Thread: Need Help Please, computer issue

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3

Need Help Please, computer issue

Hello, here is what has been going on. I have a 95 m3. It had a supercharger in it and I took it out. The tune in it was for the supercharger. I replaced the injectors and also tried to put in a stock tune from another ecu that I had. Mine is a silver label ecu and the one I had lying around was a red label ecu.

I put in the red label chip into my silver label ecu and it would not fire, cranked but not fire. A friend told me to put back in the supercharger tune. I did and it fired right up, ran like crap but fired. Then he told me to put the red label ecu back in with its original chip and it should fire. It didn't.

I am at a loss. Do I need to get a different chip? He mentioned getting a turner chip with ews delete and it would work. I am confused as this is new territory for me. Any help would be appreciated.

Someone else said that I need to align the chip with the ecu????? Not sure what that means. Thanks in advance!

My Cars
    EXOTICS
    PM the computer expert Abel,328 Power 04,
    He can usually be found in the General BMW Mechanical Help Forum.

My Cars
    Avus Cosmos Calypso!
    The chip you swapped in probably doesn't have EWS aligned with your car's system. Chip in the right direction?

My Cars
    RECLAIMED! - 98 M3 Sedan
    I dealt with a similar issue with my 95 325i installing a DINAN chip. On OBDI vehicles "chipping" requires physically swapping out the EEPROM in the DME. The chip needs to be aligned with the EWS in your car or you're essentially trying to start a car with the immobilizer activated. I solved this problem by driving the car to the local dealership, swapping out the chip with the new one in the parking lot (insurance concerns meant I couldn't do the work inside their facility...pfft.). Be sure to wear a wrist strap to keep you grounded to the vehicle and prevent damage to the DME internals / chip itself from any static you might generate. I then pushed it into the service bay and had the tech plug it in and align the EWS.

They charged me the minimum 1 hour labor rate of $90 for five minutes and a couple button presses....i'm in the wrong line of work.

Hope that helps / is relevant to your issue.