Thread: BMW 325i E36 m50b25 Vanos turbo. I have doubts

My Cars
    Bmw e36 325i

BMW 325i E36 m50b25 Vanos turbo. I have doubts

Hello
    First forgiveness for the language, I am from Spain.
    I am already reading this forum for many months.
    I'm going to start my 325i 1994 turbo project.
    My budget is $ 5000-5500$
    Here I leave some pictures of the car:
    https://ibb.co/hhtSXK
    https://ibb.co/inhMsK

This is the list of updates I'm going to do at the moment. Later I will make many more improvements such as Garret GT3582R, good quality manifold, M3 oil pump, wiseco pistons, s52 cylinder head, etc ...

Now, I need 360-410 hp
    for the moment I'm going to assemble some pieces of low quality. I know it's not the right thing, but I think it can work pretty well for a while.

LIST:

-Turbo ebay gt35 T3 AR.0.63/0.7
    Compressor
    Compressor adjustment: 56
    Compressor inductor diameter: 61.5mm
    Exducer Compressor Diameter: 81.5mm
    Compressor A / R: 0,7 (number of blades 6 double)

Turbine
    Exhaust inlet flange (Turbo collector): T3 flange
    Exhaust outlet flange (Downpipe) 4 bolt
    Trim turbine: 84
    Turbine inductor diameter: 68mm
    Exducer turbine diameter: 62.4mm
    Turbine A / R: 0.63 (number of blades 10 double)

-manifold bottom mount - https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-323CI-3...gAAOSw7khZ~BdZ

-downpipe + complete exhaust 2,5 or 3"

-wastegate 38mm 14psi this is correct?

-BOV + adapter 2.5 "

-injectors siemens deka 60 or 80lb

-Intercooler universal (What measures can I buy?)

-fuel pump walbro 220l / h or 450l / h

-cylinder head gasket cometic 0.140" I prefer this gasket for less compression (stock pistons and rods)

-oil circuit + oil radiator (I'm going to deactivate the vanos. The oil pump has an exit for the vanos, I'm going to take this exit and take it to the turbo)

-manometers, probes and wideband innovate

-ARP screws for cylinder head - https://www.ebay.com/itm/ARP-BMW-M50...8AAOSwbb9bMKzS

-ECU MEGASQUIRT MS2

-Reinforced valve springs

-Plan the cylinder head

-Line from turbo to intake manifolds: 2,5

STOCK: camshafts, pistons, connecting rods, bolts for connecting rods, bearings for connecting rods.

Improvements for the car:
    -tires 17 "
    -bilstein suspensions, eibach springs.
    -paint car
    -All silent block
    -Front and rear turret bar
    -reinforce turrets and rear chassis
    -various arrangements.

Well, I think that's it.
    THIS IS POSSIBLE?

I have some questions:

1- With the bottom mount collector: is it possible to mount the ebay turbo gt35? Is there enough space? Do I need this motor support for more space?
    motor support: https://rallyroad.net/products/e36bmwturbomotormount
    I do not mind removing the A/A

2- With stock camshaft. Can I boost the car up to 400hp? at the moment: I can not get s52 camshaft. I can not get m50 no vanos camshaft.

3- I'm going to leave stock connecting rods bolts. The connecting rods can hold 400hp without ARP screws? Bearings for conecting rods hold 400 hp?

4- the connecting rods m50 hold more than 600hp but the pistons can hold 400hp? There are people in this forum that work like this.

5- What is better? Fit 60lb injectors that work at 80% performance. or assemble 80LB injectors that work at 50-60% performance?
    I do not know if you can understand me. An 80 LB injector at 50% of its performance works well? or is it better to mount directly 60lb?
    I can get the 80LB injectors at a good price and they will serve me later for the new improvements. (600hp approx)

6-Walbro 220l/h or walbro 450l/h? Is 10-20$ of different.

7- Intercooler 450x175 for less lag? or 550mm x 230mm for better cooling?

8-How much pressure should you blow approximately to get 360-410 hp? (PSI or BAR)

9- Wastegate 14psi is correct?

10- Can I get 400 hp with a smaller turbo? for example:
    Exhaust Inlet Flange (Multiple Turbo)
    Exhaust outlet (downspout) Flange: Flange
    Escape:
    Trim turbine: 73
    Turbine induction diameter: 65.5mm
    Diameter of the turbine: 55.9mm
    Turbine a / R: 0.63
    Compressor:
    Compressor adjustment: 55
    Compressor induction type: 50.5mm
    Diameter of the compressor: 76mm
    Compressor a / R: 0.5
    Wastegate internal.

Now I do not remember any more questions.

I would like to hear opinions about the project.

Thank you very much. I have learned a lot in this forum.

A greeting from Spain!

