Thread: eRRoR cant find e61

My Cars
    2008 BMW 335XI

eRRoR cant find e61

Not sure what it is, but I have a hard time finding the car. Anything from holding off from a 2008 m-sport 68k miles, losing a craigslist bid to a guy in Houston, I offered $1500 more than his neighbor, being too slow on hitting the buy it now button on eBay, another one sold as I was calling about it, and last night. Boy thought I hit jackpot, turns out the dealer's owners car was accidentally put up online for sale.
    Being limited with time due to work and sketchy people, I have not been able to get a car. Searching the forums and boy are there many! It can become quite overwhelming. Hoping you guys would be able to help me find one.

I'm not looking to get a car over 125k miles or light interiors.

Prefer the sports steering wheel, comfort seats with memory, and CiC.

BONUS: M-SPORT package or parts (such as bumpers) and MANUAL.

MUST KNOW the service history. I've had people say it's been serviced by BMW all it'slife, but carfax shows 3 service records and 5 owners. Favorite was a guy giving me $15k worth of service records, but engine bay had oil everywhere. Service records for
    1) Turbos
    2) HPFP
    3) LPFP
    4) oil pan gasket
    5) charge pipe
    6) belts
    7) oil filter housing gasket
    8) valve cover gasket
    9) walnut blast.
    10) Injectors, coils or spark plugs recently serviced?

Due to work, I can't be online every minute running new searches. Feel free to contact me 312-459-sixtysix7O

My Cars
    '89 535-GTS,'10 535xit
    The car that your describing is extremely rare and just sold on BaT for $28k.
    If that's what your looking for your either going to have to compromise or really enlarge your search pattern.
    I have a 2010 M sport touring. I had to compromise on what I got. I wanted a manual, but settled for an auto. I had to drive several hours to pick mine up.
    Mine isn't for sale, but if the price is right, I'd let it go.
    I've owned mine for 2+ years and over 30k. It still has the original HPFP, LPFP, turbos, injectors, oil pan gasket, charge pipe, oil filter housing gasket, and coils. My car still had warranty when I bought it and I had no issues with those "guaranteed to fail parts", and I wasn't able to get them replaced under warranty. I've had no issues. Yes, sometimes the car throws a CEL or goes into limp mode, but a reset has always resolved it. It doesn't leak any fluids.
    What I have done is this:
    Water pump and t-stat (A must, which is missing from your list)
    Vanos solenoids
    valve cover gasket
    spark plugs
    battery
    walnut blast
    springs and shocks (H&R fronts, blistein b4s all around)
    brake pads and rotors (brembo all around)
    UCAB
    sway bar end links
    brake system flush

I've also done some upgrades
    suspension and brakes
    flashed the SAT transmission programming
    SAT shifter with sport button
    M5 steering wheel with paddles (haven't gotten the paddles to work yet)
    Michelin PS3 a/s+
    wrapped the wood trim with brushed titanium wrap
    tints all around

Titanium silver with black interior (shadowline plus black headliner)

The car is awesome and I'm not really looking to sell it, but I am tempted with the recent pricing of slightly newer 435 gran coupes, 335 m sports, A7/S7. It's not perfect. The front and rear bumpers could use a repaint and there's a key mark on the passenger side. I've never flashed it for more power as I don't feel it really needs more power most of the time. I'd let it go for like $17-18 as is and well over $20k if I "fixed" everything.
    0219181224_HDR.jpg
    0824181302_HDR.jpg
    Let me know if you are interested. I can't drive till the end of the month for medical reasons, so this is the best time for me to sell it as it gives me a couple weeks to find a replacement (the other reason I've been looking).
    IMG_20170503_214857088.jpg

2000, 2001, 2002, 2011, & 2020 One Lap of America Race Team Follow Redfive Racing on Facebook
    1989 535GTS-S5S, 2010 535xit M sport wagon

My Cars
    91 M5, 2010 535xiT 6MT
    About 3 weeks ago I picked up this 2010 535 Touring 6MT with 111k and $18k in receipts between January and March of this year. Sleeper upgrades included Vargas turbos, AR downpipe, charge pipes and several other choice items. I had to fly to Denver to snag it, and outbid several other people apparently. Be prepared to work for it. Also Search Tempest is your friend.

20180917_164257.jpg
    Last edited by iain68; 10-07-2018 at 09:41 AM.
    '91 M5 Alpine
    '10 535 Touring 6MT Alpine
    '04 S2000 GPW
    '99 Honda Blackbird - Black

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    Don’t get hung up on sport package. It isn’t much on these cars. Just blacked out trim and 18 inch wheels and maybe different seats but I am not sure. No suspension changes. Our 08 has it. You can pay a body shop to black out your trim or buy new trim and paint it yourself. Might even be able to wrap it.

Great cars once sorted. Great cars for DIYers now they are out of warranty. Lots of stories of people spending thousands at shops. They definitely gave a set of common issues. Ours just had one that I had not heard of on these cars. Front coilspring broke. 08 535xi with 133k miles, had since 30k. Replaced both struts and springs and most related parts. Also found torn front axle boot and dry axle so replaced that as well.

My Cars
    '89 535-GTS,'10 535xit
    The different seats are totally worth it. The sport package "komfort" seats are far superior to the stock seats and are one of the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in. Comparable with Volvo seats, but way more durable.
    The m tech bumper is nice, as is the shadowline. At first I really liked the black headliner, but it makes the car really dark when the panoramic sunroof is covered. I'd be okay with the stock grey.
    If possible find a car equipped with the sport automatic transmission. I've done the retrofit, but I can't believe people ordered M sport packaged cars and didn't get the better transmission programming and paddles.

2000, 2001, 2002, 2011, & 2020 One Lap of America Race Team Follow Redfive Racing on Facebook
    1989 535GTS-S5S, 2010 535xit M sport wagon

My Cars
    2008 BMW 335XI
    still looking

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    You might be for a while.

My Cars
    2007 530xi 6 spd.manual
    2007 530xi, Black Metallic Sapphire, 6 speed manual, Sport package, Cold Weather Package, Premium Package, Premium Sound Package, Sirius Satellite Radio, MTech front bumper, Replica Style 166 wheels

My Cars
    2008 BMW 335XI
    Quote Originally Posted by JayArras View Post
    doesnt seem to have done much research as me. Ive seen a couple and narrowed down to what i want. if im paying premium $ im getting what i want.

My Cars
    E30M, E36M, E61TT
    Quote Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
    The different seats are totally worth it. The sport package "komfort" seats are far superior to the stock seats and are one of the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in. Comparable with Volvo seats, but way more durable.
    +1000.

Exterior wise its clearly more aggressive and sporty looking but that can be done with extra effort and money to a non sport so not quite as important.

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    If the sport package wagon is hard to find, you can always modify a non sport if you find one. Sport seat from other BMWs are identical and bolt right in -- I don't have a model list, but obviously start with E60 sedans since they are more common and in the same family, but I am pretty sure the sport seats in other E series are the same. Trim can be blacked out. Wheels can be changed.