BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: 2006 BMW M3 coupe / Jet Black / Black / SMG / 48,691 mi

My Cars
    E36, E46

2006 BMW M3 coupe / Jet Black / Black / SMG / 48,691 mi

Pairing down my current collection of (four!) M3's so I'm sadly letting the cleanest one go first as it needs absolutely nothing. My father and I bought this together and I spent months making it perfect while he was battling cancer. The idea was to keep this as a collector's car but space is at a premium, and now that he has since been declared in remission we are going to build some other project cars he has always wanted to do.

As a CCA member for almost 20 years, i've owned 14 BMW's. 11 have been M3's, and this is my sixth E46. It is bone stock, completely original, and a true "survivor". This is one of the nicest examples i've ever had the pleasure of owning and that says alot for anyone who knows how meticulous I am. This car was not owned by a kid or modified by one either.

This is not your average E46 M3. It is truly stunning in person, and i'd put it up against anything EAG or BaT has to offer. The color combination is timeless, and while i'd avoid saying it is rare, almost 3x as many Carbon Black cars were produced which makes Jet Black simply much tougher to find. The black leather interior is in fantastic condition, with the drivers' seat showing normal wear consistent with it's mileage. The leather is a dull matte finish, yet soft & supple. No cheap greasy detailing products were ever used and great care was taken to make sure all surfaces continue to look as close to showroom condition as possible. Door panels and rear seats are absolutely pristine, as is the dashboard and console. Headliner has no sagging, nor do A/B/C pillars. The sunroof panel only has a slight run in the fabric from normal opening & closing. All electronic features and controls/switches operate perfectly. Rear view mirror leak was just replaced by RadarMirror and comes with a 1yr warranty. No warning lights present (and they all function; no bulbs removed!). No dead pixels anywhere. All body panels are original and the car has not been in any accidents. I just had the front bumper and hood resprayed and a scratch on the passenger door touched up by a well-respected local body shop to remedy normal pitting & rock chips, and the color/orange peel match came out excellent. Have the receipt for this which shows it was purely cosmetic, not due to any damage. Fenders and mirrors did not have enough to warrant respraying. There are no door dings anywhere on this car, and there are only two flaws on the body: the first being a small chip on the rear bumper that was touched up, and the second being a row of small spots towards the back of the passenger side of the roof - both being highlighted in photos. I just did a 20+ hour paint correction and detail from top to bottom for the next owner who will surely appreciate how hard this car shines. Most recent oil change was on 11/11/17 at 45k mi and the brakes still have approx. 40-50% wear remaining. Wheels are all but perfect, the front right has a small 3" section of mild rash which is annoted in the pics. Tires are Michelin Pilot Super Sports and have measured 9/32 (90%) tread remaining on the fronts and 8/32(80%) on the rears. Wheel Roundels are brand new (later metal style). Vanos is still original and the rear subframe/rtab pockets have no cracks which the video below shows. Engine is very smooth and pulls hard all the way to redline. Car tracks straight with no rattles or squeaks anywhere, and the suspension rides/handles as a tight M3 should. It is truly ready for a x-country drive anywhere.

This M3 is currently stored in a climate controlled warehouse in Ft Lauderdale, FL. PPI's are welcomed within reasonable distance and I also have some auto shippers I can recommend/assist with. The car is scheduled to have its airbag recall completed this Friday so the new owner does not have to worry. It has a clean CarFax which you can see. For some reason it says six owners but it was four, so i'm guessing it either shows owners moving or dealers transferring the title, which is clean and has no liens anymore. I almost gave in to peer pressure and did a 6MT swap on this car but most people suggested I should just let the buyer decide what to do. Should you choose to, it would cost literally nothing out of pocket given what low mileage SMG components are worth. But I suggest getting to know SMG because it's fun and this one shifts just as well as my '04 with the CSL flash. Car comes with two sets of keys, all manuals, and original window sticker. Accessories include OEM wheel locks, M3 trunk mat, and brand new M3 floor mat set.

$28,500
    Serious inquiries please respond here or PM me for my number. If there are any questions I haven't answered, feel free to ask.

Build date: January 24, 2006
    Exterior Color: Schwarz II (Jet Black 668)
    Interior Color: Black Nappa (N5SW)
    Dash Trim: Brushed Aluminum
    Transmission: SMG with DriveLogic
    Premium Package (Moonroof, Power Memory Seats, Lumbar Support, BMW ASSIST)
    Cold Weather Package (Heated Seats, Headlight Washers, Ski Bag)
    Polished forged 19" wheels
    Harmon Kardon Hi-Fi
    Bixenon Headlights

Factory Options Decode:
    S210A Dynamic stability control
    S249A Multifunction f steering wheel
    S354A Green windscreen, green shade band S403A Glass roof, electrical
    S431A Interior mirror with automatic-dip
    S441A Smoker package
    S459A Seat adjuster, electric, with memory S464A Ski bag
    S473A Armrest front
    S490A Adjuster, backrest width
    S494A Seat heating driver/passenger
    S502A Headlight cleaning system
    S508A Park Distance Control (PDC)
    S520A Fog lights
    S521A Rain sensor
    S522A Xenon Light
    S534A Automatic air conditioning
    S550A On-board computer
    S639A Preparation f mobile phone cpl. USA/CDN S645A BMW US Radio
    S650A CD player
    S661A Radio BMW Business (C43)
    S674A Hi-Fi System Harman Kardon
    S692A Preparation, BMW 6-CD changer I-bus S710A M leather steering wheel
    S737A Interior mouldings, Alu Shadow, brushed S775A Headlining anthracite
    S785A White direction indicator lights
    S792A BMW LA wheel M 19" forged
    S793A Sequential M transmission Drivelogic S818A Battery master switch
    S845A Acoustic belt warning
    S853A Language version English
    S876A Radio frequency 315 MHz
    S8SPA Control unit COP
    S925A Dummy-SALAPA
    S946A Dummy-SALAPA
    S992A Control of number-plate attachment S9AAA Outer skin protection

All of the following pics/videos were taken this month to create the FS listing. I used three different cameras (modern Nikon SLR, old Canon SLR, and iPhone X) in a variety of lighting (low light, direct sunlight, and indoors) to try and accurately capture condition.

Link to Flikr album with all 120 photos.
    https://www.flickr.com/gp/50459869@N07/qA5kE3

Start & Drive
    Quick Drive - YouTube

Undercarriage View
    Complete Undercarriage View - YouTube

Rear Subframe
    Rear Subframe - YouTube

Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by jvit27; 04-23-2019 at 02:37 AM.
    '99 Estoril Blue + Dove Grey ///M3 coupe
    '04 Jet Black + Cinnamon ///
    M3 coupe

My Cars
    E36, E46
    Bump with price drop!
    '99 Estoril Blue + Dove Grey ///M3 coupe
    '04 Jet Black + Cinnamon ///
    M3 coupe

My Cars
    E36, E46
    Up to the top.