Thread: Navigation retrofit, ULF/Bluetooth, Aux input

My Cars
    2003 BMW M3

Navigation retrofit, ULF/Bluetooth, Aux input

• 1st Gen ULF Module 84216934552 and Bluetooth Antenna 84506928461 $55 shipped
    • OEM Navigation Retrofit Kit $650 + shipping
      I prefer to sell this as a kit and not split
      This includes everything listed in the BMW retrofit guide, with the exception of the Q and R connectors (I think they are actually still on my car, but they aren't absolutely required), O connectors (essentially standard T-taps), climate control relocation bracket E (not included in OEM kit), and wire ties T.
      Alpine 16:9 Wide Screen Monitor 65526971855 – Manufactured November 2005 – Has some dead pixels, but otherwise functions perfectly. Screen can be replaced.
      MKIV Nav Computer 65906920182-03 with bracket
      BM53 Navigation Business Radio Tuner 65126988275 – Sirius ready, Aux capable, ID3 Support, with bracket
      GPS Aerial with cable
      2013 North America High East and West DVD
      Firmware update disc V
      OEM Navigation Retrofit Harness 61120309250 – Needed to convert a factory business radio car to MKIV Navigation
      Trunk Brackets
      Hardware (bolts and speed nuts)
      Protective pad
    • OEM Aux Input cable kit 82110149391 $25 shipped

My Cars
    1991 BMW 535i Euro Specs
    Hi. I may buy some of the parts but I am trying to do some research. I have a 2000 BMW 740i Sport. It has the MK2 navigation with the 4:3 screen in the dash. I recently purchased a 16:9 screen to replace the 4:3. When I replaced it and turned the on the radio, I could hear sound and was able to change the station and turn up the volume but all I had was a black screen. I am confused and need some help. Is there something else that is required for me to be able to see something on the screen? Do I need to update to BM53 radio tuner to be able to see something on my 16:9 screen? I plan to upgrade to the MKIV but want to know if I need to change something else for my 16:9 screen to display something. I bought the 16:9 last week on Ebay and can return it if there is something wrong with it. Any help would be appreciated.

My Cars
    2003 BMW M3
    Quote Originally Posted by gcampz39 View Post
    Hi. I may buy some of the parts but I am trying to do some research. I have a 2000 BMW 740i Sport. It has the MK2 navigation with the 4:3 screen in the dash. I recently purchased a 16:9 screen to replace the 4:3. When I replaced it and turned the on the radio, I could hear sound and was able to change the station and turn up the volume but all I had was a black screen. I am confused and need some help. Is there something else that is required for me to be able to see something on the screen? Do I need to update to BM53 radio tuner to be able to see something on my 16:9 screen? I plan to upgrade to the MKIV but want to know if I need to change something else for my 16:9 screen to display something. I bought the 16:9 last week on Ebay and can return it if there is something wrong with it. Any help would be appreciated.
    I don't know much about the application of these parts in models other than the E46. I do believe that you would need a BM53 or equivalent make a MkIV 16/9 screen work correctly. The part in the dash is not much more than an interface; the brains are in the trunk.

My Cars
    01 740 S- 08 X5-95 325ic

blank screen

Quote Originally Posted by gcampz39 View Post
    gcampz39, i think you may need to upgrade to a mk3 at least but get the mk4 if you can. i dont think the mk2 supports the 16x9 display.you also may want to take a look at the nbt retrofit for your 7,not for the faint at heart but man is it cool. there is a big thread on this forum about it. just type in nbt. cheers! merry xmas!

My Cars
    BMW 330Ci, E36 M3
    I have a 2003 330xi with the standard BMW Business CD and the Sport steering wheel with the hands-free telephone button. I do not have navigation and I do not want it. I only want hands-free integrated with my car radio speakers and stering wheel. If I purchase your ULF unit and antenna, and a BMW OEM microphone, will this be enough to have hands-free phone capability in my car?

My Cars
    2003 BMW M3
    Quote Originally Posted by gwarcuri View Post
    I have a 2003 330xi with the standard BMW Business CD and the Sport steering wheel with the hands-free telephone button. I do not have navigation and I do not want it. I only want hands-free integrated with my car radio speakers and stering wheel. If I purchase your ULF unit and antenna, and a BMW OEM microphone, will this be enough to have hands-free phone capability in my car?
    If your car is pre-wired for hands-free calling, then that is all you should need. You can look for the badge on the trunk lid to see if your car is pre-wired. After installing these parts, you can jump a connector to pair your phone if you don't have a pairing button.

My Cars
    2001 325i Sedan
    Just out of curiosity what did you replace this system with?

My Cars
    2003 BMW M3
    Dynavin N7