My Cars
    86 325es
    It looks like you have most of the major points covered. A stock m50 will have no problems making 400whp. Stock cams are fine. S52 cams make more power but it’s not that big a difference on a 2.5l so don’t worry about it. Vanos will help make more mid range power and you can control it with an ms2. You will need to add coil drivers to use the stock coils with an ms2. If you can fit it in the budget the spa turbo manifold is a much nicer than the one you found. I’ve seen them both in person and the spa is a better design with much better wastegate placement. They are a nightmare to get in and out of the car so do that right the first time and it will last forever. eBay gt35 is a good match for your goals and budget. A holset hx35 would work well to and are very cheap and will last longer. The eBay 50mm tial copy bov’s work great, but I don’t trust eBay wastegates. I would recommend a precision PW39 wastegate, it comes with all the springs needed for 5-28 lbs of boost.

Don’t bother with upgrading to an s52 head, they are the same as an m50 just different valve springs. The stock m50 valve springs work fine. No need for an oil cooler unless you are racing on the track. Fit the biggest intercooler you can, it will not make any appreciable difference in spool. Either 60 or 80 lb injectors will be fine and they both idle well. I would get a single 340lph pump to start with. It should work well with the stock fuel pressure regulator and fuel lines. A 450lph pump will require a bigger fuel pressure regulator. Remember you also will need a new clutch. A completely stock m50 will probably need 16-18 lbs of boost or so to make 400 whp. That should be doable with pump gas and the .140” head gasket. If you add methanol injection you can squeeze a bit more out of it. Keep in mind the .140” mls head gaskets don’t last forever. If you want it to last forever get the cutring head gasket and copper spacer.

86 325es, 2.8L m50, S476sxe, ProEFI 128 ecu, e85, solid rear axle, TH400 trans, 28x10.5w slicks, zip ties, popsicle sticks, tape
    best time 9.06 @ 151.8 mph, best 60 foot 1.30

My Cars
    Bmw e36 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by someguy2800 View Post
    It looks like you have most of the major points covered. A stock m50 will have no problems making 400whp. Stock cams are fine. S52 cams make more power but it’s not that big a difference on a 2.5l so don’t worry about it. Vanos will help make more mid range power and you can control it with an ms2. You will need to add coil drivers to use the stock coils with an ms2. If you can fit it in the budget the spa turbo manifold is a much nicer than the one you found. I’ve seen them both in person and the spa is a better design with much better wastegate placement. They are a nightmare to get in and out of the car so do that right the first time and it will last forever. eBay gt35 is a good match for your goals and budget. A holset hx35 would work well to and are very cheap and will last longer. The eBay 50mm tial copy bov’s work great, but I don’t trust eBay wastegates. I would recommend a precision PW39 wastegate, it comes with all the springs needed for 5-28 lbs of boost.

Don’t bother with upgrading to an s52 head, they are the same as an m50 just different valve springs. The stock m50 valve springs work fine. No need for an oil cooler unless you are racing on the track. Fit the biggest intercooler you can, it will not make any appreciable difference in spool. Either 60 or 80 lb injectors will be fine and they both idle well. I would get a single 340lph pump to start with. It should work well with the stock fuel pressure regulator and fuel lines. A 450lph pump will require a bigger fuel pressure regulator. Remember you also will need a new clutch. A completely stock m50 will probably need 16-18 lbs of boost or so to make 400 whp. That should be doable with pump gas and the .140” head gasket. If you add methanol injection you can squeeze a bit more out of it. Keep in mind the .140” mls head gaskets don’t last forever. If you want it to last forever get the cutring head gasket and copper spacer.
    Hi, someguy2800

I appreciate your answer very much. It has helped me a lot. I am a user with 1 message. You have used your time to resolve my doubts. Thank you very much.

The bov I'm going to keep the one I have listed.
    The collector, you're right. I'm going to ride Spa collector.
    The gas pump will mount
    Quantum 340lph. How is this bomb?
    For the Holset hx35 I have no budget, I will mount the ebay turbo. Later I will update to holset or garret.
    For the cutring head gasket and copper spacer. I have no idea what this is. You can put a photo or a store where you can buy it? I did not know it existed.

Next week I will update with photos

I am very excited about the project.

THANK YOU! REGARDS!

My Cars
    86 325es
    I don't know anything about that fuel pump good or bad. They are pretty much all made in china and I don't know if there is much difference in quality from one to another.

Here is the cutring and spacer that most people now use for turbocharging a stock bottom end. They are expensive but they are really reliable and last. The cutring gasket is made by athena and are available from lots of sources if you search around. The copper spacer sandwiches between the gasket and block and is there to lower compression.

https://boost-monkey.com/cut-ring-he...p-to-85mm-bore

http://www.cesmotorsport.com/documents/94.html

If you can't afford that you can try a .140" mls gasket but just know that there is a good chance you'll be redoing it in the future.

86 325es, 2.8L m50, S476sxe, ProEFI 128 ecu, e85, solid rear axle, TH400 trans, 28x10.5w slicks, zip ties, popsicle sticks, tape
    best time 9.06 @ 151.8 mph, best 60 foot 1.30

My Cars
    e36 325i
    I'm at the exactly same point on my build and that was great advice.

Thank you!

My Cars
    1987 325es, 1995 m3
    show me where you drilled the hole in the dme compartment for the cable