Hey all,

I purchased this car earlier in the week and took delivery of it yesterday morning.

I maybe drove it 70 miles before it threw a warning up "Drivetrain Malfunction - Drive moderately. Maximum drive-train output not available. Consult a service center. "

This was a pretty obvious misfire situation, shaking, power drop, etc. - I'm hoping its just the ignition coils which would be easy enough to fix on my own but I don't want it to be more. So I'm taking it to a different dealer to look at.

The car has about 50k on it, it had a few other oddities when I got it that I fixed yesterday - Headlamp out, Valve stem missing, Trim piece loose. - All annoying but no big deal. but this...

Anyway I called the dealer to complain and they said they'd replace it for parts cost (Marked I'm sure) but as its a power-train only warranty that I have they basically didn't care. Seems pretty shady. Are these coils a thing that goes out frequently? should i buy a 4 pack and a code reader for next time? Did they pull a fast one on me? (caveat emptor and all I know I know thanks dad.)