Thread: 2006 bmw 530xi e60

My Cars
    2006 bmw 530xi

Unhappy 2006 bmw 530xi e60

How's it going BMW Gurus:

I'm still stuck with my car cranking and not starting. I feel like I've done everything I possibly can to this car. Pls give me any suggestions that you may have. I really need help. Here are the codes I am receiving:
    1. 2A3F
    2. 2CF9
    3. 2D09
    4. 2CFB

However, I don't think these codes will stop it from starting, so I was told...... But pls anybody help me.

My Cars
    What's the description for each of those codes? Even as a BMW master tech, random letters and numbers mean nothing.
    ASE and BMW Master Certified Technician

My Cars
    81,e21 orig ownr&05,e60
    This is the guy that has had several threads after the engine ate the the auxiliary belt. Hasn't been able to get it started after incident. Neglects to provide the history of problem....

My Cars
    1987 M6
    If it happened after eating a belt, sure sounds like a crank, or cam position sensor issue. Got an o-scope to check hall sensors?

Jose
    1987 M6
    Livin the dream!

My Cars
    91-Dinan 850TT
    Quote Originally Posted by DaHose View Post
    If it happened after eating a belt, sure sounds like a crank, or cam position sensor issue. Got an o-scope to check hall sensors?

Jose
    Inspect all wiring on front of motor to sensors. I would suspect wire damage is possible as the belt went south.

My Cars
    2006 BMW 530xi Sedan
    Ok hopefully this will save you the time I spent on the same issue. I have the same exact car. One day I got in and the brake was stiff as a board, and it wouldn't turn over or even attempt to crank (no clicking, nothing.) Here's the process I went trough. Changed some fuses....nothing. Tried to jump it (The battery was around 5 years old and the voltage meter AAA read was 12.2v)….nothing. Unplugged the ABS system...nothing. Unplugged the battery for a "hard restart"... once again nothing. Finally had it towed to a auto repair shop (note that literally everything else worked electronically) Like most forums or suggestions, they said it's most likely the starter, but because of the BMW badge they didn't want to take the chance (They didn't have the equipment to properly diagnose it) So I towed it to a place that did (not the dealership but a 5 star import place) They diagnosed it as the starter but wanted $1200.00 to replace it. Luckily I have a customer/friend who had the necessary equipment to replace it so I got it done for around half of that $1200.00 total. Why its so expensive.... you have to take off all of the weather stripping, then dismantle the right half of the manifold just to get to it. It's shoved way in the back and uses one time use aluminum bolts, which if one is even remotely stripped like mine was, you have to take a saw-zaw to it to get it off. Then you need to replace the manifold gaskets and in my situation, the thermal heat regulating hoses (even online 2 of them were $120.00) What is actually not working is the solenoid on the starter, but since it's its built into the starter you have to replace the entire thing. I can sympathize I was scared out of my mind and went through hell trying to get it fixed, but once its replaced you're back for good. Hope this helps...