Hi there all.
A couple of weeks ago I have purchased 2013 bmw 320d m-sport. After couple of days from purchase the car started to have slightly lazy starts. Especially after chilly nights. I came to the conclusion it must be the battery which is about to give up on me. I have visited local battery shop and before purchasing brand new battery, the guy did quick health check to my old one. The check revealed that battery is good just needs recharging. The battery fitted on my car was “Yuasa” which would tell me that it was already swapped at some point(as not bmw one). AGM batteries are quite pricey so the guy from the shop advised me to try recharging the battery and see how it goes. My question here is....would it be possible that somebody changed the battery at some point and havent registered the new one on the car? What caused the new battery to be charged insufficiently? I have purchased the car from motor trader where it stood not used probably for some time...and this could drain the battery. I am not sure if after recharge (trickle charge-without disconecting) i will have to register the battery in the system, to change the current supplied to charge battery? Please advise...thanks in advance.