Thread: LS to E46 conversion - ABS/DSC questions

My Cars
    2000 323, 2018 SQ5

LS to E46 conversion - ABS/DSC questions

I just picked up my 2000 323 2 door manual conversion donor.

This is a track car only. Getting an L92/LS3 and just needs working brake lights. I'm removing everything else except for ABS.

I've been doing some reading and ABS/DSC seem to be a single system. If I am using a 3rd party ECU can you still keep DSC? Are there different levels to DSC or is it just on/off?

I'm thinking of an FITech standalone ECU for engine management since it will be a manual.

Comparing costs I can get a Speartech for about $1,200 for a harness with no ECU. Someone who I forget makes a complete harness specific for the E46/LS conversion including a GM ECU for $1,800. Then there is the FITech which is $1,900 but also includes an intake manifold which I need to replace on the L92 anyways.

Not sure how you would integrate throttle cut for the DSC into the ECU, but I do want to keep ABS.

DSC is not as important for me but I'll be using the car as a trainer so keeping DSC, as long as it can be turned down, I'd be interested in. If it is simply on/off it just needs to go entirely.

Last question is the ABS/DSC harness separate or in it integrated into others? Before I start tearing it all out I won't want to cut into the ABS harness if it is in another harness.

Thanks

My Cars
    2000 BMW 316i
    Did you ever got your project to work?
    I'm planning similar project but I want to retain the original instrument cluster.

My Cars
    z3
    ABS will work independently in most cases, however, traction control will not. DSC requires certain signals from the DME such as throttle position, RPM (calculated engine load), yaw and lateral acceleration and steering angle. These signals will not be sent from a non-native DME.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!