BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: FS: 2000 740i Sport Black on Black in Atlanta, GA

My Cars
    1995 E36 325i vert

FS: 2000 740i Sport Black on Black in Atlanta, GA

This is for sale on Craigslist in Atlanta as well.
    $4,500, pretty firm.
    See post below, I can provide more detail to those seeing on the forum.
    Timing chain guide service has not been done. The minor upgrades were done by me, the major underhood stuff was mostly done by Carma Motorsports and Nalley BMW in Atlanta.
    00R0R_jEfRfaE0D79_1200x900.jpg00404_bfPjs2rD2YW_1200x900.jpg00J0J_feVTlaCjMVN_1200x900.jpg00E0E_15VJhcPdOct_1200x900.jpg

Rare BMW 740i V8 M sport edition.
    133K miles.
    Never seen snow.
    Original chrome 18" wheels. Newer Kumho Ecsta tires, about 8K miles on them
    I am the second owner. I purchased at 122K miles from the original owner in FL with a clean carfax, no accidents. It has had one accident since, low speed on the driver side, just door damage, so put 2 new doors and had the whole car repainted original black. Title is clean and clear, not a rebuilt title.
    Black on black interior is beautiful, has custom wood grain OEM steering wheel only available in Europe.
    I have put thousands into this car to get it to its current state. I have all receipts and records.
    It drives beautifully, is fast as hell, handles incredibly and looks great.
    I get compliments everyday on the car from people ages 18 to 80.
    I hate to sell it but I have four cars and 2 kids and only a 2 car garage.

This model is known in BMW circles as the "Sporty Shorty" due to shorter body length than the 740il.
    Other features of the M sport:

"The Sport package is not just fancy wheels and tires. It comes with a shorter final drive ratio (rear end gears) of 3.15 instead of the standard 2.81. The torque converter has a higher stall speed to further boost acceleration response. The front suspension is lowered by .8 inches, with firmer spring settings (+10% front, 25% rear). Shocks are 100% firmer and front roll bar is thicker (22 mm versus 20.5 mm). The slighter lower profile really enhances the 740's looks as well. Very aggressive."

Upgrades all within last 10K miles:
    - all new engine seals and gaskets, including valve cover and valley pan gasket
    - new thermostat, fan clutch, hoses and coolant
    - new steering rack and tie rod ends
    - new front sway bar bushings and links
    - new control arms and struts all around (Bilstein yellow sports in back; Bilstein black oem in front)
    - new brake pads and rotors all around
    - new rear main seal and lower oil pan and gasket
    - transmission fluid, rear differential fluid, brake fluid
    - new windshield and seal
    - 35% tint
    - upgraded 16:9 nav screen and computer MKIV
    - Audiovox Mediabridge Bluetooth system with steering wheel control
    - K&N box filter
    - spark plugs, fuel filter, o2 sensors
    - headlight lenses and tail lights
    - wired for subwoofer amp in trunk (I had an Infiniti Basslink back there, but it is not included)

Issues:
    - the rims were chromed by the original owner when he purchased from the dealer. the chrome is starting to pit and flake a bit on the interior faces of the rims, but still look great when clean
    - the 'service engine soon' light is on due to two Secondary Check Valves (bank 1 and bank 2 codes 50 and 51) that have gone bad; has no impact on driving performance, and they are relatively cheap parts, just a pain to change so I haven't bothered
    - the glove box latch is broken but still closes and opens
    - the headliner is sagging
    - minor dings and scratches
    - the "i" fell off the back emblem

$4500
    Cash only, no holds, first come first serve. Will not deliver.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    1984 633Csi,1988 535IS, 2000MRdastr,1973 914 Porsc
    Car looks straight but I have a couple of questions. Regarding chain guides is there any "rattle" on start up do you know if there is any plastic pieces in the oil? Any idea what the cost might be of replacing the check valves with the work completed by mechanic?

Can you provide more pictures including the sagging headliner and the wheels. I have been looking for this car but wanted one with lower mileage and different color as I have had two black on black E 39 540i's. Does the A/C blow "cold". Reason for other color is black on black is hot in Florida but I still love a black car. LOL presently I have a 98 328i black on black and a E32 5 speed 730i Diamond Schwartz over llama if I add this car my neighbors are going to think I own a funeral parlor LOL!

Thanks.
    Last edited by Zieg; 10-01-2018 at 09:38 AM. Reason: additional questions

My Cars
    1995 E36 325i vert
    Definitely no rattle on start up or plastic pieces. AC blows ice cold (hot here too) just had the freon topped off correctly with oil mixture from reputable shop at the beginning of summer, have the receipt.
    I’ll take some more pics tomorrow and post. I’ll ask my indy for an estimate on the check valves as well.
    Totally understand, black bimmers just look so damn good when they’re clean... I currently have a black e36 convertible as well. I’ve had a beautiful calypso red e36 and a bronzit beige e34, and black on black is hands down fav.

My Cars
    E30 E38 E46 E85 F150 GTI
    Quote Originally Posted by jlquique77 View Post
    Definitely no rattle on start up or plastic pieces. AC blows ice cold (hot here too) just had the freon topped off correctly with oil mixture from reputable shop at the beginning of summer, have the receipt.
    I’ll take some more pics tomorrow and post. I’ll ask my indy for an estimate on the check valves as well.
    Totally understand, black bimmers just look so damn good when they’re clean... I currently have a black e36 convertible as well. I’ve had a beautiful calypso red e36 and a bronzit beige e34, and black on black is hands down fav.
    Oh yeah.
    2000 740i Sport | 2004 330xi | 1988 325i Vert | 2003 Z4 2.5 | 1995 Ford F150 | 2018 GTI

My Cars
    1984 633Csi,1988 535IS, 2000MRdastr,1973 914 Porsc
    Thanks for your response. I look forward to some additional pictures and an estimate on cost. Just want you to know I am interested but I am looking at 2 cars today locally. One is a 1997 E 36 M3 the other 2004 E 46 M3. Both are automatic or SMG cars as I have a few stick shift cars but need an auto. Thanks

My Cars
    1995 E36 325i vert
    SOLD... to a production company working on "The Watchmen" HBO series filming in ATL; they needed a car fit for a Russian mobster character... LOL.
    Said they're going to add a front spoiler and blackout the rims.

Supposed to be premiering in 2019. Keep an eye out!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watchmen_(TV_series)