...
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg
    2002 540iT Sport Vortech S/C 6MT LSD TiAg
    2008 Audi A3 2.0T DSG (the daily beater)
    2014 BMW X1 xDrive28i (wifemobile)

Former:

1985 MB Euro graymarket 300SL
    1995.5 Audi S6 Avant (utility/winter billetturbobattlewagen)

My Cars
    1999 528I Touring
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisCooper View Post
    Hi,

E39 Touring owner here so welcome to the Touring club !! There's a dedicated E39 Touring sub section here so take a look through there for specific threads

I have a full install in my car and also use Arc Audio amplifiers as well! I'm very very happy with them !

Looking at your proposed setup, the head unit is low quality and the rest of your setup won't perform anywhere near to what they're capable of as the Sound Quality (and all other aspects) of the xtrons is low.

For the subwoofer, you could go 8 or 10 inch in the rear side cubby/storage areas for a stealth install. Here's my writeup in the Touring section - https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...-Audio-Upgrade

Cheers, Dennis!
    Thanks Dennis for the info. Honestly I decided on the xtrons over say an alpine, jvc, kenwood (singe or double din) unit for the aesthetics. I'm not a fan of the way aftermarket headunits just sit in this giant piece of dead black plastic in the middle of the dash. It just breaks up the flow so much.

As far as the Xtrons performance goes I have heard and read good and bad. Seems like most of the bad I read is from people either running off the headunit's built in power or off factory amplifiers, not to say there arent exceptions. But I will run this for now and i might test a new pioneer and maybe a new JVC I have just to see if the difference is that noticeable.

I have a new JVC KMV840BT and all arc audio amps and speakers in my 2000excursion so it should be pretty easy to tell if the headunit is holding back the SQ.

My Cars
    2003 540i6
    Since you got the Xtrons...

There's an I-BUS app for the Xtrons. It'll allow you to retain most/all? of the MID features.
    https://www.ibus-app.de/index_en.html

You'll also need an I-BUS interface for it to work properly.
    http://www.reslers.de/IBUS/
    2003 540i/6

My Cars
    1999 528I Touring
    Quote Originally Posted by waters17 View Post
    Since you got the Xtrons...

There's an I-BUS app for the Xtrons. It'll allow you to retain most/all? of the MID features.
    https://www.ibus-app.de/index_en.html

You'll also need an I-BUS interface for it to work properly.
    http://www.reslers.de/IBUS/

Ok, please forgive my lack of BMW knowledge here... What exactly does this do?

My Cars
    2003 540i6
    When you replace your MID with an aftermarket head unit, you lose your OBC controls and some okay features. Like the date and time that's reported on the cluster, or the aux heater. I liked using the cool down feature for hot days. At a predetermined time, It'll vent the cabin so it's not so uncomfortably hot when you get in. Mostly I'd just get the i-bus setup so I can set my clock.

Here's the MID manual.
    http://www.e38.org/e39/BMW_E39_Radio_OBC_MID_Manual.pdf
    2003 540i/6

geargrinder is offline Having No Trouble Here BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    Yeah. I LOVE being able to set the clock fckn sensibly and easily w/ the MID... vs the stupid tiny-pin-turn-and-wait-then-overshoot routine in my M3.
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg
    2002 540iT Sport Vortech S/C 6MT LSD TiAg
    2008 Audi A3 2.0T DSG (the daily beater)
    2014 BMW X1 xDrive28i (wifemobile)

Former:

1985 MB Euro graymarket 300SL
    1995.5 Audi S6 Avant (utility/winter billetturbobattlewagen)