Thread: Limp mode with these codes, any idea?

My Cars
    92, 318is

Limp mode with these codes, any idea?

So my car is in limo mode I suppose I can’t tell but I’m driving like a grandma anyway, also I’m getting a few weird lights on my dash, one that looks like a gear with a ! And the half engine light, I added my codes, I read that it could be the throttle body so I replaced the entire thing (used) and I’m getting the same codes, I’m assuming wiring? I know that the harness doesn’t clip in cause the clip is broken but it’s all the way on, could this still be my issue? Thanks guys
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    E34 M5, Alpina B10, 850i
    I'd suggest to read it with a BMW specific system like INPA or ISTA. Having a gear might indicate trans issues (is it an automatic?). In that case your transmission is in safemode.

If so, i'd still read it out with a BMW system, but you might consider;
    - Did something change in the gears last times? Late picking up (accelerate and it smashes into gear?); from my experience automatic trans fluid can be low. Diagnoses from the stealer are most of the time "your tranny is gone, replace", but a flush (and I mean flush, not a regular oil change.. you will miss the 5 litres in the torque converter) can fix this issue.
    - Check your battery. Weird things happen when batteries are bad. If you recently changed your battery; make sure it's well programmed into the computer
    - If nothing with battery; your engine might have power issues, causing your transmission to limp. This can vary very very much. I've had a similar case with a vacuum line being leaky, causing all kinds of stuff to throw errors.

Start with reading the car with a proper system and continu from there