Hey guys,

Can anyone recommend a good shop down here in SoCal? Title says Orange County but wouldn't mind LA either. I just want to take my car to a known good shop that takes care of their cars and customers.

I have a 2001 E39 540i that has a fairly immaculate service history. All of the maintenance intervals were adhered to, major maintenances were taken care of and the big ticket items were replaced within the last 10,000 miles (timing chain guides, cooling system overhaul). I want to continue maintaining this car as religiously as possible as I intend on keeping it until she's no longer running. Its currently at 179,xxx mi with an oil change due at 181,000 per the previous owner's oil change sticker. The service light hasn't come on just yet but I want to make sure I'm on top of anything and everything I should be taking care of preemptively to avoid any major malfunctions.

I know of Castro in LA and Bullet Performance in OC but these seem to be more of performance shops. I'm concerned they may charge a premium for the regular work since they're more focused on the performance stuff.

Any leads on good shops would be greatly appreciated! The last owner recommended these guys https://www.ocmotorwerks.com/ so I may check them out first but would like to know of any others!

Thanks!